Another NFL Thread - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2007, 02:39 PM   #121
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

And, agreed, stop with the whining Baltimore, good lord...if I lived there, I'd move too. Though, I do enjoy the Wire, which takes place in Baltimore.
I must say of all my Elevation tour GA lines, Baltimore was the filthiest and least enjoyable of all cities I'd sat in. Nevertheless I don't hate it, my parents met there, if not for it, I'd not be here. I started rooting for the Colts when they were still there.

My niece has been on the Wire a few times, playing bar patrons, once or twice she was a lesbian.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #122
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Reid's playcalling is always 50/50, McNabb seeks glory and always audibles to high risk passes in obvious running downs just to try and make the one big play like he had against Dallas a few years back on MNF to see himself on Sportscenter the next day and hope for a shot at an Espy, and an increase in salary from Campbell's for Chunky Sirloin Burger ads.

Garcia on the other hand tries to execute the game plan at hand and wants to win.
Now that post really is inaccurate:

1) Reid's playcalling had consistently been 70-30 in favor of passing.

2) As a big Eagles fan, I can tell you that McNabb never audibiled much until this season. The few times he did generally resulted in audibles out of pass plays to run plays (though the run plays usually lost yards when he audibled into them).

McNabb is not in anyway the right QB for Philadelphia, but not because of selfishness or audibiling, because he isn't selfish and rarely audibles. It's because he's a big, strong arm with shaky accuracy in a system called the West Coast Offense. Garcia is a WCO QB in every way.

The biggest change wasn't at QB, it was the playcalling. It completely turned around once Morninwheg took over. Again, as an experienced viewer of the Andy Reid Era, I can tell you this for certain.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #123
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Headache, did you remember all of that off the top of your head?

BTW, rooting for the Pats and the.... Colts! I hate Coach Billick.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:09 PM   #124
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

It may have been because of Baltimore's whining that the league did what they did with the Browns. But that special exception really wasn't fair to Houston. The Oilers are essentially a dead team, though reincarnated as the Titans. But the Ravens are still technically the Browns, the ones with the history. The new Browns are the new puppy, but not the same dog.
no. legaly speaking, the browns are the browns and the ravens are the ravens. it's happened before in nfl history. heck... if you want to use that logic, the eagles are technicaly the steelers and the steelers are technicaly the eagles.

why are the oilers dead but the ravens are still the browns? because one of them is from one of your 50 favorite teams used to be from? you're not being very consistant here.

baltimore has a team, indianapolis has a team, cleveland has a team. history is in memories, history is in the uniform, history is not in the roster. it's not like bernie kosar went to baltimore, or another legendary browns player. the browns sucked when they left. soooo what's changed? they still suck.

players change, owners change... but the team is still the team. cleveland fought to keep those rights, and they still have them.

all team records for the baltimore ravens began their first season in baltimore. cleveland browns team records, retired uniforms, etc. belong only to the cleveland browns.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #125
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
Headache, did you remember all of that off the top of your head?
i copied from wikipedia
Old 01-12-2007, 04:13 PM   #126
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

all team records for the baltimore ravens began their first season in baltimore. cleveland browns team records, retired uniforms, etc. belong only to the cleveland browns.
I know, but if the Titans are the Oilers then the Ravens are the Browns. And the Colts are originally the defunct Dallas Texans.

I know they made a special case of it for Cleveland, but I am tired of Baltimore fans whining about their lost team and hating the Colts for leaving when technically they took someone else's team too. (not talking about this site but others I go to and the Ravens talk show on my cable)
Old 01-12-2007, 04:20 PM   #127
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Headache, that's cheating! I remembered all of that stuff on my own, man!

I can't wait for this weekend's playoff games! Even though my Giants are out of it, I still watch of course.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #128
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 02:27 AM
Meanwhile, the Bucs have always been the Bucs - but I'd willingly trade them to another city.

Busted Unfortunately Chris's Spleen
Old 01-12-2007, 08:34 PM   #129
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:27 AM
Big Grin Go Eskimos!

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

-Dallas Texans: operated out of Hershey, PA for the last five games of the 1952 season, playing their last three games in Akron, OH. Franchise folded after season's end and players awarded to new Baltimore Colts franchise in 1953
Wikipedia

The Colts first exsisted as the Miami Seahawks, and moved to Baltimore and changed their name to the Colts. Some time in the 50s, they were dissolved by the league. The league (see how the NFL is always behind these moves) moved the Dallas franchise to baltimore (probably in the middle of the night with a Mayflower moving van).

Other great NHL moves: Kansas City Scouts move to Denver and become the Colorado Rockies. The Rockies move to NJ and become the Devils.

The Gund Brothers spilt up their Cleveland Barons and merge them into the Minnesota North Stars. A few years later, the North stars spin off the San Jose Sharks (I believe).
Old 01-12-2007, 09:01 PM   #130
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

lets go whalers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh wait
Old 01-12-2007, 11:57 PM   #131
Blue Crack Addict

Baltimore 36 - Indianapolis 14
My entire justification for this score is based on Baltimore's offense and Peyton Manning at quarterback in a playoff game. Indy doesn't stand a chance, unless somehow it turns into a field goal battle.

Philadelphia 24 - New Orleans 23
This will be another nailbiter for Eagles fans, but I think Philly can pull out another one. The only question is if the defense plays like it did against Romo's Cowboys on Christmas or against Eli's Giants last week.

Chicago 17 - Seattle 14
I can't believe Chicago will actually lose this game at home, but I think it will be the result of an abysmally bad game for both teams. I'm going to avoid watching this one, I think.

San Diego 31 - New England 28
This will probably be the game of the playoffs. I know taking Schottenheimer over Brady/Belichick is against all rational judgment when picking playoff winners, but the difference lies in two letters - LT. New England won't be able to stop Ladainain Tomlinson and Dillon/Maroney won't be able to keep up in the end.

3-1 to date.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:09 AM   #132
Blue Crack Supplier

The Saints will murder the Eagles. I've been looking at the matchup all week. Rod Hood absolutely sucks. Him against the Saints receivers? Saints score over 30 with ease.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:52 AM   #133
Blue Crack Distributor

baltimore 21 - indianapolis 17
new orleans 31 - philadelphia 21
seattle 17 - chicago 13
new england 34 - go fuck yourselfs san diego 28
Old 01-13-2007, 10:50 AM   #134
Refugee

Local Time: 11:27 PM
Baltimore 23 Indy 17

Manning on the road in a playoff game against a dominating defense. Nuff said

Saints 30 Philly 20

Too much offense, Sheppard is out. One Cinderella story comes to an end, the other continues. Eagles to join the Giants on the Golf course. Assuming Coughlin lets them out to play during the off-season. Bwahahaha!!!!!!

Chicago 9 Seattle 10

Only because the 4 home teams rarely win, and Grossman is so up and down. Seahawks secondary is decimated; the resistible morce meets the movable object

San Diego 34 New England 16

Marty wins playoff games about 1/3 of the time, this will be one, before crashing next week. Assuming LT and Rivers are both healthy (they were both hurt last game of the year) they should take this fairly handily after Rivers has an Eli-esque first half baffled by the New England defense.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:03 AM   #135
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:27 AM
If the Bears lose the game tomorrow (and I don't believe they will) it won't be because of Rex Grossman. I'm much more concerned about the defense.

Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson will be key. The Bears need to stick to their run game. I have confidence that they will.