Another NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WildHoneyAlways said:
We've already reserved our table for next week at the bar we were at today. :drool:

I just don't think the Bears defense can get it together in time. :(

Can I come? :wink:

I honestly was pretty impressed with their D considering how long they were on the field in that second half. Yes, they did look like they were just hanging on in the second half. But they DID hang on. That's what was important to me. How many times did they stuff them on 3rd and short? That was important! Then the 4th down stop?

I am worried a little about the holes in the middle and Charles Tillman. We did not stop Alexander up the Middle often. (those 3rd and 4th down plays went off tackle more wouldn't you say?) Regardless, Deuce will be no easier to stop than Alexander. Now, Tillman.

Is it me? Or did he look like he was so worried about what happened last year, that he was a bit over cautious or even soft? Thanks to a few drops by Jackson, I think he maintained some confidence.

Now, Bernard Berrian. Should he have caught that ball he dropped? If he catches it, it was close to a td, if not one. It was behind him yes...but he gets paid lots of money to catch the ball that hits his hands.

Regardless, WE WON! One more game till the Superbowl! I still cannot believe it! I'm so drained from this game. I need a week to recuperate.

U2Girl1978 said:
Saints vs. Bears
Pats vs. Colts

:hyper:
Party at my house next week! I get to cheer for the old home team and the new home team at the same time!

I'm done hijacking the thread now. Sorry!

marty schottenheimer is such a toolbag.

how do you challange that play? it was soooooo clear that it was an INT and then a fumble and that the player wasn't down by contact. he doesn't challange that play, san diego has a time out left and can approach the last drive differently.

what a schmuck.

so here we are again... pats/colts. and once again pey pey has a trip to the super bowl served up for him on a silver platter. the excuses were always that the game was at foxboro and never in indy. well here ya go... the colts have the better team, and it's at home. win or shut up forever.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

so here we are again... pats/colts. and once again pey pey has a trip to the super bowl served up for him on a silver platter. the excuses were always that the game was at foxboro and never in indy. well here ya go... the colts have the better team, and it's at home. win or shut up forever.

Yep, even I agree. Everything has worked out to the Colts' advantage- not saying they will have an easy time with the Pats, but they have done well against them the last two meetings and they could NOT have stopped LT, and Peyton would have been destroyed by SD's defense- and now they are hosting the Championship! They are hot, they are fired up and on a roll. If they don't do it now, they'll have no one to blame but themselves.

I sure hope they do it this time. :faint: Oh my heart!

THANK YOU to Tom Brady :bow: for your magnificient work at the end of the game! I thought he was so rattled and dominated he'd never pull it out, but he did. And Pats fans, I enjoyed watching him as a fan since this is the first time I ever watched him pulling for him and not hating him! It was fun!

U2Kitten said:

THANK YOU to Tom Brady :bow: for your magnificient work at the end of the game! I thought he was so rattled and dominated he'd never pull it out, but he did. And Pats fans, I enjoyed watching him as a fan since this is the first time I ever watched him pulling for him and not hating him! It was fun!

You should thank the guy that fumbled away the intercepted pass.

Chizip said:

You should thank the guy that fumbled away the intercepted pass.

True! And the guy who recovered it. That was the game, right there. If that drive had been stopped, the Pats were dead. Brady did suck for awhile, and he was lucky that happened.

I'm sorry for the Chargers fans, though. I know how bad it feels to be the #1 seed and have someone come in and ruin it for you. Schotty did it again but not alone.

U2Kitten said:

I also can't stand people from Boston who may really like the Pats, but don't have the balls to come in here and talk about them all season, or put themselves on the line for bets like the rest of us, then when they win, they come in here and go 'whooo yeah Pats we rule' :rolleyes:

I find this statement ironic since you haven't been around here until the postseason.

And obviously, quite a few of us Patriots fans are always here, as you are well aware.

U2Kitten said:

True! And the guy who recovered it. That was the game, right there. If that drive had been stopped, the Pats were dead. Brady did suck for awhile, and he was lucky that happened.

Troy Brown stripped the ball and Reche Caldwell recovered it. That was the play of the game right there, so they are the real heroes.

phanan said:

I find this statement ironic since you haven't been around here until the postseason.

