Another one bites the dust

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
This is disappointing. I really thought these two would make it.

From eonline.com

DIVORCED...WITHOUT CHILDREN: Christina Applegate's husband, Jonathon Schaech filing for divorce from the actress Monday, citing irreconcilable differences. The couple married in 2001.

Christina Applegate Going Solo

by Sarah Hall
Dec 6, 2005, 9:05 AM PT

Looks like Christina Applegate will soon be divorced...without children.

The actress' husband, Johnathon Schaech, got the ball rolling by filing for divorce Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court, citing irreconcilable differences, TMZ.com reported.

Schaech, who appeared alongside Tom Hanks in 1996's That Thing You Do!, traded vows with the erstwhile Married...with Children star during a small ceremony in Palm Springs on Oct. 20, 2001.

The couple dated for four years before taking the matrimonial plunge.

"We're best friends," Applegate once said of her beau in happier days. "And that spark is always there. I can't wait to see him, even though I saw him a few hours ago."

Since shedding her ditzy alter ego Kelly Bundy, whom she portrayed from 1987 to 1997, Applegate has gone on to forge a successful career both on the big screen, and more recently, the stage.

After her post-Married television series, Jesse, was canceled in 2000, she proved her comic mettle with starring roles in films including The Sweetest Thing, opposite Cameron Diaz and Selma Blair, and Anchorman, with Will Ferrell.

She also earned the Emmy for Best Guest Actress in a Comedy in 2003 for her turn as Jennifer Aniston's wacky sister on Friends in the episode "The One Where Rachel's Sister Babysits."

Over the past several months, Applegate has shown she's good for more than just a laugh with her leading role in the Broadway musical Sweet Charity, which required her to sing and dance, and even garnered her a Tony nomination for Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical.

As Applegate's Broadway run winds down, Britney Spears was rumored to be in consideration to take her place as Charity Hope Valentine, a dance hall hostess on a seemingly hopeless quest for love and self-improvement. However, the pop queen and new mom has since reportedly passed on the offer.

Meanwhile, Schaech, who starred alongside Applegate in the television adaptation of Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas in March, is next slated to appear in the action film Road House 2: Last Call. The project is currently in preproduction, per IMDb.com, and is expected to be released sometime next year.

In preparation for his upcoming courtroom drama, Schaech has reportedly hired high-powered divorce attorney Laura Wasser to represent him, according to TMZ.com.

It also ooks like Britney and Kevin are on the way to splitsville!

[q]Federline's car towed from Spears' home
Ballet Florida
World Entertainment News Network

December 6 2005

Reports Britney Spears and Kevin Federline's marriage is in trouble were fired up over the weekend, when the dancer's Ferrari was towed away from the couple's Malibu, California, home.

Publicists for the couple refused to comment about the incident, which took place while the couple were in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The sports car was allegedly sent back to the dealership where Federline had bought it.

New mother Spears wasn't spotted out and about in Sin City but her husband was caught partying with friends on Friday and Saturday night.

Spears has reportedly called on the advice of a counselor in a bid to save her marriage.

Copyright © 2005, South Florida Sun-Sentinel [/q]

Have any of the recent celebrity to celebrity marriages over the past few years lasted? anyone?:ohmy:

Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward

I read this am that Eddie Van Halen and Valerie are getting divorced, they've been separated for years. At least they were married for far longer than a few months.

Ben Stiller has been with his wife for about five years now. Her name escapes me but they got married after he made that movie Zoolander.:laugh: ZOOLANDER

Nicole Richie and her fiance, Adam Goldstein, have called off their nine-month engagement.

Richie's publicist, Cindy Guagenti, confirmed to The Associated Press on Wednesday that the couple have split. She said the breakup had been in the works for several days, but would not give any further details.

The split was first reported by "Access Hollywood" and Us Weekly magazine.

Richie, co-star of the reality series "The Simple Life," and Goldstein, a professional club DJ who goes by the name DJ AM, had dated for a year before becoming engaged last February.

Carek1230 said:
OMG what is with all these couples? Doesn't ANYONE stay together anymore? When the going gets tough they separate? Sheesh!

They're listing celebrity couples who (so far) have lasted.

... or was that comment a reaction to the rash of celeb couples who've split in the last few days?

Last edited:
Carmelu2fan said:
Ben Stiller has been with his wife for about five years now. Her name escapes me but they got married after he made that movie Zoolander.:laugh: ZOOLANDER

I think it's Christine Taylor.

And supposedly Christina Applegate cheated on her husband. She was caught smooching another guy in a club.

Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott have gotten engaged, the couple confirmed exclusively to PEOPLE.

"We're so incredibly happy and in love. We cannot wait to start our lives together," they said in a joint statement to PEOPLE.

McDermott proposed to the former Beverly Hills 90210 star at a Christmas tree farm on Christmas Eve in Toronto, Canada. Dean's sister put out lights for half a mile leading to a table for two surrounded by decorated Christmas trees. McDermott and Spelling rode up in a horse-drawn carriage, then he presented his fiancée with a diamond and sapphire ring.

"It was so magical. All the stars aligned. I have never been happier in my life," McDermott told PEOPLE.

Spelling, 32, and McDermott, 39, met earlier this year in Canada while working together on the TV movie Mind Over Murder.

In September, Spelling announced she was splitting from her husband, actor-writer Charlie Shanian, after a year of marriage. The couple wed on July 3, 2004, in an extravagant wedding hosted by Tori's father, television mogul Aaron Spelling, at his 56,000-sq.-ft. Los Angeles mansion,

McDermott filed for divorce on Sept. 9 from his wife of 12 years.

"It just happened," a Spelling friend told PEOPLE about their romance. "No one meant any harm to anyone. You can't help who you fall in love with and who you're right with."

Los Angeles, CA (AHN) - Funny man Mike Myers and his wife, Robin Ruzan, announced on Friday that they are ending their 12-year marriage.

Publicist Ina Treciokas says, ''They remain committed and caring friends.”

Myers met Ruzan while she was an aspiring actress in Chicago. The two were instrumental in creating some of comedy’s most laughable sketches and movies.

Myers has said the character of Austin Powers, a British spy with an insatiable libido, originated while he was in the bathtub and trying to make Ruzan laugh.

Myers says, "I was yelling out the lines to my wife, 'Do I make you horny?' and 'Yeah, baby!' and 'Oh, behave!' "

Ruzan reportedly thought the bit was really funny and an icon was born. Myers played the Powers character in three hit movies.

Myers even turned an imitation of Ruzan's mother, Linda Richman, into a widely popular "Saturday Night Live" character of the same name. The sketch featured an extravagantly Jewish hostess of a fictional talk show titled "Coffee Talk" and made viewers laugh with her Barbara Streisand obsession and her frequent use of Yiddishisms like "verklempt."
The couple has no children.

Back
Top Bottom