Anna Nicole Smith Has Died - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2007, 08:36 PM   #391
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:56 PM
You'd think a parent (Larry) would have more rights than Virgie (maternal grandparent).

Old 04-10-2007, 08:57 PM   #392
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever
here's the latest..

Two Men and a Baby?
Posted Apr 10th 2007 4:09PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Anna Nicole Smith

Even though Larry Birkhead is officially the daddy, he cannot take Dannielynn out of the Bahamas, until the custody issue is resolved. We expect Virgie Arthur will mount a challenge. Indeed her lawyer suggested she wants strings attached if Birkhead gets custody.

Until the custody matter is resolved, Dannielynn won't be able to leave the Bahamas. So, Stern has invited Larry to spend as much time as he wants at Horizons, where Stern is staying. Until Birkhead gets custody, he has no legal claim to the baby. So will Larry, Stern and the baby bunk up in the short term. Stay tuned.
I absolutely hate Virgie Arthur. She makes me sick.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:11 PM   #393
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
You'd think a parent (Larry) would have more rights than Virgie (maternal grandparent).
You'd think an official parent (Larry) would have more rights than anyone, but the baby is still with the Sterns and I don't believe it's over yet.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:59 PM   #394
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

One would think so. But it's not a sure thing yet I guess. I think they are going to start the custody proceedings on friday.. Hopefully this won't drag out forever..(have a sinking feeling tho, with Virgie Arthur trying to get her claws on dannielynn). It would be nice if they made a ruling that day or within the week. But I highly doubt it. Being that Howard and family have that bond with dannielynn (they are all she knows) I would think they may get some type of involvement in the custody... I am just dreading if they give Virgie joint custody or something..
Old 04-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #395
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 02:56 PM
2 men and a baby That's funny. And the circus continues....I don't know why the court wouldn't rule to place this baby in the custody of her rightful biological father. He has all the rights to that child in my opinion and of all the people involved who are basically arguing over who the baby should be placed with, Larry seems the best fit. besides, he has been shown making all the preparations to provide for the child which makes a clear statement. I am just suspicious of any "agreement" Stern may be masterminding with Larry. THAT is what bothers me.

Regardless of the outcome I had a bit of a snicker today after hearing the big baby daddy news that as excited as any of these players are to take custody of this innocent baby girl right now, let's fast forward about 12-13 years time. I'll bet she will be quite a handful as a teen!

I am still patiently waiting for the investigation into Daniel's death to continue as well as to see if there is any connection between his death and his mother's death.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:31 PM   #396
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

You'd think an official parent (Larry) would have more rights than anyone, but the baby is still with the Sterns and I don't believe it's over yet.
Seriously. WTF? I don't get this AT ALL! What judge even cares to hear what she has to say?!?! Larry is the FATHER, he WANTS her, and he's perfectly capable of caring for her!!!

I know a family that adopted a baby locally and then the baby's maternal grandmother fought for custody or visitations. In this case, the family that adopted her did not even include the biological father and the grandmother STILL had no legal say in the matter.

I can only assume this is still being allowed to be heard because it's high profile. It's such a black and white issue!!

Also, if she'd wanted Stern to adopt her or gain custody in her absence, then she could have legally allowed him too, but she didn't. Too late baby now, Stern. Leave it!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:26 AM   #397
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 09:56 AM
The only reason people are fighting over this poor little baby is because of the "possible" inheritance she will get from Anna. Totally sick.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:10 AM   #398
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

Seriously. WTF? I don't get this AT ALL! What judge even cares to hear what she has to say?!?! Larry is the FATHER, he WANTS her, and he's perfectly capable of caring for her!!!

I know a family that adopted a baby locally and then the baby's maternal grandmother fought for custody or visitations. In this case, the family that adopted her did not even include the biological father and the grandmother STILL had no legal say in the matter.

I can only assume this is still being allowed to be heard because it's high profile. It's such a black and white issue!!

