Another NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Philk? said:

Well, it's because he went to a good school. Yeah, go check it. I'm sure Tom Brady thought the same thing. In his head were the words, "At least I made a UofM player look good..."

Unfortunately, that didn't work out so well for Charles Woodson in 2002.

I wonder if the Pats let them score that TD at the end, ala the Denver/Green Bay Super Bowl, so that they'd have more time left.

My favorite part is watching the "Manning will never get to the big game" guys pull a 180 and say "they always thought he would do it"

it'll be priceless.

I hope A-Rod watched this game. There's hope for you A-rod, you choke-pig.

Ah, Yankee fans, we're the best. :)

I'm really and truly happy for Manning and Dungy and Harrison.....really looking forward to the SB.

No matter HOW it finished...I would have said that this is by far one of the most amazing NFL games I have ever had the opportunity to watch.

This Pats fan will say it...Good for the Colts. The made some major improvements in the second half and beat the Pats. What a game-could not ask for more of a nail biter!!

That being said Go Bears!!

randhail said:
I wonder if the Pats let them score that TD at the end, ala the Denver/Green Bay Super Bowl, so that they'd have more time left.

That's what I thought as well, but on the replay it looked like the Pats defenders were trying to get off their blocks and Indy just opened up a massive hole.

It would not have been a good play to just let them score the TD, not when they have a decent chance at forcing a FG attempt and OT. In the Denver-GB game, they were tied and Denver could have bled the clock down to 0:01 then kicked the gimme FG if they wanted.

Last edited:
I was pissed at halftime and Schmeg (a Pats fan wearing her Brady jersey) and I (someone who has personal interest for work in a Colt's trip to Miami) switched over to the Simpsons. We got to watch most of the Simpsons and Family Guy!

2006pictures388.jpg

I'm also wondering why Belichick took a page out of Marty's playbook on the 3rd down right before the last field goal. They get a first down and things look good. The 3 or 4 yards weren't going to make a difference. Then again if the Pats stuck with the game plan they had in the first half they wouldn't have been in that position. Asante Samuel disappeared after his Int/TD, he was probably talking to his agent about how much money he wanted now. That roughing the passer call was also somewhat bogus, but it was probably making up for a one that went uncalled a few plays before. Argh. I'm just bitter.

you can take the girl out of new england...

U2Girl1978 said:
I'm glad that they won. They deserve it. What a game!!
:up:

The whole first half I couldn't believe that they didn't want it bad to fight for it.

Well done, Colts. A nailbiter is always better than a blowout.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to dance or cry, though. :lol: I'm comforting myself with the thought of an incredible Superbowl party.

zoney! said:
I was pissed at halftime and Schmeg (a Pats fan wearing her Brady jersey) and I (someone who has personal interest for work in a Colt's trip to Miami) switched over to the Simpsons. We got to watch most of the Simpsons and Family Guy!

2006pictures388.jpg
I think this picture made me decide to cry...I'm going to get SO much shit at work tomorrow for wearing my Pats windbreaker on Blue Friday! :lol:

That is Schmeg at a Colts game earlier this year

Schmeg said:

I think this picture made me decide to cry...I'm going to get SO much shit at work tomorrow for wearing my Pats windbreaker on Blue Friday! :lol:

CONVERT....CONVERT....I know you can.....

2006pictures286.jpg

Just want to say CONGRATS to U2Kitten and all the other Colts fans on the board!! I am so excited for you all to finally get to the Superbowl!! Now bring it home from Miami!!:rockon:

randhail said:
I'm also wondering why Belichick took a page out of Marty's playbook on the 3rd down right before the last field goal. They get a first down and things look good. The 3 or 4 yards weren't going to make a difference. Then again if the Pats stuck with the game plan they had in the first half they wouldn't have been in that position. Asante Samuel disappeared after his Int/TD, he was probably talking to his agent about how much money he wanted now. That roughing the passer call was also somewhat bogus, but it was probably making up for a one that went uncalled a few plays before. Argh. I'm just bitter.

The pass interference calls (the one on Ellis Hobbs for faceguarding, and the one not called when the Indy DB shoved Reche Caldwell) were atrocious, but the Pats definitely had their chances to win the game in the end. The 12 men in the huddle foul on the Pats' second-to-last drive was a killer.

I thought the run on 3rd down was OK -- it made the FG 43 yards instead of 47 yards. 47 yards is no gimme.

What I really don't understand was why the Pats kept playing such a soft zone defense in the second half, allowing Peyton to just pick them apart.

The AFC Championship ends on a Tom Brady fuckup! Oh, glorious day!! :dance::happy::D

I notice most of our resident Patriots fans are nowhere to be seen...:hmm:

That could not have gone any better :laugh:

DaveC said:
The AFC Championship ends on a Tom Brady fuckup! Oh, glorious day!! :dance::happy::D

I notice most of our resident Patriots fans are nowhere to be seen...:hmm:

That could not have gone any better :laugh:

I already offered my congrats saying it was a great game. What you want my first born too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom