Anna Nicole Smith Has Died - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2007, 01:49 PM   #301
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:42 PM
Rest in peace Anna Nicole

AP

Anna Nicole: Stern Pressures Larry to Sign Deal

Anna Nicole Smith's two baby daddies (I don't know what else to call them) continue to be in a tug-of-war this morning, even as their beloved cash cow is readied for burial.

Overnight, attorney Howard K. Stern — whose hold on the situation is starting to slip — has been strong-arming photographer Larry Birkhead to do a couple of things: keep Birkhead's legal reps out of Anna Nicole Smith's Bahamas funeral, sign a contract deal with "Entertainment Tonight" and acquiesce even further regarding the future of baby Danniellynn.

Stern, as I told you the other day, has already had one secret meeting with Birkhead in which he cut out the photographer's lawyers.

I'm told that Stern has kept up the pressure on Birkhead, actually presenting him with contracts, sources say, in which Birkhead would join Stern for more exclusive interviews on "Entertainment Tonight" and "The Insider."

"Howard wanted Larry to sign so that it looked like everyone was in agreement, and that it wasn't just Howard benefiting from these deals," my source said. "Larry said the baby's guardian should sign the papers for him and the baby, but he wouldn't. So then Larry wouldn't."

At the same time, Stern is trying to negotiate separately with Birkhead, away from his attorneys, to sign a deal by which Stern would continue to be in baby Danniellyn's life and oversee her finances.

Stern, my sources say, is working as quickly as he can to effect these agreements before he has to turn over the baby to Birkhead, her biological father.

Sources say that Birkhead's representatives are considering taking legal action against Stern's side to prevent further communication between the two sides as soon as today.

The problem, sources also say, is that Birkhead — a novice in these games — continues to be intimidated by Stern.

"Entertainment Tonight" and "The Insider," both owned by CBS Paramount Television, have denied paying for interviews. But I'm told their method – it's semantics — is to "license" footage either directly from Stern or through a third party.

Recently, "ET" used Solana Productions of Southern California in such a deal. Neither Solana or anyone from CBS Paramount answered calls yesterday.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:32 PM   #302
Blue Crack Addict

Slash from Guns and Roses was at her funeral, I assume they must have been friends since it was invitation only.

All exclusive details tonight from ET- but of course they didn't really pay Howard, right?

Old 03-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #303
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:42 AM
Old 03-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #304
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

This just in: Anna's still dead!
Old 03-02-2007, 04:21 PM   #305
ONE
love, blood, life

I just heard Howard got $4 mil from entertainment tonight for full coverage of the funeral! What an
Old 03-02-2007, 04:53 PM   #306
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Hey, good for him. It's been almost a month since Anna died and she finally got buried. I hope this mess goes away soon.
Smith was a pseudo celebrity who people should've stopped giving a shit about years ago.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #307
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by one4u2
I just heard Howard got $4 mil from entertainment tonight for full coverage of the funeral! What an
Especially since, on ET, he openly accused Virgie of wanting to do the same! Get yer fat fingers outa Howie's pie! What an asshole

I sure hope Larry isn't intimidated by Howard to the point where he gets tricked and ripped off. He should be suspicious he doesn't want Larry's lawyer there. I think everyone forgets Howard is a lawyer too and he knows all the shifty stuff. He doesn't want Dannielynn as much as he wants to control the money, and he even admits it! What an asshole!

I was glad to hear that at the funeral, Larry was cheered and Howard was jeered! The public can see what he is.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #308
Refugee

Local Time: 11:42 AM
Quote:
I knew he was getting paid but 4 million!!
Old 03-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #309
Blue Crack Distributor

Maybe that 4 million will work against him somewhere down the line.

one more word: Karma
Old 03-02-2007, 05:52 PM   #310
Refugee

Local Time: 11:42 AM
Old 03-02-2007, 06:34 PM   #311
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:42 PM
Quote:

Old 03-02-2007, 06:41 PM   #312
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:42 PM
What an utter shit
Old 03-02-2007, 07:19 PM   #313
Blue Crack Addict

ET is so pro Howard K it's sickening. I saw on the real news earlier that Howard was booed, but when they showed him walking in they covered up the crowd noise with talking and music, but they said Virgie was booed! They are sooo kissing up to him and showing everything from his side. I have no respect for them anymore.

I also think it's shitty of him to bring up rude stuff about Virgie in his funeral speech! You just DO NOT do that, no matter what anyone thinks of anyone, (and with my family I should know) a funeral is NOT the time for that!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #314
ONE
love, blood, life

Wow watching ET now, they really are showing every moment This is actually very sad
Old 03-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #315
Blue Crack Distributor

I've stopped watching ET & The Insider a while ago, especially since she died. It's been non-stop coverage since. I mean, did they even cover the Academy Awards? Usually the highlight of the year. Or the Grammy's? Anything "entertaining"?