Antony & The Johnsons appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrTeeth

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I love 'em, who's with me? :drool:

Except for the song Free at Last, their album I Am a Bird Now is amazing! :drool:

The only introduction I had has been the If It Be Your Will cover on the Leonnard Cohen soundtrack, and it was a great performance.

Kind of like a drunk David Bowie with a lisp.

The first, self-titled album was a whole lot better than I am a Bird Now, but the latter is still by no means a bad album. Some amazing tunes, all around.

weird, I prefer "I Am A Bird Now" to their self-titled debut

still, is amazing, beautiful music

I love Antony & The Johnsons. :heart:

I prefer their debut album, but both records are just wonderful. And I like the song "Free at Last." It's the Lou Reed duet I'm not so down with.

Can't wait for them to release another album.

one of the top musicians of the new century. fantastic songwriting and a great, great voice.

actually my favourite antony song never made i am a bird now:

'the lake' (an edgar allen poe poem which antony has set to music) must be my most listened to song of the last couple of years. its addictive..... so beautiful

if anyone who likes antony doesnt want to wait until his next album, please check out the latest ep of michael cashmore. a 5 track (and 5 star!) album with antony singing on three (the other two are instrumentals). it seems that everything antony works on turns into gold!

I love both albums and was lucky enough to see them 2 years ago in York (U.K.).It's worth going to see them just for the weird and wonderful people you get in the audience.

Flaming Friar Sr said:
if anyone who likes antony doesnt want to wait until his next album, please check out the latest ep of michael cashmore. a 5 track (and 5 star!) album with antony singing on three (the other two are instrumentals). it seems that everything antony works on turns into gold!

Thanks for the info. I will look for this. :up:

HeartlandGirl said:
I love Antony & The Johnsons. :heart:

I wrote that exact line, heart & all, then saw your post just before I hit 'submit reply.' So now I'll just say ditto.

I love the the Lou Reed duet, though.

I am a big fan!

I've got a ticket to see a live show from 9/23/2005 that went unused
because my gf broke her hand the night before playing baseball.

I hope to see them, next time.

Flaming Friar Sr said:

I liked that one as well, but I think it's a bit expensive for an EP :grumpy: :cheap:

yeah, Antony Hegarty, Timbaland, Konono No. 1, Chris Corsano (Sonic Youth) all of them collaborating on "Volta"

also, Konono and Joanna Newsom opening for her some dates in the upcoming tour

Back
Top Bottom