And obviously, quite a few of us Patriots fans are always here, as you are well aware.

I know, and yes, I have been around! I was around the last couple years too. Even as Peyton Manning! When I wasn't around, it wasn't because I wasn't a good fan, it was because I was avoiding the whole site all together because of bullshit that was going on. I was hiding, but not specifically from football. Then I figured, what the hell. :shrug:

A couple of points on the Patriots-Chargers game...

I know he still had a great game, but Tomlinson was dominating, and I honestly don't think they used him enough. The Pats just couldn't contain him. If I was the Chargers, I would've rammed the ball right down their throats. Let Tomlinson run 35 times - he is the most explosive player on the field.

Philip Rivers is a damn good quarterback. He showed good pocket presence and wasn't rattled at all. He got caught on a couple of blitzes, but that's it. It's still early, but he definitely has the upper hand over Eli Manning in that trade so far.

As Headache already alluded to, that was such a dumb challenge. They took him away from playcalling on offense, they don't have him as involved with the defense, but apparently they should have taken away the red flags as well, because Marty still found a way to make a crucial mistake. Would it have mattered? Who knows, but having that one timeout at the end would have made a HUGE difference.

Gostkowski ain't too bad a kicker...

phanan said:

Gostkowski ain't too bad a kicker...

Rather fitting that the new kicker won it.

I'm soooo pumped that the Pats won the game. This game comes close to the feeling of the Super Bowl wins. To be honest though, they had no business winning that game. Brady was crap for all of the first half - save for the drive right before halftime - and for most of the 2nd half as well and the running game was nonexistant, but it's not like they tried running much either.

It was well worth missing the first 20 minutes of 24. :drool: :drool:

Is it next sunday yet?

Crap, I think I just forgot whose country this is. If only there was a commercial that could remind me of this important fact...

randhail said:

Is it next sunday yet?

:hyper:

I am not working that night, even if I get fired. I'm going to be watching that game, live on TV.

My moneybags yuppie brother is going to the game -->me:grumpy: He's going to get tickets any way he can, even from scalpers.

Last edited:
phillyfan26 said:
Crap, I think I just forgot whose country this is. If only there was a commercial that could remind me of this important fact...

THIS IS OURRRRRRRRRR COUNTRYYYYYYYYYY.

The Hewson weekend warap up:

As I have been saying, the Ravens were a fraud 13-3 squad. Kudos to the Colts' D for playing a great game, but McNair was horrendous and nobody should have expected a team who went 13-3 by playing Cleveland 16 times to ba any good.
Bob Sanders is a difference maker for the Colts at safety, he worries me more than Dwight Freeney and Pey-Pey combined next week.

The feel good Saints move on, Iggles gave then a game, and the coaching staff of Reid et al may bear the brunt of this loss. Of course if Chunky Soup is at the helm, the Saints win 55-3.

Sexy Rexy made some big plays, looked like Bad Wrecks might prevail when he let Peterson swipe the ball away in the 2nd quarter, but give him credit, and give Seattle credit for a great battle. Thankfully by losing and not reaching the Superbowl the Seabags will now draft in the slot befitting their 9-7 record, either 22 or 23 I think, and yes that pick belongs to the Pats.

And of course, "go f*ck yousrelves San Diego". Have we learned nothing from history? The team and the city already planned the Superbowl parade! Are you shitting me? They actually had said it makes sense for the team to fly home after the game and have the parade on Monday the 5th in the afternoon. Before stepping on the field. That disresepects not just the Pats, but the Colts, Bears and Saints as well. Smart move. And LT...shut the f*ck up. You're upset cause the Pats celebrated on your field after the game was over and imitated the Merriman dance...you lost, the winner celebrates on the field. And Mr. Merriman ran his trap for 2 weeks straight and then got swallowed up by Matt Light and was a non-factor, the roids must have worn off finally. Again Marty can be blamed for screwing up enough of the game to cost his team at least a shot, especially the foolish challenge as Headache pointed out. How sad will it be that Coughlin gets an extension at 8-8 and Marty gets fired at 14-2? Expect it.
Brady played his worst playoff game to date( he was horrendous for the first 28 minutes), but was huge when it was needed most, at the end of the half and the end of the game...how about that throw to Caldwell to set up the winning FG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom