Antrim Co. Jimeoin, Edge's B'day and Slane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Well actually nothing to do with Edge's birthday, but hey, it's a great day for celebrating.
I was given a gift last night I wanted to tell you about. Close as I'll ever get. I had chatted in the Interference.com room with a woman in Dublin last week. She had just seen a show that evening and as there was an Australian connection with me she mentioned it,Jimeoin In Ireland .I told her my boys and I love Jimeoin.Unfortunately she said he is not popular there at all.Oh dear.

Thing is, the show was on TV here last night and I was blown away. I had borrowed a book called "Ancient Sites of Ireland" last year from the library . A place called White Park Bay caught my eye as the headland there looks very like the one next to where I spent my childhood, a place I love dearly. If I went to Ireland, I was heading straight to Antrim Co. to see it for myself. Turns out that Antrim Co. is where Jimeoin grew up and he toured the coastline there on his "Teatowel Tour of Ireland" the show in question
smile.gif
It was spectacular, I was very moved. A whole coastline of headlands just like that. Looked cold though, so maybe just as well that's the way I got to see it.
My family certainly got an ear-bashing about how, for the sake of several thousand dollars , was I sitting here and not be driving on THAT road there right now,this instant, heading for Slane in 2 weeks time.lol. They will eventually hear the end of it, maybe, we hope.
Anyway ,just wanted to say, it's a beautiful world, especially some parts, like Antrim Co.

Back
Top Bottom