Another NFL Thread - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2007, 10:18 PM   #196
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

I also can't stand people from Boston who may really like the Pats, but don't have the balls to come in here and talk about them all season, or put themselves on the line for bets like the rest of us, then when they win, they come in here and go 'whooo yeah Pats we rule'
I find this statement ironic since you haven't been around here until the postseason.

And obviously, quite a few of us Patriots fans are always here, as you are well aware.

Old 01-14-2007, 10:19 PM   #197
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

True! And the guy who recovered it. That was the game, right there. If that drive had been stopped, the Pats were dead. Brady did suck for awhile, and he was lucky that happened.
Troy Brown stripped the ball and Reche Caldwell recovered it. That was the play of the game right there, so they are the real heroes.

Old 01-14-2007, 10:20 PM   #198
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

I find this statement ironic since you haven't been around here until the postseason.

And obviously, quite a few of us Patriots fans are always here, as you are well aware.
I know, and yes, I have been around! I was around the last couple years too. Even as Peyton Manning! When I wasn't around, it wasn't because I wasn't a good fan, it was because I was avoiding the whole site all together because of bullshit that was going on. I was hiding, but not specifically from football. Then I figured, what the hell.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:27 PM   #199
Blue Crack Addict

A couple of points on the Patriots-Chargers game...

I know he still had a great game, but Tomlinson was dominating, and I honestly don't think they used him enough. The Pats just couldn't contain him. If I was the Chargers, I would've rammed the ball right down their throats. Let Tomlinson run 35 times - he is the most explosive player on the field.

Philip Rivers is a damn good quarterback. He showed good pocket presence and wasn't rattled at all. He got caught on a couple of blitzes, but that's it. It's still early, but he definitely has the upper hand over Eli Manning in that trade so far.

As Headache already alluded to, that was such a dumb challenge. They took him away from playcalling on offense, they don't have him as involved with the defense, but apparently they should have taken away the red flags as well, because Marty still found a way to make a crucial mistake. Would it have mattered? Who knows, but having that one timeout at the end would have made a HUGE difference.

Gostkowski ain't too bad a kicker...
Old 01-14-2007, 10:33 PM   #200
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

Gostkowski ain't too bad a kicker...
Rather fitting that the new kicker won it.

I'm soooo pumped that the Pats won the game. This game comes close to the feeling of the Super Bowl wins. To be honest though, they had no business winning that game. Brady was crap for all of the first half - save for the drive right before halftime - and for most of the 2nd half as well and the running game was nonexistant, but it's not like they tried running much either.

It was well worth missing the first 20 minutes of 24.

Is it next sunday yet?
Old 01-14-2007, 10:49 PM   #201
Blue Crack Supplier

Crap, I think I just forgot whose country this is. If only there was a commercial that could remind me of this important fact...
Old 01-14-2007, 10:50 PM   #202
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail

Is it next sunday yet?

I am not working that night, even if I get fired. I'm going to be watching that game, live on TV.

My moneybags yuppie brother is going to the game -->me He's going to get tickets any way he can, even from scalpers.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:16 PM   #203
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Crap, I think I just forgot whose country this is. If only there was a commercial that could remind me of this important fact...
THIS IS OURRRRRRRRRR COUNTRYYYYYYYYYY.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:47 AM   #204
War Child

I really wish the bears got the Eagles over the Saints
Old 01-15-2007, 05:55 AM   #205
Anu
Editor

Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
Local Time: 06:50 PM
Haven't been here on these sports boards for awhile. Any Saints fans in here?
Old 01-15-2007, 07:16 AM   #206
Blue Crack Addict

The Hewson weekend warap up:

As I have been saying, the Ravens were a fraud 13-3 squad. Kudos to the Colts' D for playing a great game, but McNair was horrendous and nobody should have expected a team who went 13-3 by playing Cleveland 16 times to ba any good.
Bob Sanders is a difference maker for the Colts at safety, he worries me more than Dwight Freeney and Pey-Pey combined next week.

The feel good Saints move on, Iggles gave then a game, and the coaching staff of Reid et al may bear the brunt of this loss. Of course if Chunky Soup is at the helm, the Saints win 55-3.

Sexy Rexy made some big plays, looked like Bad Wrecks might prevail when he let Peterson swipe the ball away in the 2nd quarter, but give him credit, and give Seattle credit for a great battle. Thankfully by losing and not reaching the Superbowl the Seabags will now draft in the slot befitting their 9-7 record, either 22 or 23 I think, and yes that pick belongs to the Pats.

And of course, "go f*ck yousrelves San Diego". Have we learned nothing from history? The team and the city already planned the Superbowl parade! Are you shitting me? They actually had said it makes sense for the team to fly home after the game and have the parade on Monday the 5th in the afternoon. Before stepping on the field. That disresepects not just the Pats, but the Colts, Bears and Saints as well. Smart move. And LT...shut the f*ck up. You're upset cause the Pats celebrated on your field after the game was over and imitated the Merriman dance...you lost, the winner celebrates on the field. And Mr. Merriman ran his trap for 2 weeks straight and then got swallowed up by Matt Light and was a non-factor, the roids must have worn off finally. Again Marty can be blamed for screwing up enough of the game to cost his team at least a shot, especially the foolish challenge as Headache pointed out. How sad will it be that Coughlin gets an extension at 8-8 and Marty gets fired at 14-2? Expect it.
Brady played his worst playoff game to date( he was horrendous for the first 28 minutes), but was huge when it was needed most, at the end of the half and the end of the game...how about that throw to Caldwell to set up the winning FG!
Old 01-15-2007, 07:39 AM   #207
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

THANK YOU to Tom Brady !
OK, who had money on ever seeing this quoted on this site...nobody, and Vegas would have paid off at 6,969-1 odds.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:42 AM   #208
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
No, Sunday is right...they'll be beaten in their own building next Sunday by Brady & co. and won't have the weather as an excuse this time.
This prediction still looks good.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:43 AM   #209
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
the pats winning would make mrs. headache's pocket book very happy, .
You buying Mrs. Headache a new Coach handdbag today?
Old 01-15-2007, 09:36 AM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Bob Sanders is a difference maker for the Colts at safety, he worries me more than Dwight Freeney and Pey-Pey combined next week.
Agreed. Their run defense is greatly improved when he's in there.