Another So. Cal Earthquake - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-16-2005, 05:00 PM   #46
The Fly
 
Ms. M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 190
Local Time: 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. BAW
My sources about that remark are pretty genuine...one even commented that he thought it was a 9 considering how spread the damage was ...from the edge of Antelope Valley through Northridge, Santa Clarita and Santa Monica...many of the freeway overpasses were knocked out...it was ugly...we were in OC during that one and our house rocked....we had all four kids living with us at the time, all 6 of us huddled in the living room...and we were 70 miles east of the epicenter.....
I was born and raised in So. Cal had the San Andreas fault right through the backyard. Earthquakes never use to bother me until Northridge! We were living in Venice/Santa Monica border (had just moved 3 weeks prior from the valley) and we were convinced we were the epicenter (had 3 quakes prior to that off the coast) and were totally shocked when we found out from relatives living on the east coast watching CNN what had really happened and how wide spread it was. 6.4 my arse!
__________________

__________________
Ms. M is offline  
Old 06-16-2005, 07:23 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
BluRmGrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Leather Heaven
Posts: 7,808
Local Time: 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip


what the public doesnt know wont hurt them

unless they get killed in an earthquake i guess
Yeah, but dead guys don't talk.

Glad to hear you're all OK! I guess some folks feel the same way about our hurricanes here on the Southeast coast, but I don't think I could live somewhere that the ground could open up & swallow my house without much notice! How in the world do you live with that possiblity?!?!?
__________________

__________________
BluRmGrl is offline  
Old 06-16-2005, 07:45 PM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Mr. BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Life's too short to drink cheap wine!
Posts: 12,336
Local Time: 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by redkat
I was talking on the phone with someone in S.D Poway she didn't feel it. I DID feel it. I'm in Yorba Linda.

Yikes someone is trying to tell us something. Whenever one happens I kind of just stop and think F*** hope it ends before I have to take action LOL. My kids don't seem scared at all. I wasn't when I was a kid. Now it concerns me I hate being an adult.

Right next door in Placentia; Yorba Linda at Kraemer...
__________________
Mr. BAW is offline  
Old 06-16-2005, 07:48 PM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Mr. BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Life's too short to drink cheap wine!
Posts: 12,336
Local Time: 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ms. M


I was born and raised in So. Cal had the San Andreas fault right through the backyard. Earthquakes never use to bother me until Northridge! We were living in Venice/Santa Monica border (had just moved 3 weeks prior from the valley) and we were convinced we were the epicenter (had 3 quakes prior to that off the coast) and were totally shocked when we found out from relatives living on the east coast watching CNN what had really happened and how wide spread it was. 6.4 my arse!
We were living in OC at the time but I grew up in the South Bay (Torrance) and that's the one that I told you may have actually been a 9 but was scaled back by "the powers that be...(freakin' insurance companies)...you see they can't write policies on an active seismic area...so if they turn the cheek, pull those #'s down a little, all is well....
__________________
Mr. BAW is offline  
Old 06-16-2005, 09:17 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
BluRmGrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Leather Heaven
Posts: 7,808
Local Time: 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. BAW


We were living in OC at the time but I grew up in the South Bay (Torrance) and that's the one that I told you may have actually been a 9 but was scaled back by "the powers that be...(freakin' insurance companies)...you see they can't write policies on an active seismic area...so if they turn the cheek, pull those #'s down a little, all is well....
Grrr.. Bastards. It's all about the Benjamins, isn't it?
__________________
BluRmGrl is offline  
Old 06-16-2005, 09:23 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
cell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Disneyland
Posts: 5,901
Local Time: 09:54 PM
i didnt feel anything this time. wierd.
__________________
cell is offline  
Old 06-16-2005, 09:27 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Mr. BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Life's too short to drink cheap wine!
Posts: 12,336
Local Time: 09:54 PM
where were you???
__________________
Mr. BAW is offline  
Old 06-16-2005, 09:31 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
cell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Disneyland
Posts: 5,901
Local Time: 09:54 PM
in anaheim...on my way home
__________________
cell is offline  
Old 06-16-2005, 11:29 PM   #54
Refugee
 
u2valleygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: shermanoaks,CA,USA
Posts: 1,108
Local Time: 08:54 PM
I was grocery shopping at Ralph's. Nobody noticed it. Our house bit the dust in the Northridge quake. We had to rebuild with a ton of steel.
__________________
u2valleygirl is offline  
Old 06-16-2005, 11:39 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
elevation2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: corner of Badlands & Magnolia Mountain
Posts: 5,371
Local Time: 08:54 PM
i felt one on sunday morning, i didnt feel one today...was there one?
__________________
elevation2u is offline  
Old 06-17-2005, 12:13 AM   #56
Refugee
 
u2valleygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: shermanoaks,CA,USA
Posts: 1,108
Local Time: 08:54 PM
There is breaking news another one in Eureka. Northern CA.
__________________
u2valleygirl is offline  
Old 06-17-2005, 12:26 AM   #57
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 05:54 PM
This is sort of off topic, my Firefox just said there's a severe weather alert for Mansfield, TX.

oMgz0rz!!!11!11!
__________________
impy13 is offline  
Old 06-17-2005, 01:23 AM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
blueeyedgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bottom of the earth
Posts: 6,774
Local Time: 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BluRmGrl

Yeah, but dead guys don't talk.

Glad to hear you're all OK! I guess some folks feel the same way about our hurricanes here on the Southeast coast, but I don't think I could live somewhere that the ground could open up & swallow my house without much notice! How in the world do you live with that possiblity?!?!?
I must say as an Australian I watch the news about NA with some interest and amusement. If you're not getting sucked up in a tornado, you're living on major fault lines. Oh yeah and buried under 10 feet of snow.

I love Australia! We are such a benign continent!
__________________
blueeyedgirl is offline  
Old 06-17-2005, 01:54 AM   #59
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 10:54 PM
Ahem. There was just ANOTHER earthquake (6.6) off the coast of northern California. Happened at 10:21pm.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqinthenews/2005/uszkal/

Let's hope that all of these earthquakes are letting off any pressure that would lead up to a 'big one'...
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 06-17-2005, 04:37 AM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Niamh_Saoirse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 8,657
Local Time: 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen
Ahem. There was just ANOTHER earthquake (6.6) off the coast of northern California. Happened at 10:21pm.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqinthenews/2005/uszkal/

Let's hope that all of these earthquakes are letting off any pressure that would lead up to a 'big one'...
What?? ANother one?

Jaysus! You guys are definately having a bad week!
__________________

__________________
Niamh_Saoirse is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com