Another NFL Thread - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive

Old 01-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #226
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:21 PM
Guess it must be just my computer then. Or they know I don't really want to change teams. Anyway it's kind of lame anyway. Thanks to y'all for trying it.

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

because they have Peyton Manning and he's going to be late for a commercial taping.
If he loses again this time, I don't think anyone's going to want him to do any more commercials.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:37 PM   #227
War Child

Local Time: 03:21 PM
"A large luxurious mustache surrounding ones mouth is called a mustachio" That was fun although I got the Colts as well

I am sure this is another NFL sceme to get people to root for Indy

Mustachio....HA

Old 01-15-2007, 01:43 PM   #228
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Pff, if you like 6'5", 230 pound qb's, laser, rocket arm.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:02 PM   #229
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

If he loses again this time, I don't think anyone's going to want him to do any more commercials.
He could not possible be in any more...there is no more ad space left in the breaks that he is not in. "DECAF....DECAF..."
Old 01-15-2007, 02:24 PM   #230
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:21 PM
Words cannot express how sad it is to be a Chargers fan today. Once again, the Chargers figured out a way to break my heart. The worst part about it is that we really were the better team, we beat ourselves with so many stupid mistakes. I was surprised that the Patriots did not look as good as expected. But it wasn't Marty's fault - honestly, the players made so many dumb mistakes, it was the players fault.

Oh, and I am sorry to all the Pats fans on this board, but your representatives at the game yesterday were a bunch of classless, foul mouthed pieces of crap. After the second time I went to the ladies room and heard a bunch of Pats women call the Chargers fans a bunch of "cun%$, bitches, etc", for no reason other than the fact we were waiting in line to use the bathroom, I totally lost all respect for the Pats fans. This was after having to sit by a bunch of Pats fans who were insanely drunk and obnoxious, and who were eventually thrown out of the game for staring a fight with a woman (these were men Pats fans who started a fight and tried to hit a woman, I kid you not).

The Pats fans made the Raiders fans look like they had gone to charm school. I have been to hundreds of NFL games and never seen fans like this. Even against the Raiders, whose fans are known to lack class. It was unbelievable.

But, when I saw what the Pats players did after they won the game, I kind of understood it all - the no class thing starts at the top and trickles down, apparently.

Sad, because I am sure the majority of the Pats fans do no behave like this. It sucks when you are a sore loser, but its even worse when you are a sore winner.

Good luck to all the other teams still in it!! I hope we see a Colts-Saints matchup at the end.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:25 PM   #231
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kinsa
Once again, the Chargers figured out a way to break my heart. The worst part about it is that we really were the better team, .
Kordell Stewart is that you?
Old 01-15-2007, 02:31 PM   #232
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

But, when I saw what the Pats players did after they won the game, I kind of understood it all - the no class thing starts at the top and trickles down, apparently.

Being in SD, obviously you are aware of the comments made by your team, most specifically Mr. Merriman over the past 2 weeks, correct.

Now put 2 and 2 together and you'll see why some Pats players did the Merriman Roid dance after beating the Chargers and rendering that juiced up loudmouth ineffective for 60 minutes.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:35 PM   #233
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Being in SD, obviously you are aware of the comments made by your team, most specifically Mr. Merriman over the past 2 weeks, correct.

Now put 2 and 2 together and you'll see why some Pats players did the Merriman Roid dance after beating the Chargers and rendering that juiced up loudmouth ineffective for 60 minutes.
Honestly, if you are defending the Pats and their actions, then you are exactly the kind of Pats fan I am talking about. If you HONESLTY think the Pats looked good yesterday, then good luck to you.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:41 PM   #234
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

So does Merriman have that dance copyrighted or something? Why would anyone be offended over some people making fun of a stupid dance to begin with?
Old 01-15-2007, 02:42 PM   #235
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Favorite line I've heard regarding Peyton:

Vladimir Putin has more Super Bowl rings than Peyton.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:43 PM   #236
Acrobat

Apparently, I'm not the only one who sees that the actions of the Pats were totally classless - even the Boston Herald agrees -

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pat...ticleid=177227
Old 01-15-2007, 02:44 PM   #237
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Honestly, if you are defending the Pats and their actions, then you are exactly the kind of Pats fan I am talking about. If you HONESLTY think the Pats looked good yesterday, then good luck to you.
Great assumption to make from 3,000 miles away over a computer screen.
Whats that say about you?
Old 01-15-2007, 02:45 PM   #238
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

But it's okay when Merriman is a jagoff?
I'm just checking because his behavior has been suspect for quite some time.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:46 PM   #239
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by ljclary

Well you know how many times Brady has lost in a dome before?! Umm...never.

I enjoyed this weekend. With the exception of the Balty/Indy game I thought it was just fun to be a football fan. I think if a team scored nothing but field goals in a playoff game they should be disqualified for next season. That game was lame.
Yeah, forgot to change that, my bad.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:47 PM   #240
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

But it's okay when Merriman is a jagoff?
I'm just checking because his behavior has been suspect for quite some time.
Thats a great point... I guess San Diegans and Charger players don't like the taste of their own medicine (which must be sour graped flavor).

What kind of celebration do we think Merriman would have done had the Chargers won?