Antony and the Johnsons - I'm a Bird Now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He and his voice scare the shit out of me. Honestly, the first time I heard "Hope There's Someone" I felt myself turn green and thought I was going to vomit.

It's the vibrato that's messing with me.

I think it's a good album which is unfortunately so overrated as to at least partially cancel out some of that goodness.

Some really amazing, though largely monochromatic, songs, ideas, and tones. The first album was much better.

Great album, star power on the guest list (Lou Reed, Boy George, Rufus Wainwright, Devendra Banhart). As If You Shout alluded to, the hype has been deafening.

HelloAngel said:
He and his voice scare the shit out of me. Honestly, the first time I heard "Hope There's Someone" I felt myself turn green and thought I was going to vomit.

It's the vibrato that's messing with me.

me too. the voice is a bit unnerving although i don't remember vomiting.

barlowdog said:
Great album, star power on the guest list (Lou Reed, Boy George, Rufus Wainwright, Devendra Banhart).

i had high expectation of the rufus collaboration, which was just okay, but the duet with Boy George is stunning... i get choked up everytime i hear it

I bought this album a couple of weeks ago on the strength of hearing 'Hope There's Someone'. It took several listens but it has grown on me - there are some beautiful songs on it :up:

I think it's a great record although I honestly haven't listened to it much since I got it a few months ago. I think I like the idea of it better than actually listening to it. I mean, I think it's beautiful but it just isn't what I'm often in the mood to hear. I bought it for a friend's birthday and he doesn't like much of anything that I like and he LOVES it.

Yeah, I love it too, :up: It took me a few listens to get used to his vocals, but I always love distinct voices.

I saw Antony and the Johnsons in concert this last month, too; he's fantastic live. Quite shy though, :)

Back
Top Bottom