Another Muse thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Ok, maybe not another one but mine at least. I know there are some fans on the board and some that are not. Im impressed with these guys though, despite what detractors say is nothing more than Bends era Radiohead. (by the way, whats the matter with that).
Anyway, Absolution is a brilliant album in my opinion and a worthy follow up to Origin of Symmetry. Thats all i really have right now I guess, maybe I am just in the mood to start threads, seems bang and clatter is asleep these days.

Discuss....

The more threads, the merrier! :up:

I only have 'Showbiz'. I quite like the big songs on it, it has a few snoozers too I suppose. The good songs on it are amazing though.

I always wanted to buy Origin of Symmetry, but I could never find a good import price for it. I have a few of the songs, they seem better than the songs on Showbiz.

How would you rate their albums in order of 'goodness'?

i have listened to all their albums.. I was initially really impressed, but it faded after a while, it just seemed to be a bit tooo much. Not that it sounds too much like bends era radiohead, and not that that would be a bad thing, just that they seem a little overdone to me. I love New Born.. wicked song. And I will admit they very well may grow on me at some point if I listen more.

origins IS a great album, I admit, but I see nothing special about these guys. They're fun to listen to...the bass lines will kill you, and the melodies are addictive....but, i don't know, they feel too shiney and produced...
it's crazy good rock music with a suit on and hair slicked back

absolution is not as good as origins though

(PS...sometimes, the singer annoys me)

Basstrap said:
origins IS a great album, I admit, but I see nothing special about these guys. They're fun to listen to...the bass lines will kill you, and the melodies are addictive....but, i don't know, they feel too shiney and produced...
it's crazy good rock music with a suit on and hair slicked back

absolution is not as good as origins though

(PS...sometimes, the singer annoys me)

Ok, well, I have really been digging absolution lately and origins is soooo good but absolution is starting to come close to that for me. Youre right, good rock music. I guess I just dont find that too often that I like. Its easy for me to find good indie, alt/country, singer-songwriter or even electronic ambient stuff. But not rock. I dont know why.

do yourself a favor right now

listen to:
Cooper Temple Clause - New Toys

Hey EP...

I have a friend in town here that has turned me on to Muse. She is a Muse FREAK.

Anyway...they are actually coming to the US next month...or so she says. :up:

I will be at one of their shows!

1) Origin of Symmetry
2) Absolution
3) Hullabaloo (live + b-sides)
4) Showbiz

I would highly recommend seeing them live or purchasing the CD + DVD Hullabaloo release because they do put on a very impressive live show. Not to mention that the majority of their songs work far better in a live performance.

plug in baby
new born
stockholm syndrome
bliss
time is running out
citizen erased
dead star
shine <acoustic>
in your world
fury
hysteria
space dementia
hyper chondriac music
sunburn

..all recommended for starters

One of my coworkers just came into my office and asked me to ask you guys a Muse question. She just bought Absolution, and she has apparently fallen in love with the way they use piano in their songs. So what she wants to know is this: Is piano featured prominently on their other albums? If so, which other album(s) would you recommend she buy?

Thanks, y'all. :)

i can't wait to see them this summer. but i'm kinda confused cause the cure site says that they are playig all dates but on the muse site they don't mention the TO date.

are they coming or not????

i really hope so.

They are fantastic live.

I had the pleasure of seeing them in a really small venue at their one Toronto show...so much energy. Matt's piano playing alone was enough to lull me into a state of semi-hypnotic fascination. It was ASTOUNDING...he's a virtuoso.

HeartlandGirl said:
One of my coworkers just came into my office and asked me to ask you guys a Muse question. She just bought Absolution, and she has apparently fallen in love with the way they use piano in their songs. So what she wants to know is this: Is piano featured prominently on their other albums? If so, which other album(s) would you recommend she buy?

Out of the remaining albums I would say their second album Origin of Symmetry is the most piano driven album and arguably their best album. Many of the songs including New Born, Bliss, Space Dementia (the most piano led song on the album), Feeling Good incorporate the piano to good effect..and a church organ is used during Meglomania.

Their first studio album Showbiz also contains a few great piano aided songs including Sunburn, Fillip, Falling Down, and Cave. Showbiz is worth hearing but I'd always recommend Origin of Symmetry and maybe even Hullabaloo - B-Side + Live (they are fantastic live as sweetest_thing mentioned) ahead of Showbiz first to anyone interested in Muse.

Back
Top Bottom