Another Reason to Dislike Oprah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beli said:
Why would they have let here in? The shop was closed. Simple.

There may have been racism involved as we, who knows.

I do find the melodramatics a little over the top though. If Oprah believes this is a huge tragedy then she really needs to get out more.

No kidding. The store was closed! I wonder what part of closed she didn't understand?

And don't most shops allow people in the store before closing time stay and finish shopping, but not allow other people to come in after closing time?

(and I certain I wouldn't recognise Oprah at all -- ready to do her show or not. :ohmy: )

Last edited:
indra said:

No kidding. The store was closed! I wonder what part of closed she didn't understand?

And don't most shops allow people in the store before closing time stay and finish shopping, but not allow other people to come in after closing time?

Yeah and this *was* France where, I understand, the shop owners do not cater to anyone, rich or poor!

AvsGirl41 said:

Yeah and this *was* France where, I understand, the shop owners do not cater to anyone, rich or poor!

You know, I was thinking something similar. The people at Hermes may have been rude to her (like they are to everyone) and she then took it to be something personal.

Bienvenue en France. Salespeople are rude in France, it would be discriminatory if they were not. :lol:

Now she's saying they're racist...and that they'd have let Barbra Streisand and other rich and famous white women in...what crap!:mad: :mad: :mad:

When a store is closed, it's closed, even if you are the almighty Oprah. If she's worried about racism, send her boytoy Dr. Phil in there, he'd
straighten" them out:wink:

lbo050713.gif

The Boondocks is pretty good comic strip. Our newspaper carried it for a while, but it was hated by most readers so it was dropped. Way to go Cincinnati. :|

she talked about it yesterday

NY Post

OPRAH: HERMES EMBARRASSED ME

By DON KAPLAN

OPRAH Winfrey calmly socked it to Hermes yesterday, recalling her humiliation when she was barred from entering the fashion house's Paris store earlier this summer.

"My friends and I were standing inside the doorway, and there was much discussion amongst the staff as to whether or not to let me in — that was what was embarrassing," Winfrey told viewers on the debut episode of her show's 20th season.

"They took my name, they had a discussion about it, then they came back and say, 'no.' "

Winfrey described the situation as Robert Chavez, the president of Hermes' U.S. division, sat next to her and apologized.

Chavez, who apologized to Oprah earlier this summer when she called him to complain, blamed the incident on one of the store's more "rigid" staffers and said the store had been in the process of closing to host an event when Winfrey arrived.

At the time, The Post's Page Six reported that Winfrey had been turned away from the store supposedly because it had been "having a problem with North Africans."

While addressing viewers yesterday, Winfrey alluded to the possibility that she may have been turned away because she is black and then chided Chavez when he said the woman who turned her away did it because, "Honest to god, she didn't know who you were."

"This wasn't even about, 'Do you know who I am,' " Oprah said. "I wasn't trying to play that celebrity card."

"This wasn't even about, 'Do you know who I am,' " Oprah said. "I wasn't trying to play that celebrity card."

Right.

Because normal people try to go shopping after hours and then get pissed when they aren't allowed.

:|

Back
Top Bottom