Also, if she'd wanted Stern to adopt her or gain custody in her absence, then she could have legally allowed him too, but she didn't. Too late baby now, Stern. Leave it!
I really do agree with you on this, but I'm afraid because of things I've heard. The law in the Bahamas is not the same as US law. That's why they fled there in the first place! Stern, being a lawyer, knew this. It's one place that the man listed on the birth certificate becomes the legal father regardless of if he's the bio dad. In the US, yes, the bio dad wants the child, he's capable, and the mother is dead, it's his, end of story. But because of the different laws they have there, and because of how the expert yesterday said they revere grandmothers, I don't think Larry will have all that easy a time of getting her out of there. Dannielynn is a Bahamian citizen (again they plotted to make sure she was born there and not in the US) so I don't know how that'll work. Again, it's such an epic tragedy. She ran there to keep the baby from Larry because he was going to try to take it because she wouldn't get off drugs, and the drugs killed her, and Daniel, and now there's this mess. No screenplay writer could have invented such a twisted, tragic tale.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:52 AM   #399
Refugee

Local Time: 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dazzlingamy
The only reason people are fighting over this poor little baby is because of the "possible" inheritance she will get from Anna. Totally sick.
I think that is true of Howard and Virgie, but I hope Larry is the real deal and just wants the best for her.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:35 PM   #400
Blue Crack Overdose

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

I really do agree with you on this, but I'm afraid because of things I've heard. The law in the Bahamas is not the same as US law. That's why they fled there in the first place! Stern, being a lawyer, knew this. It's one place that the man listed on the birth certificate becomes the legal father regardless of if he's the bio dad. In the US, yes, the bio dad wants the child, he's capable, and the mother is dead, it's his, end of story. But because of the different laws they have there, and because of how the expert yesterday said they revere grandmothers, I don't think Larry will have all that easy a time of getting her out of there. Dannielynn is a Bahamian citizen (again they plotted to make sure she was born there and not in the US) so I don't know how that'll work. Again, it's such an epic tragedy. She ran there to keep the baby from Larry because he was going to try to take it because she wouldn't get off drugs, and the drugs killed her, and Daniel, and now there's this mess. No screenplay writer could have invented such a twisted, tragic tale.

This is what disturbs me so much about this whole ordeal....the fact that Stern has been behind ALL of it. Especially about moving Anna to the Bahamas to give birth there. I'm telling you, that guy's crooked as they come. He's sitting there holding back waiting to get paid. I hope the Marshall fortune which could potentially be awarded to Danielynne doesn't actually happen. It's all just so tragic and sad. I read there's already a movie in the making of this whole mess. Ugh!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:33 AM   #401
Refugee

yeah i hope so too Bono's Betty - but its really easy to step up and say 'i'm the dad' when there is a multi million dollar baby to claim...

irs just sad all round. But really feel SICK when i see Howard K Stern and his revolting family. And anna's mother seems like a right piece of work.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #402
War Child

Local Time: 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dazzlingamy
yeah i hope so too Bono's Betty - but its really easy to step up and say 'i'm the dad' when there is a multi million dollar baby to claim...

To be fair, he was trying to get custody from the day she was born, before Anna even died. So if Anna was alive, he wouldn't have gotten any money, and he didn't expect her to die. Maybe some of the others were after cash, but Larry has always only wanted his child.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:28 AM   #403
Blue Crack Overdose

Quote:
Originally posted by AnnRKeyintheUSA

To be fair, he was trying to get custody from the day she was born, before Anna even died. So if Anna was alive, he wouldn't have gotten any money, and he didn't expect her to die. Maybe some of the others were after cash, but Larry has always only wanted his child.

I believe this to be true as well.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:53 AM   #404
Refugee

ah well thats ok then

Go Larry!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:49 AM   #405
Blue Crack Addict

Yes I remember when she used to be on ET every night after Daniel died, and Larry was trying to get the baby from the time she was born. He said how sad it was he had to watch his child be born on ET! That's why she fled to the Bahamas and put HKS's name as the 'father' because Larry had told her if she didn't get off drugs he was taking the baby.