Anthony Rapp! Pictures!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So I went back to my old college today to see Anthony Rapp speak. Such a tiny little guy, but so so sweet and incredibly nice. He indulged me a "Tango:Maureen" pose. And he seemed to like my question. I couldn't really think of anything from his book that wouldn't be awkward to ask in a room full of mostly socially conservative types, and I wanted to avoid a completely Rent question, so I asked him about how it was going from Rent to You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. He said it was actually nice for him, because Rent was the last thing his mother saw him in before passing away, and You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown was a show he had done as a child that she really enjoyed. Anyway, such a great guy. Pics!

JasonAnthony_0.jpg

Very cool! Did you read his memoir "Without You"? I read it this summer, and it had its moments.

Love your sig quote, by the way!

Yes, I enjoyed it a lot, but it was very intensely personal. And it felt a little unfinished. The early chapters about his mother and Rent were great, the ones after her passing seemed rushed. It was, all in all, a very enjoyable read and a great one for a fan of the show (moreso than the film, which hadn't been released when he wrote it).

On a side note, this pic makes my girlfriend a little uncomfortable. :mac:

Yeah, I'm with you - I loved the stuff about Rent, and the family bits were nice, but I guess I didn't realize it was going to be so personal. I wanted a shallower story about showbiz. :(

Back
Top Bottom