Another NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm off to tailgate! I've got all my Bears gear on, I've had my fill of all this "America's Team" bullshit, and I'm hoping the Bears will kick the shit out of the Saints so I'll never have to hear such nonsense again. :mad:

BEAR DOWN

newaerial.jpg
bears.jpg
s-chibearslogo1.jpg

Orange.jpg
capt-1.jpg

Bear down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory;
Bear down, Chicago Bears, put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.
We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T-formation.
Bear down, Chicago Bears, and let them know why you're wearing the crown.
You're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears, bear down!

Being as I live in Tennessee and teach, my students cannot stop talking about Manning.

And the Pats have been there enough lately, no?

So, I gotta go colds.

Now, I was born in Chitown and lived my whole life until my mid-20s in the midwest, but for this one, my heart is with my friends on the Gulf Coast.

NOLA is like a home away from home. I have lots of people there. And frankly, they've been playing some interesting football.

The Saints Are Coming, indeed.

Saints v Colts in 2 weeks.

Just talked to him, there's 3 inches of snow on the ground in Indy and the tailgaters are already out in front of a bonfire, steaks on the grill and more stuff to come. They're talking Colts history, and how through a series of trades over the years, John Elway= Marvin Harrison. It's complicated and I don't remember the whole list right now, but somehow it works out and it's true in the long run!

l2319631.jpg

Arrgh! :faint: The Colts, please!!!

l2319305.jpg

capt.inmc10601181830.afc_championship_football_inmc106.jpg

capt.inmc10701181831.afc_championship_football_inmc107.jpg

capt.inmc10901181925.afc_championship_football_inmc109.jpg

Last edited:
Anu said:
Being as I live in Tennessee and teach, my students cannot stop talking about Manning.

And the Pats have been there enough lately, no?

So, I gotta go colds.

Now, I was born in Chitown and lived my whole life until my mid-20s in the midwest, but for this one, my heart is with my friends on the Gulf Coast.

NOLA is like a home away from home. I have lots of people there. And frankly, they've been playing some interesting football.

The Saints Are Coming, indeed.

Saints v Colts in 2 weeks.

:up: :yes:

So, with a Bloody Mary and a tuna sandwich behind me, I'm packing up the PBR and going to my friend's house for pregame and game.

I probably won't stay for the second game, since I have homework and such.

Just listened to the Saints are Coming again.

just for the U2 factor, and also because that city would really need it (or deserve it), THE SAINTS ARE COMING!!! :rockon:

If the fix was in, and the NFL really wanted the US Saints to win...then that fucking fumble on the kickoff would have been overturned, cos it sure looked to me like he lost the ball after his knee was down.

A bunch....with one more coming.....

Anything can happen, but, the Saints look overmatched right now. If they can hold Chi to one more FG here and go in to 1/2 time down only 12, maybe they still have a chance.

It didn't take long for the Saints to get back into it. A high powered offense can do that...

I originally picked the Saints to win, but I gotta feel for the Bears now, because the majority of people are picking and want the Saints to win.

Just like the majority of people are picking and hoping the Colts win, although as a Patriot fan, I love that. I'd guess that New England is royally pissed that most people don't think they can do it because it is in Indy this time, and when you go to ESPN, CNN, CBS, etc., and see that 80% of the so-called "experts" are picking the Colts...well, if I was a Colts fan, I'd be nervous.

I am rooting for the Colts but will be shocked if they actually win. I should know better than to ever pick against the Pats, yet I did on this site....stupid me.

And, yeah, a high powered offense can close ground quickly...literally and figuratively. :) They just looked so out of synch all 1st half. I'm just glad it's a close game.

Got Philk? said:

I think everyone in America is rooting for the Saints except WHA, tpsreports and myself.

Hey, Phil, to be fair....in 2003, everyone and their Mother was pulling for the Cubs.....so your city has had their "america's team" moment, and recently.

WHA is pulling for the Bears? I couldn't tell? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom