Anna Nicole Smith Has Died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A stepbrother is not such a big deal, he's not related. If they had grown up together like the Brady Bunch it would be creepier. I know ppl who wouldn't date lifelong friends or neighbors once they grew up because it was just 'too weird'.

TMZ is reporting Larry came out of the custody hearing smiling and making comments about traveling home with Dannielynn. Virgie stalked off in a huff.

WildHoneyAlways said:
I wonder how much Larry got paid for those pictures. :hmm:

He says it's all going into a trust fund for the baby, but if it were me, I'd enjoy it now while she's growing up. He couldn't have all that much money himself, and he owes Debra Opri and other lawyers nearly a million dollars, and 400 grand to the DNA lab, and I'm sure those aren't his only expenses. After he gets the baby out of there he should sue HKS for those damages for keeping his daughter from him and costing him all that money. He shouldn't have had to get a lawyer to get her back. HKS knew all along it wasn't his or he wouldn't have tried to block the DNA testing.

U2Kitten said:

He says it's all going into a trust fund for the baby, but if it were me, I'd enjoy it now while she's growing up. He couldn't have all that much money himself, and he owes Debra Opri and other lawyers nearly a million dollars, and 400 grand to the DNA lab, and I'm sure those aren't his only expenses. After he gets the baby out of there he should sue HKS for those damages for keeping his daughter from him and costing him all that money. He shouldn't have had to get a lawyer to get her back. HKS knew all along it wasn't his or he wouldn't have tried to block the DNA testing.

I agree, but it would be difficult to get a judge to rule in favor of it...Birkhead would have to have proof that HKS knew the whole time that Danilynn wasn't his. All of this speculation is just that - speculation. There's no definitive proof that HKS knew for a fact the whole time that he wasn't Danilynn's father.

another reason maybe Daniel knew too much..

I did read on another site that Larry has some kind of 'fraud' thing against HKS for putting his name on the birth certificate, (it was an attempt to keep the baby away from him, by ANS with HKS as accomplice) and the baby will soon have the 'Stern' removed from her legal name.

As for the judges, they've been way more fair than I expected. The main reason they fled to the Bahamas is because there, unlike almost everywhere else in the world, they regard the name on the birth certificate as the legal father even if they know he's not and it's hard to challenge it even with proof. So for them to have given her to Larry so easily proves they are doing the decent thing under the circumstances (and HKS not fighting helps)

Last edited:
HKS is evil and is the mastermind behind keeping Ana all to himself and for moving them to the Bahamas. Keeping Ana drugged it was easy to pursuade her to do anything. Daniel probably did know too much and I still don't believe his death was accidental or of natural causes. That still needs to be investigated. I am surprised but it could still happen that HKS hasn't committed suicide for all he's lost at this point. Once the baby goes to her biological and rightful father Howard's got nothing at all. It's all just very sad.

Originally posted by namkcuR

There's no definitive proof that HKS knew for a fact the whole time that he wasn't Danilynn's father.

Although, that is probably true, here's something for all to consider ...

Remember during the memorial service, when Howard K. Stern gave his 'heartfelt' speech.
He said how he was going to continue to 'fight' for Anna (when it came down to Dannielynn)
He also talked about how no one else really knew anything about his and Anna's 'coupled' relationship.
In fact, Howard admitted that only he and Anna knew the truth ... and now, I'm starting to wonder what that truth was !!

:hmm:

TMZ.com just posted this..

Birkhead Free to Leave with Baby
Posted Apr 25th 2007 4:05PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice, Anna Nicole Smith

Larry Birkhead can leave the Bahamas with Dannielynn, at least for now.

A judge has just cleared the path for Birkhead to go to United States with one string -- he must return with Dannielynn for the full custody hearing in June.

Sources tell TMZ that Virgie Arthur objected to the ruling and could appeal. But that appeal may be too late. We're told Birkhead wants out in the next few days.

And there's this -- Arthur's lawyer protested there were leaks in the case, and pulled out several TMZ stories that he said were posted "minutes" after the various hearings ended.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
TMZ.com just posted this..

Birkhead Free to Leave with Baby
Posted Apr 25th 2007 4:05PM by TMZ Staff

Larry Birkhead can leave the Bahamas with Dannielynn, at least for now.

A judge has just cleared the path for Birkhead to go to United States with one string -- he must return with Dannielynn for the full custody hearing in June.

Sources tell TMZ that Virgie Arthur objected to the ruling and could appeal. But that appeal may be too late. We're told Birkhead wants out in the next few days.

And there's this -- Arthur's lawyer protested there were leaks in the case, and pulled out several TMZ stories that he said were posted "minutes" after the various hearings ended.

Seriously, Virgie is a pain in the ass. Good god!

