Another help question - my registry is rooted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Some bastard site, searchcentral.cc has bastardised my comp so every time I disconnect the modem it goes and resets my default google homepage to it's site. I cleared it from the registry (I think) twice and everything else...Will I need to set up a firewall or something to get rid of it permanently? I have no idea how to get rid of it or where it even came from. It's ****ed up everything even when it's cleared off I'll search somthing from google and when I click on certain search results it instead takes me to some search central site (related but not the same it resets as default homepage) instead of loading the search link. I know it is doing this as certain addresses will work sometimes and sometimes not.
:mad:

If anyone can help, I'd be eternally grateful.

:censored:

that sounds horrible. i had all of this crap in my registry from the new version of aol instant messenger. i think it was called wildtangent or something. i ran ad-aware and i'm telling you this crap was everywhere. bastards. :mad:

if you don't have ad-aware i would definitely recommend it.

spyware is the devil. :angry:

yeah, it's spyware. i had some shit like that once, whenever i'd search for something, it'd take me to their page instead. wtf! so i ran ad-aware and spybot (i like to run two juuuuuust in case), and it went away.

Thanks for your help :wink:
I ran some spybot thing and it found 27 'bad' items. Two were some German finance thing which was looking like the reason I reached the 1000 Mb limit before the month's limit was up.
:mad:

Tis all gone now though :love:

Back
Top Bottom