another stupid ipod question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
i'm going to visit my brother in nyc tomorrow.
i've never used an ipod on another computer before.
if i use my ipod to add stuff from cds on his computer will it mess up what i already have on the ipod?
how do i keep the ipod from updating with his information?
or is it even possible to use his computer instead of mine?

You can do it, however there is a chance that it will wipe your whole iPod song collection out and you'll have to add it back on later. Your best bet is to burn what you want onto a CD, bring it back to your PC, add it to your iTunes and then update your iPod.

I think burning it to a cd is a good idea. (I had no idea that loading from another computer could wipe out your whole collection :huh: )

But if you do add it from his computer - be sure to set the preference that only songs you *manually* transfer from iTunes are added to your iPod. I didn't know to do that before I plugged my iPod into my own computer, and before I knew it my iPod was loaded with my hundreds of random, unorganized mp3s. Kind of a pain to fix.

unfortunately i won't have time to burn everything to cd before i leave.
i've actually never used my ipod on my computer since i don't have the right requirements.
i've only used it on my friend rosie's computer.
i think i'll just leave the cd's at home this time, and just bring the ipod for listening to, not for messing with.

i'm off to the airport now :wave:

oliveu2cm said:

But if you do add it from his computer - be sure to set the preference that only songs you *manually* transfer from iTunes are added to your iPod.

As long as you set it to manual you should be fine. My aunt has added songs from my computer onto her ipod several times

Just go to manual. I've done this many times before and never had a problem.

Back
Top Bottom