I'm so happy for Larry and Dannielynn! :happy:

What do you guys think of the Anna Nicole movie being made? Too soon, too tasteless, or wait and see?

according to tmz.com

The Baby Has Landed
Posted May 1st 2007 1:05PM by TMZ Staff

Larry Birkhead is back on U.S. soil with his daughter, Dannielynn.

Birkhead just landed in Louisville, Kentucky via private jet. We're told Birkhead will spend time with his family, but will eventually return to Los Angeles.

The custody fight is not over. Birkhead must return with his daughter to a Bahamian court next month for a formal custody hearing. Virgie Arthur is the only obstacle standing in Birkhead's way.

finally, she's on US Soil.. I am happy for Larry and his family..:wink:

U2Kitten said:

What do you guys think of the Anna Nicole movie being made? Too soon, too tasteless, or wait and see?

I can't think of a single even mildly interesting thing this woman did or accomplished in her life that would warrant a movie. Why in God's name anyone would want to watch such a thing is beyond me.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
according to tmz.com

The Baby Has Landed
Posted May 1st 2007 1:05PM by TMZ Staff

Larry Birkhead is back on U.S. soil with his daughter, Dannielynn.

Birkhead just landed in Louisville, Kentucky via private jet. We're told Birkhead will spend time with his family, but will eventually return to Los Angeles.

The custody fight is not over. Birkhead must return with his daughter to a Bahamian court next month for a formal custody hearing. Virgie Arthur is the only obstacle standing in Birkhead's way.

finally, she's on US Soil.. I am happy for Larry and his family..:wink:

:up:

I just saw him bringing her home on TV :cute: It seems like a happy ending but I know we haven't heard the last of this tale!

:applaud: I am happy to finally see this move happened. I wonder whose private jet flew them to Kentucky? And too bad they have to go back to the Bahamas for more court drama. I wish Virgie would just give it up before she loses any and all time being a dignified grandmother to this child. Does she know HOW to be a grandmother?:ohmy:

I was wondering that, too. Where did he get all that money all of a sudden? When they said he was living in Kentucky I assumed with his family, but then they show this big upscale estate. Larry was a freelancer living in a modest (by Hollywood standards) condo. Now he's got all this cash! Who's his benefactor? Or did he sell out to ET like HKS?

And about Virgie, she's blown it. She had every chance to be nice, prove ANS and HKS wrong and just want a part in the baby's life. But she had to go pushing custody and delaying the trip home and playing right into HKS's hands. She should have known she'd never win and she was only damaging her good relationship with Larry. It would have been better to just stay nice and play pitiful and he'd have let her see the baby anyway. Now there's more hard feelings no one needs.

At least HKS is gone, I hope!

Carek1230 said:
:applaud: I am happy to finally see this move happened. I wonder whose private jet flew them to Kentucky?

The other article (Associated Press) says about the private jet:

The plane Birkhead arrived in was chartered by the TV show "Access Hollywood" to bring its reporting team back from the Bahamas.

"We were excited to take them to a happy homecoming in Louisville," the show said in a statement.

"Access Hollywood" has promoted its planned coverage of a family reunion in Kentucky, but a show publicist said the program did not compensate Birkhead for its exclusive access. She said the program's parent company, NBC Universal, does have a deal with him but she could not describe the terms.

Maybe the mansion was rented by them too.

You need a good deal of money to even 'rent' a mansion. The one HKS is staying in was loaned- not rented- to ANS by Ford Shelley's father in law and they were never able to evict HKS. Now that the baby is gone I hope HKS will do the right thing and go home.

So you're saying Access Hollywood bought it for him?

Virgie reminds me of the mother in "Million Dollar Baby". They only came around in hopes of money when she died.

Blech. Go away Virgie. :madspit:

PS: That baby is sooooo damn adorable! She's beautiful!

^:lmao: That's a good one and true! :lmao: She should've just let things be and kept her damned mouth shut.

And yes, Danielynne is adorable and looks so much like her proud daddy.

So has HKS disappeared into oblivion already?

:bump:

Here's the latest news ... it seems the doctors who prescribed Anna Nicole's meds are under investigation now. :hmm:

6 Locations Raided in Anna Nicole Probe
By ROBERT JABLON and PAUL ELIAS, Associated Press Writers
2 hours ago

LOS ANGELES - Eight months and 2,300 miles away from where Anna Nicole Smith died of an overdose, California authorities on Friday raided homes and offices of the doctors who prescribed hundreds of pills to the former Playboy Playmate.

California Department of Justice agents raided the office of Smith's psychiatrist, Dr. Khristine Eroshevich, and the home and office of Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, who prescribed the painkiller methadone to Smith shortly before her death.

In all, six locations were raided, said Sandi Gibbons, spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County district attorney's office. Authorities did not name the doctors but their attorneys confirmed the searches.

Smith died of an accidental drug overdose in February at a Florida hotel. She was 39.

