Anus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:

The name of the actual venue is The Project Arts Centre.

OK, now someone's getting mixed up somewhere (possibly me). The Project Arts Centre is in Dublin, not Limerick, and U2 have played there multiple times. We include a listing for the Project Arts Centre on 16 March 1978, then the Harp Lager Contest in Limerick the next day.

Here's what it sounds like after re-reading. They did the Project Arts Centre at midnight the night before, and the contest the next day.

phillyfan26 said:
Here's what it sounds like after re-reading. They did the Project Arts Centre at midnight the night before, and the contest the next day.

OK. I'll go dig out my copy and see what I make of it. What page? I may not have the same pressing at you, but it'll hopefully put me in the vicinity.

bono_man2002 said:

It is a great article. I'm perked up at the moment. I love to be creeped out. But it freaks me out at the same time :lol:

Have you seen the Blair Witch?....I haven't and Whats got me pondering, is what happens in that final scene?

As for the Exorcist.....I had to watch that from behind the couch :lol:

Oh I missed this one before like 20 minutes ago. No, I haven't seen Blair Witch, in fact horror movies don't interest me that much. But I love to read about real mysteries and murders. In fact I was interested in becoming a forensic scientist when I was younger. I still think it would be pretty cool. :drool:

... I just drooled at the idea of becoming a forensic scientist, what the fuck.

Axver said:

OK. I'll go dig out my copy and see what I make of it. What page? I may not have the same pressing at you, but it'll hopefully put me in the vicinity.

47, towards the end of the chapter "Another Time, Another Place."

They mention the contest, then Bono mentions the midnight gig in PAC, which seems to be out of order.

The Sad Punk said:

Bonnie, I have drooled over the following:

- Every class of tram in Melbourne built before the 21st century.
- Just about every Kiwi train ever.
- Heartland snippets.
- Finding an article discussing the connection between Canterbury and Otago in the 1870s.
- Digging up primary source documents by New Zealand's suffragists.

Drooling over becoming a forensic scientist has nothing on that. Don't worry.

They all note that studio of the CBS recordings to be Keystone Studios, not Eamon Andrews.

The Sad Punk said:

Oh I missed this one before like 20 minutes ago. No, I haven't seen Blair Witch, in fact horror movies don't interest me that much. But I love to read about real mysteries and murders. In fact I was interested in becoming a forensic scientist when I was younger. I still think it would be pretty cool. :drool:

Like Scully!!!

The Sad Punk said:

:lol:

Well, I was never interested in the Blair Witch until about 20 minutes ago :lol:
The ending sounds....scary?

And finally the ending, which is really what this film is all about. Almost everything you ever feared in your youth, both in the light of day and dark of night, is compressed perfectly into the film's last few seconds. When the evil suggested throughout finally thunders down like stagnant water through a breached dam, the result is possibly the most viscerally disturbing horror sequence ever produced. All exploding skulls, bursting rib cages, and dangling intestines ever filmed are mere confetti alongside its simple, implicit power. Only the discovery of the maternal corpse in the basement, in Psycho, even comes close. Keep the little ones away from this one, Mom and Dad. A child's mind will have no defense, nowhere to run, and most disturbing, nothing tangible to run from; only an invisible, meticulously goal-oriented malevolence that comes from nowhere, and everywhere, at once.

:ohmy:

phillyfan26 said:

47, towards the end of the chapter "Another Time, Another Place."

They mention the contest, then Bono mentions the midnight gig in PAC, which seems to be out of order.

Just gave it a read myself. I get what happened. :)

Shame the order isn't precise but I'll note that in the comments.

The 9/9/78 Top Hat Ballroom show was in support of The Stranglers. Bono got in a fight with them before the show over their treatment of U2 as a support band. U2 also broke into their dressing room during the show and stole their wine.

phillyfan26 said:
The 9/9/78 Top Hat Ballroom show was in support of The Stranglers. Bono got in a fight with them before the show over their treatment of U2 as a support band. U2 also broke into their dressing room during the show and stole their wine.

:lmao:

Added.

The Sad Punk said:

That ruins all the fun. :tsk:

:wink:

I know I know....and the reviews are pretty mixed on IMDB. And the only "really scary" bit seems to be the ending.

I haven't watched a scary movie for years, come to think of it.

phillyfan26 said:
Paul McGuinness loathed the Virgin Prunes.

He probably loathes every other band in existence. MUSIC BELONGS TO U2!!!!

Axver said:

He probably loathes every other band in existence. MUSIC BELONGS TO U2!!!!

They were U2's support act at almost every show, and he said that "He was paying them to piss of the U2 fans with their avant-garde shit."

The Sad Punk said:
U2 seemed to have been a bunch of larrakins back then. I like that.

Back before Larry was a humourless robot.

Actually, on the boot I'm listening to now, 1989-09-29, Bono makes Larry sing the end of Stand By Me. It brings the lulz.

phillyfan26 said:

They were U2's support act at almost every show, and he said that "He was paying them to piss of the U2 fans with their avant-garde shit."

True proof Paul McGuinness hasn't a fucking clue. :laugh:

Axver said:

Back before Larry was a humourless robot.

Actually, on the boot I'm listening to now, 1989-09-29, Bono makes Larry sing the end of Stand By Me. It brings the lulz.
'

Haha, nice.

It was a pity that Larry had to develop character (or lack of), actually.

phillyfan26 said:
The main act of the Stardust Ballroom show was The Greedy Bastards.

I could have sworn I'd added that before. 1978-12-11? Well, added it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom