Another one bites the dust - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2005, 08:16 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:12 AM
Nicole Richie and her fiance, Adam Goldstein, have called off their nine-month engagement.

Richie's publicist, Cindy Guagenti, confirmed to The Associated Press on Wednesday that the couple have split. She said the breakup had been in the works for several days, but would not give any further details.

The split was first reported by "Access Hollywood" and Us Weekly magazine.

Richie, co-star of the reality series "The Simple Life," and Goldstein, a professional club DJ who goes by the name DJ AM, had dated for a year before becoming engaged last February.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:14 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230
OMG what is with all these couples? Doesn't ANYONE stay together anymore? When the going gets tough they separate? Sheesh!
They're listing celebrity couples who (so far) have lasted.

... or was that comment a reaction to the rash of celeb couples who've split in the last few days?

Old 12-08-2005, 02:55 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carmelu2fan
Ben Stiller has been with his wife for about five years now. Her name escapes me but they got married after he made that movie Zoolander. ZOOLANDER
I think it's Christine Taylor.

And supposedly Christina Applegate cheated on her husband. She was caught smooching another guy in a club.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:24 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott have gotten engaged, the couple confirmed exclusively to PEOPLE.

"We're so incredibly happy and in love. We cannot wait to start our lives together," they said in a joint statement to PEOPLE.

McDermott proposed to the former Beverly Hills 90210 star at a Christmas tree farm on Christmas Eve in Toronto, Canada. Dean's sister put out lights for half a mile leading to a table for two surrounded by decorated Christmas trees. McDermott and Spelling rode up in a horse-drawn carriage, then he presented his fiancée with a diamond and sapphire ring.

"It was so magical. All the stars aligned. I have never been happier in my life," McDermott told PEOPLE.

Spelling, 32, and McDermott, 39, met earlier this year in Canada while working together on the TV movie Mind Over Murder.

In September, Spelling announced she was splitting from her husband, actor-writer Charlie Shanian, after a year of marriage. The couple wed on July 3, 2004, in an extravagant wedding hosted by Tori's father, television mogul Aaron Spelling, at his 56,000-sq.-ft. Los Angeles mansion,

McDermott filed for divorce on Sept. 9 from his wife of 12 years.

"It just happened," a Spelling friend told PEOPLE about their romance. "No one meant any harm to anyone. You can't help who you fall in love with and who you're right with."
Old 12-27-2005, 08:44 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Los Angeles, CA (AHN) - Funny man Mike Myers and his wife, Robin Ruzan, announced on Friday that they are ending their 12-year marriage.

Publicist Ina Treciokas says, ''They remain committed and caring friends.”

Myers met Ruzan while she was an aspiring actress in Chicago. The two were instrumental in creating some of comedy’s most laughable sketches and movies.

Myers has said the character of Austin Powers, a British spy with an insatiable libido, originated while he was in the bathtub and trying to make Ruzan laugh.

Myers says, "I was yelling out the lines to my wife, 'Do I make you horny?' and 'Yeah, baby!' and 'Oh, behave!' "

Ruzan reportedly thought the bit was really funny and an icon was born. Myers played the Powers character in three hit movies.

Myers even turned an imitation of Ruzan's mother, Linda Richman, into a widely popular "Saturday Night Live" character of the same name. The sketch featured an extravagantly Jewish hostess of a fictional talk show titled "Coffee Talk" and made viewers laugh with her Barbara Streisand obsession and her frequent use of Yiddishisms like "verklempt."
The couple has no children.