Another NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ljclary said:
I think a mountain is being made out of a molehill here. If every player was named classless by imitating another player on an opposite team it would be a small squad. I think less classless is for LT not to shack they hand of a man who used to be his teammate (Reche Cladwell) push over him and walk away. I just don;t think the actions of a few players, full of adreleline, celebrating a hard fought victory should deam a whole team classless. And for LT to say Bellichick is classless is just asinine.

Exactly.

What I find funny is that people are acting like the Patriots did this stomping and showboating on the world trade center site. It's a friggin field with a painted logo. The logos are symbols for sports, not anything truly important (well maybe they are to some, but I digress). Why get all hot and bothered when someone jumps on it? I just don't get it.

WildHoneyAlways said:

Get over it.

Umm, I am over it. Thanks. :rolleyes:

The only reason I brought this up was just my sharing of what happened to me yesterday. I was just making my observations based upon the game. I had/have no idea that the Pats fans generally have a bad reputation in the sports world? I had no idea prior to right now, reading they are compared to Yankees fans, that they do have a bad rep? I don't follow sports as much as you all, I really am just a Chargers fan, but I don't really follow the rest of the NFl that much.

But, based on my own experience with the Pats fans yesterday, if they do have a bad reputation, then I must say, based on how they behaved yesterday (understanding this was a small representative of the Pats fans) it is well deserved. And yes, I DO understand this was a small representative, and that ALL Pats fans are not like this, but the ones I saw were pretty bad. Worse than Raiders' fans, and that's saying a lot if any of you have ever been to a Raiders/Chargers game.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

and davec... let's lay off the saints/katrina thing. how is it not a story? i was at a bar in manhattan saturday and there was a group of people from new orleans there, decked out in saints gear. we talked to them for a while and all they had to say was how having the saints doing so well has been such a great distraction for them, something to root for when there's not much else to root for... something to rally around. it IS a great story.

It is a story - but I don't need to hear about it 8,000 times after EVERY SINGLE PLAY. We get that there was a hurricane, and we understand that it's great for the city that the team is doing well, you've been telling us a million times a game since week 3.

I realize that it's important to the team and the city, but mention it in the pregame. Once the ball is kicked off the focus should be on the game, which is the entire reason I'm watching in the first place.

PS: Pats fans and their no-class team have now reached a new low. I can't wait to see the look on your faces when Pey-Pey beats you arrogant wimps this week! :happy:

Last edited:
DaveC said:
PS: Pats fans and their no-class team have now reached a new low. I can't wait to see the look on your faces when Pey-Pey beats you arrogant wimps this week! :happy:

You need to find an outlet for your Patriots induced anger. :wink:

DaveC said:

050206_mcnabb_hmed_8p.h2.jpg

when someone does a stupid, idiotic taunting dance, makes it their trademark, does it so often that you just can't get away from it... yes... they deserve to have that dance shoved right in their face, and i have no problem with it whatsoever.

i'm a giants fan... when the texans and cowboys and everyone else were doing the fadeaway jumpshots after torching the giants D, i was disgusted... not at the classless acts of the other teams, at how stupid my own team was to give them that ammo to shove back in their faces in the first place.

This is what was behind the famous Randy Moss mooning incident in Green Bay, only it was fans, not players! Apparently there was a tradition in Green Bay where a certain group of drunken fans hung over the entrance to the visiting team's exit tunnel and mooned the opposing players if they had lost. (Dungy said he had suffered the humiliation many times while visiting with the Bucs) Moss, as a division rival with the Vikings, had experienced that many times and gotten fed up (and you know the guy has a temper) so when he made that score, maybe he saw the particular drunk mooning guys, and he mocked a moon to them. Remember, he didn't even really show his butt, he only mocked their mooning because he was sick of seeing their asses and wanted to shove it in their faces for once. He was fined anyway, but that's the real reason he did it.

Mind you, I really wouldn't be all that upset if the Pats were to win this week. I really dislike the Colts, too (for many of the same reasons I dislike the Pats). I just really dislike them a lot less.

As long as they don't win it all. :yikes:

ya know, i've always liked ladanian tomlinson... the more he keeps opening his mouth up, which he did again today, the less i like him.

helloooooooo... are we really attacking a team for mocking a dance which is a mock in it's own right? we're criticizing a team for taunting a taunt? what the hell is wrong here?

I am soooooo reporting you again DaveC

DaveC said:

Classless is taking a national symbol like a PATRIOT and putting a red X through it. :angry::down:

That's like taking a canadians jersey and putting a red X through it!

:madwife:

heck, i've even been a drunken, classless interference poster every now and then. :reject::wink:

...and at completely seperate times (the "drunken" and "classless") :D

We wouldn't have been around so long if we haven't been drunk....and classless at times.

I am still trying to figure out how the Patriots dancing on the bolt is classless when the the thing they are mocking is quite classless. At the same time, people should stop taking their cues from T.O. (the midfield celebration on the Dallas Cowboy "star" a few years ago).

the saints are coming...

358754793_ab65f7e9a1_o.jpg

:wink:

She looks like she HAS fucked da Eagles, all of them. And that's not all she did. Look at that mouth :censored:

randhail said:

I thought that's what the shirt said, but I wasn't sure. Makes the Yankees suck shirts rather tame and family friendly.

I saw that shirt live on national TV, I thought it was hilarious! :laugh:

could we be heading for the most patriotic super bowl in history?

Saints vs Patriots...can you imagine it?

the team that wins after every national tragedy (9/11, space shuttle disaster) vs the underdog team that got destroyed after the hurricane...geez...

zonelistener said:

I am still trying to figure out how the Patriots dancing on the bolt is classless when the the thing they are mocking is quite classless. At the same time, people should stop taking their cues from T.O. (the midfield celebration on the Dallas Cowboy "star" a few years ago).

:yes:

europop2005 said:

the team that wins after every national tragedy (9/11, space shuttle disaster) vs the underdog team that got destroyed after the hurricane...geez...

no... cuz the bears are gonna beat the saints and paitiots are def. gonna lose to colts

europop2005 said:

Saints: I believe in seperation of church and state!

Actually, I thought the Pats versus the Eagles two years ago was fairly "patriotic"!

Just had to come in here and say that I'm so ecstatic about The Saints!! As a Saint fan for years... gosh, since I was 8.. this has been unreal.

It hasn't been easy being a Saints Fan let me tell you; one playoff win!! That's it!! No Bueno!

It's so unreal to see them so far into the postseason! I mean the NFC Championship! WOW! This is like MERRY CHRISTMAS for all SAINTS fans!!!

GO SAINTS!!!

Kinsa said:

A Raiders sucks shirt? That's the best you can do??
Just pointing out that the guy who proclaims "I'm a classy guy" and that you are so vehemently defending is not as classy as he likes to portray himself. And apparently just can't let things go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom