Anna Nicole Smith's 20 Year Old son Dies!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard Stern (the lawyer) announced on Larry King last night that he's the father of the baby. They have named her Dannie Lynn Hope.

(CNN) -- An attorney representing former Playboy Playmate and reality television star Anna Nicole Smith said Tuesday he is the father of her daughter, born earlier this month in the Bahamas.

Howard K. Stern added that he plans to marry Smith.

"Anna and I have been in a relationship and we love each other, and it's been going on for a very long time, and because of my relationship as her lawyer, we felt that it was best to keep everything hidden," Howard K. Stern told CNN's "Larry King Live."

Stern said he and Smith are confident he is the father, and "based on when the timing of when the baby was born, there really is no doubt in either of our minds."

Entertainment reporter and photographer Larry Birkhead also claims to be the father of the girl, named Danilynne Hope.

In a statement, Birkhead said Smith told him he is the child's father, and that he has proof.

He said he accompanied Smith to doctors' appointments until a "minor disagreement" took place while she was pregnant. He suggested a DNA test be conducted to determine the child's paternity. He also made similar comments to "Entertainment Tonight."

In response to Birkhead, Stern said, "I think, first, you have to look at what his motives are. If he honestly believed he was the father, based on when the baby was born, he should have handled it appropriately ... handle it through the proper channels, not through television and through the media."

Birkhead also has sent "a slew" of e-mails to Smith, Stern said, calling it "just completely inappropriate."

"Anna has had problems with people going to the media in the past about her, and for that reason, most people around her, including myself, have signed confidentiality clauses that we won't go to the media about her," Stern said. "I'm just very shocked at how he's handled this, under the circumstances."

Asked whether Smith and Birkhead had a relationship, Stern said, "she never considered him her boyfriend." He would not comment on whether Smith was intimate with Birkhead.

Smith, Stern said, approved his revelation that he is the baby's father. "I'm here because she wanted me to be here," he said.

He said Birkhead should have waited until Smith's 20-year-old son Daniel had been laid to rest. Daniel Smith died September 10, three days after his sister's birth, apparently while spending the night in his mother's hospital room with her, Stern and the baby, Stern said. Smith found Daniel Smith's body the following day when she woke up.

Stern said he and Smith plan to marry "at some point. Right now we have to somehow get through what we're going through."

The cause of Daniel Smith's death has not yet been determined. Toxicology tests have been negative except for Lexapro, an antidepressant, but "there may have been other prescription medication in his system," Stern said.

Although Daniel Smith had struggled with depression after a breakup, Stern said, "There's just no way that Daniel would have taken his life. He was so excited to come here and see his mom and be with his sister."

Hospital personnel tried to revive Daniel Smith, but his mother, who could not accept his death, continued to do so after doctors had given up, Stern said. Eventually, she had to be sedated and checked out of the hospital to avoid the media.

Stern would not comment on funeral plans for Daniel Smith.

Asked how Smith was doing, Stern said, "She's having a tough time of it. I can't really imagine being in any worse condition. She has help, she's doing the best she can, but you know, this is a really tough thing to deal with."

The baby, he said, "is the one ray of hope. It's the one thing that's really keeping her going."

I actually watched a little of the interview too. Don't normally watch Larry King, but it was on when I walked by & I was glued!!!

This makes sense that if he were the father, he'd be one of the very few spending the night in Anna's hospital room right after she had the baby. But it looks like a BIG fight is gonna brew for paternal rights / leaching onto Anna's money. This story is not over yet!

TMZ spoke to celebrity photographer Larry Birkhead today, and he flatly rejects lawyer Howard K. Stern's assertion last night on CNN's "Larry King Live" that he is the father of Dannielynn Hope, the daughter born to Anna Nicole Smith on September 7.
Larry Birkhead and Janet Jackson
Birkhead was either so disgusted or so unconcerned by Stern's appearance on King's show that, according to a TMZ witness, he left to spend the evening in the company of Janet Jackson at her record release party in New York while Howard K. Stern was on the air. Birkhead also posted a note on his website www.larrybirkhead.net saying, "I AM THE PROUD FATHER." "The whole thing is laughable," says Birkhead. "It was obvious that even Larry King didn't believe what Howard K. Stern was saying."

Back in June, when TMZ first confirmed that Anna Nicole was in fact pregnant with the child, Birkhead and Stern clashed over the baby's paternity. Said Birkhead, "I have seen the ultrasound and have spoken to doctors ... Howard needs to get past his own jealousy about the relationship between myself and his only client." Stern shot back in a conversation with TMZ, "Anna wants that guy completely out of her life and obviously he is having trouble dealing with it."

At that point, however, even while he was denying Birkhead's paternity claims, Stern did not make any claim to be the father of the child, despite repeated chances to do so.

tiny dancer said:
I also watched the interview and felt all along that Howard K. Stern was the father of the baby.

Me too. I used to watch her show when it was on E!. I've always thought they've had something going on.

Said Birkhead, "I have seen the ultrasound and have spoken to doctors ... Howard needs to get past his own jealousy about the relationship between myself and his only client."

:huh: How does looking at an ultrasound make him the father?

I just saw a blurb on Yahoo's main page that it's being reported the son died of a drug overdose. I didn't click to read the whole article, but thought I'd share.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actress and model Anna Nicole Smith's son, Daniel Smith, died of a lethal combination of drugs that caused an irregular heart beat, People Magazine reported on its Web site on Wednesday.

The report quoted pathologist Cyril Wecht, who was hired by Smith to look into her son's September 10 death, as saying Daniel Smith died from a combination of methadone, Zoloft and Lexapro that led to cardiac dysrhythmia.

People Magazine said Wecht got the results of toxicology tests from National Medical Services in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania

Daniel Smith, 20, died while visiting his mother in a hospital in the Bahamas where she had given birth to a baby girl. His death has been shrouded in mystery since then.

The People magazine report could not be immediately confirmed, and official autopsy and toxicology reports are being withheld until an October 23 inquest.

Sad...

Although that doesn't mean he O'D it was just the combination of the drugs....

one4u2 said:
Although that doesn't mean he O'D it was just the combination of the drugs....

Ah, of course. See what happens when you (meaning ME) misquote a headline? :wink:

but still, very sad.

I read somewhere on the internet today that the baby was indeed fathered by atty Howard K Stern, and the baby had been named Danielynn Hope (that is how it was spelled in the article) and that the anti depressant Lexapro had something to do with Daniel's death, it would be revealed in the toxicology report. Prescription drugs in his system caused his death.

Carek1230 said:
I read somewhere on the internet today that the baby was indeed fathered by atty Howard K Stern, and the baby had been named Danielynn Hope (that is how it was spelled in the article) and that the anti depressant Lexapro had something to do with Daniel's death, it would be revealed in the toxicology report. Prescription drugs in his system caused his death.

I don't believe he's the dad. Did you see him on Larry King? He looked like he was on drugs or something. I think he's a complete and utter nutjob.

wtf...

ANNA NICOLE SMITH WEDS HOWARD K. STERN!

Posted Thursday, Sept. 28 / 2 pm ET

Anna Nicole Smith married her long-time attorney and close confidante, Howard K. Stern, this morning just shortly before 10:30 am in Nassau, Bahamas. The wedding occurred only 18 days after the death of Anna's son Daniel, 20, from an accidental drug overdose in her Nassau hospital room on September 10.

In a world-exclusive report, an eyewitness tells Star that Anna, 38, and Howard, 37, tied the knot shortly before 10:30 am on the morning of September 28, while sailing on a white catamaran off of Nassau! "There was heavy security around the yacht, plus extra speedboats to deliver more supplies as needed (including unlimited Dom Perignon champagne) from the mainland to the catamaran," says the eyewitness, who adds that the wedding party celebrated the union afterwards by having a swim party around the yacht — "and Anna was wearing a pink bikini!"

Two days before, on September 26, Stern appeared live on the Larry King Show via satellite from the Bahamas, to announce that he was the father of Anna's newborn daughter Danilynne Hope, that he and Anna "love each other" — and that the duo would get married "at some point."

Apparently, that point arrived much sooner than later. A source adds: "Stern was making all the arrangements in the days before the wedding."

This is apparently Stern's first marriage, but the third for Smith. She was a teen bride with Billy Wayne Smith (Daniel's father) in Texas in 1985; they divorced two years later. Smith then married 89-year-old oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall in June 1994. He died in 1990, and Anna — who recently became a legal resident of the Bahamas — is still battling in court for her share of his estate.

:crazy:

bxp28241.jpg

U2Girl1978 said:

I don't believe he's the dad. Did you see him on Larry King? He looked like he was on drugs or something. I think he's a complete and utter nutjob.

He looked like he was grieving to me. I mean, he had been the only stable male figure in Daniel's life for what, 8 years? Maybe more. Cut the guy a break, he's suffered a great loss too.

WildHoneyAlways said:

He looked like he was grieving to me. I mean, he had been the only stable male figure in Daniel's life for what, 8 years? Maybe more. Cut the guy a break, he's suffered a great loss too.

I understand that they both have suffered a loss, but I still think he's creepy. :shrug:

They got married? Um. Okay.

Is there any truth to the scuttlebutt that says Anna Nicole sold her last pictures of her dead son to the tabloids?

Girlfriend is messed up.

I'll concede that she's under tremendous grief right now, but still.

Messed.

Up.

corianderstem said:

Messed.

Up.

And probably doped up too. It's a very sad situation, but it's entangled in so many layers of weirdness..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom