"Another circlejerk Random I f*cked Lance's Mom in the brownie Movie discussion"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lazarus

Blue Crack Supplier
"Another circlejerk Random I f*cked Lance's Mom in the brownie Movie discussion"

a.k.a. Part XI

Last edited by a moderator:
Well played.

It doesn't matter how many times I watch High Fidelity, I never get sick of it. Don't let them make fun of me for saying so.

I only wish Tim Robbins got smashing in the face with a phone in every movie.

I fucked Lance's Mom in the brownie.

Hold on, was that not the point here?

I only wish Tim Robbins got smashing in the face with a phone in every movie.

On that note, I heard he and THE SOOZ! split up. So you're saying there's a chance...

Oh yeah, and what's the deal with Nine? Have any of yall seen it yet? I was going to go yesterday but got sidetracked. After said sidetracking, I noticed it wasn't exactly getting good reviews.

I'll catch it when I get up to Tallahassee. I got a $25 AMC giftcard and matinees are $5 on weekdays, so that'll be good.

The Lovely Bones screener is out. I'll either watch that or An Education tonight, speaking of Nick Hornby.

Not sure how interested I am in The Lovely Bones, but it definitely warms my heart how much Stanley Tucci looks like a typical child molester.

Well, I certainly had no intention of paying to see that film to begin with. I think I'll give it a download, just for the hell.

Well I'm 40 minutes into The Lovely Bones and it's easily the hilariously bad movie of 2009. No contest. Holy shit. It's so fucking awful. I will say though that Eno's score is rather nice. But Stanley Tucci's performance here is one of the more deliriously hammy ridiculous performances I've seen in a long time. OMG, so many memorable moments so far. His appearance, his affect, his LINES, holy shit you couldn't imagine some of this stuff. It's so fucking awful-hilarious. I get the feeling Tucci is in on the joke though. He has to be. He's too good. But he's the only one in on it, and that excluded Jackson too. Can we stop lauding this guy now, please? Thanks.

Additionally, all the "Afterlife" imagery so far is entirely gratuitous wank-off bullshit.

you know what, I'll just copy my facebook status:

"Oh my lord. The Lovely Bones. The worst film of 2009, but so very much more than that. So ludicrously hilarious-awful in more ways than I could believe were possible. Stanley Tucci (aka Tuccirapemurder) was sort of amazing, because he seemed to be the only one in on the joke. Such a deliriously misguided, unfathomable, blindly retarded failure on every level."

Also, this film very nearly ruined Another Green World for me, by playing a favorite track of mine from that album over one of the most singularly ludicrous film sequences I've ever seen.

Also, Kris Tapley thinks this film is some sort of misunderstood masterpiece. Holy hell, oh my god. That's so hilarious. If nothing else, I also feel so extremely vindicated with regards to my Peter Jackson distaste now... several times over. This gives me ammunition for the rest of his career.

Okay, now I'm dying to see it.

200908_lovely-bones-trailer-tucci.jpg

naperville-sex-offender.jpg

That's disappointing, Lance. I actually think Pete Jackson's an alright guy and I was looking forward to the film but all of the less-than-positive reviews are bringin me down. I'll see it eventually.

Brilliant thread title, Laz. Nice work.

Okay, now I'm dying to see it.

You really have to. I was quite seriously laughing my ass off without break through the entire middle act of the film. And for good parts of the other two acts as well.

Seriously, I've seen and despised Transformers 2, Terminator Salvation, Angels and Demons, and Drag Me To Hell this year, among others... this is leagues ahead of them in terms of delirious awfulness.

So after reading your thoughts on the film, Lance, I decided to have a look and see what the reviews were like on Rotten Tomatoes and came across this little gem

picture11ao.png

So I saw The Road today. Obviously doesn't have the power of the book, but much of it was very well done. I understand why many feel there's something missing. And there is, I just can't put my finger on what. The story's episodic by nature; not much you can do about that. The actors were all good, it looked exactly like I expected it to, the new scenes with Charlize Theron worked and added some necessary emotional context.

Mortensen is brilliant and heartbreaking, no surprise there. This could have been his year, but I guess the film being delayed and not received well-enough is preventing him from getting anywhere anywhere this awards season. A shame, as he was kind of born to play this role.

Duvall was also a standout.

You really have to. I was quite seriously laughing my ass off without break through the entire middle act of the film. And for good parts of the other two acts as well.

Seriously, I've seen and despised Transformers 2, Terminator Salvation, Angels and Demons, and Drag Me To Hell this year, among others... this is leagues ahead of them in terms of delirious awfulness.

Someone needs to make a .gif of Tucci and Imperioli playing peek-a-boo with the windows/doors of that little house.

I'm having a lot of fun with Mark Wahlberg and his earnestness though.

But seriously, as ridiculous as the film gets, nothing tops the last 5 minutes or so. Holy shit.

So I saw The Road today. Obviously doesn't have the power of the book, but much of it was very well done. I understand why many feel there's something missing. And there is, I just can't put my finger on what. The story's episodic by nature; not much you can do about that. The actors were all good, it looked exactly like I expected it to, the new scenes with Charlize Theron worked and added some necessary emotional context.

Mortensen is brilliant and heartbreaking, no surprise there. This could have been his year, but I guess the film being delayed and not received well-enough is preventing him from getting anywhere anywhere this awards season. A shame, as he was kind of born to play this role.

Duvall was also a standout.

Pretty much exactly what I thought about it.

Doesn't surprise me, the source material kind of sucked. I attempted to read the book and got about 50 pages in, and had to put it down for fear that my eyes would roll out of my head. How was this a book that people raved about??

Anyway, on an unrelated note: Meryl Streep. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom