Another Showtime Show - DEXTER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's already my new TV addiction. :drool:

I accidentally watched the first episode three times. I mean, everytime I was surfing and it was on I just had to watch it again. It's so wonderfully creepy.

A couple weeks ago, a subway car I was riding in was COVERED with really creepy ads for it (Michael C. Hall resting his chin on a cadaverous arm...blech!). I do love Michael and I'd probably give it a go, but I don't have Showtime. Maybe I'll Netflix the DVDs when they eventually come out.

i have yet to watch, but my parents told me to -- we were all huge "6 Feet Under" fans, and we were all devastated when the show ended with that astonishing final 10 minutes. when telling me to watch, my mom sighed, and said, "it was just so nice to hear David's voice again ... they were like real people to me ..."

Canadiens1160 said:
Leo Laporte told me to watch this show so I will.

WOOOOOOOOOO

grumpypompom.gif
grumpypompom.gif
grumpypompom.gif

got_edge said:
My money's on the french, amputating doctor. I wonder how close he'll get to killing Morgan :hmm:

Yeah, but I'm going to have a problem with that if it's the case. It seems pretty obvious that he could be the ice truck killer after the speech he gave to Morgan about putting his amputee mother back together. I hope it's just a red herring they've thrown at us to make us suspect the doctor. But then again, with so few episodes left they've got to introduce the ice truck killer sooner or later...

Assuming I'm right, the way I see it: Dexter will figure out it's him at the last possible moment. He'll probably come to Morgan's rescue just before a major incision is made. The doctor and Dexter will then come face to face and through their confrontation Morgan will find out her brother's deep dark secret.

But hopefully the show's writers are smarter than that :happy:

Anyway, how perfect was the ending to Sunday night's episode?

hiok9.jpg

Hi...

whoav2.jpg

Who the fuck are you?

dexyd0.jpg

smilegm0.jpg

I love that the quality of this show improves with every new episode :drool:

I thought about you when the mexiuban hotel lady introduced herself.

Maria Lolita Conchita de la Cruz Gonzalez!

That ending was expected but at least it didn't turn out lame :up:

got_edge said:
I thought about you when the mexiuban hotel lady introduced herself.

Maria Lolita Conchita de la Cruz Gonzalez!

Hahaha!

Did you notice they used Mexican actors in the episode about the coyote smuggling Cubanos? :tsk:

The lady they interviewed at the station in the next episode was authentic, though. She replaced all her R's with hard L's :love:

got_edge said:

*****SPOILER*****

Well, I thought his whole, um, release, shall we say, with Rita, was fascinating, and how he processed it in therapy, and how utterly surprised he was to learn that what he thought was a loss of control was actually something wonderful and normal. Meanwhile his sister had a similar release and we learned that the two people closest to her are of the same ilk. A bit far-fetched but hey, it's Showtime! Why did you think it was lame?

I've never really liked the actress that plays Dexter's sister. It's nice to see that she's as fucked up as Dex but... MEH.

I also think that the therapy sessions were an unecessary storyline; Dexter's not supposed to have feelings!

Sunday night's episode wasn't lame at all, gottage. I do love your weak argument though
grumpykiss.gif
. I can't stand Dexter's sister either, but the scenes with Dexter were really intriguing to me; everything that joyfulgirl said, basically :up:

got_edge said:
I also think that the therapy sessions were an unecessary storyline; Dexter's not supposed to have feelings!
Whaaaat? But that was the beauty of it. He does have emotions. He doesn't recognize the feeling because he's been repressing emotions all of his life. I just don't buy that he's 100% emotionless.

Speaking of which, am I alone in thinking that Dexter's feelings for Rita's children aren't fabricated? Plus he seems a bit envious of Rita's husband being an active part of their lives again. I don't know, maybe he really is doing a good job at faking his interactions with them, but I'd like to believe he genuinely cares for the kids.

Anyway, I wish we could've seen more of the memory Dexter had as a young child in his therapy session. The quick glimpse of what was presumably a young 3 or 4 year old Dexter in tears next to a bloody corpse was incredibly creepy. I hope they explore that in some way. I bet it's connected into what made him the person he is today.

And I KNEW that Perry gained all that information on the ice truck killer by hacking into the police station's computers. I immediately suspected it last week when they gave a lowdown of his profile and mentioned his computer thing. And it was only confirmed when he told LaGuerta about the circumstances of her promotion. But still, the scene with LaGuerta turning the books on him with the decapitated head was great.

And yeeeah, we all knew that the doctor would be the ice truck killer, but the ending to the episode was perfect. The ad response was just awesome.

PS I miss the salsa music they used to heavily use on this show :grumpy:

Jeez, this ended up being a longer post than I was anticipating.

Quit making fun of my writing skillz.

I bet they won't show the traumatic event thing until the end of the season :grumpy:

Queen Bee said:
:blahblah: but the scenes with Dexter were really intriguing to me; everything that joyfulgirl said, basically :up:

Whaaaat? But that was the beauty of it. He does have emotions. He doesn't recognize the feeling because he's been repressing emotions all of his life. I just don't buy that he's 100% emotionless.

yhst-37025177803217_1920_514520

:lol:

joyfulgirl said:
Very disturbing episode last night. Was it over the top?

imo, yes

i quit after the pilot

maybe I am getting over sensitive

but , I no longer have any interest in gore

deep said:

imo, yes

i quit after the pilot

maybe I am getting over sensitive

but , I no longer have any interest in gore

Every episode has not being gorey which is why I've stayed with it. Recent episodes have been more psychological, with the violence more suggested than shown. I'm about to lose Showtime, though, so I guess I'll have to wait for netflix to see how this all ends up.

joyfulgirl said:

Every episode has not being gorey which is why I've stayed with it. Recent episodes have been more psychological, with the violence more suggested than shown. I'm about to lose Showtime, though, so I guess I'll have to wait for netflix to see how this all ends up.

" Recent episodes have been more psychological, with the violence more suggested than shown. "

I may give it another chance

I really like the wire on HBO

i have "on demand"

Queen Bee said:

Jeez, this ended up being a longer post than I was anticipating.

no kidding, you were starting to sound as rambling as me in the house thread.

Back
Top Bottom