The department began investigating in March because "dangerous drugs ... were part of the death of Anna Nicole Smith, and I learned that these were California doctors and California prescriptions," Attorney General Jerry Brown said at a news conference.

Brown declined to speculate on what charges the doctors might face if it was determined they improperly prescribed drugs, but indicated they might be serious.

"You don't go to a judge and get a search warrant for somebody's home unless you think some rather serious crime has been committed," Brown said.

A call to Eroshevich's attorney, Gary Lincenberg, was not immediately returned. However, he told KNBC-TV that the investigation only concerned whether prescriptions to Smith were proper.

"This has nothing to do with whether or not Dr. Eroshevich in any way contributed to Anna Nicole Smith's death," he said.

Ellyn Garafalo, a lawyer for Kapoor, confirmed the doctor's home and offices were searched but declined to comment further.

Howard K. Stern, Smith's attorney and companion, reportedly was at Eroshevich's Studio City home when investigators arrived. The psychiatrist had been watching Stern's dogs while he was away in New York, and he arrived back early Friday, Stern's attorney Lin Wood told CelebTV.com.

"He is not involved in anything that is being investigated and it has nothing to do with him," said James T. Neavitt, another Stern attorney.

The Medical Board of California also is investigating both Kapoor and Eroshevich. According to documents, Eroshevich authorized all 11 prescription medications found in Smith's hotel room the day she died. Eroshevich had traveled with Smith to Florida.

More than 600 pills, including 450 muscle relaxants, were missing from prescriptions that were no more than five weeks old, according to the documents obtained by The Associated Press through a public records request.

Brown said he did not know if the criminal probe could lead to exhumation of Smith's body, which is buried in the Bahamas. He said investigators have learned "quite a lot" from Bahamian authorities but he declined to be specific on grounds that it might jeopardize the investigation.

Asked if the probe would expand to include Smith's son, Daniel, who died of a drug overdose in the Bahamas less than five months before his mother, Brown replied: "We're not setting any limits on this investigation."

Agents have so far reviewed over 100,000 computer images and files, analyzed patient profiles and pharmacy logs and interviewed witnesses throughout the country and abroad, Brown said.

University of Southern California law professor Jody Armour said potential charges could include manslaughter if it is determined that a physician "exposed others to harm recklessly," and even murder if the action was so reckless it constituted malice.

A claim of criminal homicide could be brought by arguing a physician generated excessive risks, he said, by "prescribing this substance without proper supervision or without diagnosis or without a proper foundation of some kind."

Such claims are unusual in the case of physicians because society generally wants them to have wide discretion on treatment, Armour said.

However, several doctors have gone to prison because they prescribed painkillers for patients who died.

In Florida, Dr. Freddie J. Williams got a federal life sentence in 2004 for prescribing oxycodone that led to two deaths, and Dr. James Graves was sentenced to 63 years in state prison for four manslaughter counts in 2002 linked to his prescriptions.

The current investigation could lead to state charges either in California or Florida, or federal charges if the government decides it wants to send a signal that overprescribing drugs won't be tolerated, Armour said.

Los Angeles County District Attorney Steve Cooley said in a statement that his office will file charges "as appropriate," after evaluating results of the search warrants.

Some recent news to ponder on ... :hmm:

Stern wants Smith's daughter as heir
By JEREMIAH MARQUEZ, Associated Press Writer
Thu Oct 18, 8:20 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - Anna Nicole Smith's former attorney and companion filed papers Thursday arguing that the late model's daughter is the sole beneficiary to her estate, though the child is not mentioned in the will.

The will, drafted long before Dannielynn was born in September 2006, wasn't updated before Smith's Feb. 8 drug overdose death in a Florida hotel at age 39. Smith had intended to include her, Howard K. Stern said in papers filed in Los Angeles Superior Court.

She told her estate attorney in the years before her daughter's birth that "although she did not expect to have any children in the future, if she did, she wanted them to share equally in the trust," according to court papers.

The will left all Smith's assets to her son, Daniel, who was her only child when the document was drafted. He died three days after Dannielynn was born.

Dannielynn lives with her father, photographer Larry Birkhead, who was established as her parent through DNA testing that settled a paternity dispute with Stern. Stern is the will's executor.

Smith's assets were estimated at $710,000 when the will was filed in May, but as the widow of Texas oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall II, she had been fighting Marshall's family for years over his estimated $500 million fortune. How much of that money, if any, eventually goes to Dannielynn could depend on the outcome of the legal dispute.

Also on Thursday, a Superior Court judge refused to throw out a preliminary injunction barring a Texas doctor and his wife from releasing a 1994 videotape documenting breast augmentation surgery for Smith.

The injunction was sought by Stern, who says Smith never consented to having her surgery recorded and that the doctor, Gerald Wayne Johnson, sent a tape of the procedure to a memorabilia dealer.

Back
Top Bottom