Another NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Ya know, I FEEL like a Yankee fan when it comes to Pats/Colts. I'd really hate to lose to Indy, it would be like losing to the little brother you beat all the time.

If it doesn't work out this year I think, for the first time, Belichick/Pioli have to take a bit of heat. It's one thing to let guys walk if you can truly replace them, but letting all 3 of Vinateiri, Givens, and Branch walk over money when you're way under the cap is really short-changing your team & fans. It's very "New Jersey Devils", and I hate the Devils.

randhail said:
punting on 4th down with under 2 minutes to go, with 2 timeouts is always a good call. :wink:

Yes, especially when you know they're going to run, and you haven't stopped the run all night.

Oh well, I guess now we'll have to play the Saints instead of the Eagles. No big deal to me who we have to beat to get to the Superbowl. :D

randhail said:
punting on 4th down with under 2 minutes to go, with 2 timeouts is always a good call. :wink:

:banghead:

:banghead:

That plus throwing a screen pass on 3rd and 1 on the 4 yard line. Had we scored a touchdown there we're up 1 down the stretch, entirely different ballgame.

Seriously, that whole coaching staff should lose their jobs.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
if the pats and colts met yet again, indy is clearly the better team, yet i'd still fully expect indy to choke... but you certainly are sounding very much like a yankee fan pre 2004 when you speak of how indy will never beat new england. it's true until it happens.

Shocking...but true!

The pats fans here sound SO much like Yankee fans. It is sick.

"Could Peyton suck three weeks in a row?" should be the true question. I cannot imagine this so-called "over-rated" sucking three weeks straight.

CTU2fan said:
^ Ya know, I FEEL like a Yankee fan when it comes to Pats/Colts. I'd really hate to lose to Indy, it would be like losing to the little brother you beat all the time.

I feel the opposite. The Yankees have on numerous occasions in playing the Sox been considered the superior team, so they were expected to win.

The Patriots, on the other hand, have never been expected to beat the Colts in the times they've played them. The Colts were most people's picks then. So I don't see them as the Yankees at all.

And you know this time, if the Pats win today, that because the game is in Indy, most people will probably still pick the Colts to win, despite recent history.

And you know what? That's fine with me. I've said all along that I actually want the Pats to go to Indy, just to further prove that it doesn't matter where the game is played. I wanted it last year, but it didn't work out. Hopefully it will now.

phanan said:

We'll see what happens today first, obviously, but you really don't want to see Brady in a dome.

Seriously, you really don't...

Like not wanting to see Mariano Rivera in the ninth inning, right? :wink:

Like not wanting to see Larry Johnson against the Colts defense that gave up almost 200 rushing yards to Maurice Drew?

And the true question...why did Brady have trouble at home against the Colts? Can he not handle the outdoors in early November in New England?

phanan said:

Perhaps some do, but not all of us.

Yeah I don't know a lot of arrogant, cocky Pats fans...I suppose maybe a few n00bs who hopped on the bandwagon in '02. Any Pats fan who lived through some of the lean years (and were they ever lean) should know better.

^ I love the irony

phanan said:
I'm strictly going by Brady's record in domes and how well he's performed in those games. It has nothing to do with how other teams did.

Brady is an outstanding quarterback. He has done an amazing job in Belichick's program with a GOOD offensive line and multiple options...BUT, a few degrees farenheit, no precipitation and a lack of wind should not change anything. If anything, saying someone is a good dome QB is an insult - something Brady does not deserve! :wink:

Speaking of domes, when controlling the atmosphere inside a dome, don't they usually try to make it like 67 and "sunny"? Like San Diego? :)

CTU2fan said:

Yeah I don't know a lot of arrogant, cocky Pats fans...I suppose maybe a few n00bs who hopped on the bandwagon in '02.

That is why I get annoyed by some of the Pats fans here.(and mostly elsewhere) I don't like bandwagoners who only jumped on when they were winning. Where were they during the hard times when the Colts and Pats used to perinnially battle for the first round draft pick?

I also can't stand people from Boston who may really like the Pats, but don't have the balls to come in here and talk about them all season, or put themselves on the line for bets like the rest of us, then when they win, they come in here and go 'whooo yeah Pats we rule' :rolleyes:

Any Pats fan who lived through some of the lean years (and were they ever lean) should know better.

:up:

And if they did suffer through the hard times, they woudn't- or at least shouldn't- go around acting llike an arrogant ass and making other people feel bad, they should know how it is.

As a longtime Colts fan, I would like to think if we did finally win, we deserve it for all our years of suffering, and should be able to enjoy it.

But not gloat and razz someone else's team. That is not cool :down:

Last edited:
The Bears/Seahawks game just went to OT, anyone who's not watching it, go turn it on.

YES!!!!

All I can say is I don't care what people have said about Grossman. If you watched this game, you saw this kid learn some things in just 2 halves. That second half was played perfect by Grossman. He did exactly what was needed. No major mistakes,(the interception was not his fault) just keep the ball, make some plays, if it wasn't there, don't force it. That pass to Davis was HUGE!

New Orleans, come on over to OUR house baby!!!

Dude, there were some serious problems with the Bear play calling and defense today.

Rex played okay. :up: The Defense almost lost that game. They need to strap on an extra sack for the NFC Championship game.

Yeah it looked like they were just trying to hang on in the middle of the 4th quarter...

Urlacher did like nothing in the 2nd half until the end of the 4th....

The flag that they put on Hester's running was total bull...he hit him from the side...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom