Another recommend me music thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
My hard drive crash has resulted in the loss of over 3,000 mp3s. A lot of those were things I own on CD, but the majority were of bands that haven't released full albums yet, unbuyable things (live songs, covers, etc.), b-sides, or bands I'd heard of but never listened to. I can't remember anything I had since when I see a band mentioned, I add them to my Soulseek wishlist thingy immediately so I won't forget.

So, please, recommend me things I haven't heard. I'm open to most things....exceptions are metal, r&(n'?)b, and pop country.

meggie that really sucks for you. i'm sorry. :(

my music isn't as cool as yours but feel free to go nuts on soulseek if you want. :|

and re: your other thread - what kind of bookmarks are you looking for?

Thanks. :) What's your soulseek name again?

ANY bookmarks, seriously. I bookmark everything....news sites, stupid sites, sites with dumb time-wastiing games, reference sites, etc.

I'm on your soulseek, right? I have a lot of random stuff on mine if you can access my list. Probably a lot of similar stuff since I'd usually download things we'd mention in "have you ever heard soandso" conversations. :) Oh, also catch me on aim sometime and i'll just send you the random songs from those bands that i dont' really know, but just have a couple downloaded things...

Last edited:
I did just think of some that you might have only mp3s of, not cds...not sure, but maybe (just from looking at mine). I know you've probably heard all these, but in case you forgot what you had:

Iron and wine
Hem
Eileen rose
Pilate
Franz Ferdinand
Melaton
keane
greentrials
the wrens
decemberists
stars
one mile north
cornerstones
the unicorns
the shore
over the rhine
alpine stars
a northern chorus
clearlake

I have a lot of the buffseeds, arab strap, and camera obscura on my computer - I know you like those, so I can send some stuff if you want.

sorry to hear about that, meggie.

i'd reccomend you stuff but i'm afriad you may not like too much of it....

i wear my favorite bands' names all over my posts like a giant advertisement anyway so yeah....me replying is pretty much useless and redundant, even if you did want to be bombarded with 30 dropkick murphys song reccomendations :shifty:

buy lightbulb sun by porcupine tree ( its difficult to find the album even in UK althought this is a british pop/prog rock band). steve wilson is an absolute GENIUS !!!

its pretty much in the same vein as coldplay, doves, radiohead and many of such brit bands..but i guess PORCUPINE TREE is a must..

if u like this tell me..tell me..i will recommend some more albums but if u don like this, you wont like those all too.

Last edited:
I'm reviving this thread because my hard drive actually died this week now....I hardly remember what music I even had on there, but I know it was a ton...I can remember the obvious stuff, but there was just so much...
I haven't installed the new one yet (on a roommate's computer) but I thought I'd get a head start on ideas.
Also, the bookmark thing...yeah, I had pages of favorites....any suggestions?

Possibly the greatest record ever recorded:

Jellyfish-Spilt Milk

It's a vocal, songwriting, performance, and production masterpiece. The Beatles, Queen, Badfinger, and Nilsson put in a blender and poured out into a unique mold. Every friend I have now owns this album and regards it very highly. You can usually find it cheap.

Back
Top Bottom