Anna Nicole Smith Has Died - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #256
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:10 PM
This just came out tonight:
The flamboyant Seidlin, rumored to be coveting his own reality TV show, let the proceedings spin out of control. The judge interjected himself into testimony, talked about his daily routine and wardrobe, and chatted nostalgically about his roots in New York, where he was once a cab driver. He freely gave nicknames such as "Texas," "California" and "Mama" to the people involved in the trial.

The legal mess surrounding Smith, in life and in death, hasn't been simple, but Seidlin's judicial style took the case to a new level of absurdity, experts said.

At least she will be buried with her son. Let this poor soul rest in peace already.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:28 PM   #257
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
you know his tears were heartfelt and sincere!

Old 02-22-2007, 10:43 PM   #258
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Where's Judge Ito when you need him?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:44 PM   #259
ONE
love, blood, life

It had to be seen to be believed. (no pun intended)
Old 02-22-2007, 11:08 PM   #260
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
Where's Judge Ito when you need him?
I was thinking similar thoughts! This whole mess is starting to turn into O.J 2.0!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:10 PM   #261
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:10 PM
Funny ... when reading about the judge's ruling, it came across as possibly sincere. Seeing the footage?

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude. You're as fake as the purses sold by that dude with the table outside Pike Place Market in Seattle.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:19 AM   #262
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:10 PM
Why were these proceedings even aired?
Old 02-23-2007, 04:12 AM   #263
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
Pure entertainment value...nothing more, nothing less.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:53 AM   #264
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Wow that judge put on quite the performance-I give the odds that that was authentic at about 200 to 1. He awarded custody of Anna Nicole's body to Dannielynn's guardian, and I guess he (the judge) recommended that she be buried next to Daniel in the Bahamas. How is that guy a judge in the state of FL or any state?

The clown should be removed from the bench immediately.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:03 AM   #265
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2MaNaIcWeIdO

Pure entertainment value...nothing more, nothing less.
You know I was thinking, aren't all court cases forbidden by law to be on TV? Even the famous OJ trial was only shown in drawings and stills. Is it because it wasn't officially a trial? So they put this more in the category of "Judge Judy?"

Maybe they should give the guy his own TV show. There are lots of wacky people out there who'd probably like to have him hear their case, and the public would like it.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:11 AM   #266
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

You know I was thinking, aren't all court cases forbidden by law to be on TV? Even the famous OJ trial was only shown in drawings and stills.

Did you not own a TV during the OJ trial?
It was a daily event in television.
If you have cable, you'll notice a channel...CourtTV.
Most major trials end up televised these days. The only thing not allowed on camera is the jury.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:21 AM   #267
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

You know I was thinking, aren't all court cases forbidden by law to be on TV? Even the famous OJ trial was only shown in drawings and stills. Is it because it wasn't officially a trial? So they put this more in the category of "Judge Judy?"

Maybe they should give the guy his own TV show. There are lots of wacky people out there who'd probably like to have him hear their case, and the public would like it.
I swear I heard somewhere that he actually wanted a TV show like Judge Judy
Old 02-23-2007, 09:05 AM   #268
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
Ratings. Court TV said their ratings were up 80%.

XCLUSIVE: Judge's Wife: People Say He Should Have His Own TV Show
Anna Nicole Judge's Wife Tells ABC News: 'I Find Him to Be Brilliant'
By JIM AVILA and CHRIS FRANCESCANI

Feb. 22, 2007 — - Not since Judge Ito has a black robe so thoroughly failed to mask the colorful personality of the man beneath it.

For more than a week, Florida circuit court Judge Larry Seidlin has run the Anna Nicole Smith court hearing with a jarring combination of comic wisecracks, stunningly personal commentary and naked emotion.

And while the judge has declined to speak to reporters, his wife talked to the ABC News Law & Justice Unit.

"People who know him, and people who meet him on the street all say the same thing, 'You should have your own television show,'" Seidlin's wife, Belinda, said Thursday night.

The judge has garnered almost as much attention as Anna Nicole Smith herself.

As he read his ruling Thursday -- giving custody of Smith's body to a court-appointed guardian for her 5-month-old daughter Dannielynn -- he wept.

Earlier in the week-long hearing, Seidlin told one high-strung blonde lawyer that she was beautiful, and took cell phone calls from his wife. He shared his morning exercise routine with the courtroom and the cameras.

And then there were the inadvertently humorous moments during the hearing.

At one point, referring to a dress being made for Smith's burial, Seidlin's face soured as he expressed his general discomfort over funeral details.

"This is the one area I always ran away from -- the death," Seidlin said.

It prompted amused attorney Stephen Tunstall to note wryly, "But you're a probate judge," referring to the type of judge whose job is to deal with wills.

"I don't think him to be crazy at all,'' said Belinda Seidlin. "I find him to be brilliant, and that's tough to say when you're married to someone for a long time."

The couple met when she was 16 and he was in his 20s. They married seven years ago.

Belinda Seidlin said the Smith case affected her husband very deeply and very personally.

"He was exhausted at night," she said. "He would work on the case, sit around and think about it, write things down. He's a very tough guy, but certain things [about the case] really affected him -- this child, particularly, and the way the mother passed away … really everything."

Baby Dannielynn was born last year days before her only brother Daniel died of an apparently accidental drug overdose. Several men have claimed paternity of the child and a lengthy court battle is ongoing over millions that could someday be awarded to the child.

Seidlin grew up in the Bronx, playing championship doubles tennis at Christopher Columbus High School with lifelong friend Dr. Sheldon Warman.

"Some people viewing [Seidlin] on television would see him as unorthodox," Warman said, "but this is how he's always been and why's he's been elected back into this office every six years since he was in his twenties."

"He has the softest heart you'll ever see," Warman said.

Referring to his friend crying on national television as he read his ruling, Warman said, "He meant that. … That was really him.

"He felt that heat in that courtroom," he added. "He saw everything going on, saw all the fighting between the attorneys, and he wanted to deflate that with his humor."

Warman warned against underestimating Seidlin.

"No one should ever think of his beautiful smile as a weakness," he said. "In his inimitable style he 'de-stresses' situations with his humor.

"When we play tennis together, he always has a running commentary," he added. "That's him. What he loves to do is dissect situations and comment on them. He's a very inquisitive guy."

For all the criticism, Seidlin has come under for his off-the-cuff style. His wife said it's a character trait that has served him well as a judge and a human being.

"One day you'll see him walking down the street with a judge," she said, "and another day you'll see him walking down the street with a guy with a bird on his shoulder."
Old 02-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #269
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 08:10 PM
On another forum, he was nicknamed "Judge Fonzie."
Old 02-23-2007, 11:21 AM   #270
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Help me out here please. What was the ruling again? Was it Howard K Stern? Does he get her body?