Anna Nicole Smith Has Died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Fanatic4ever said:
here's the latest..

Two Men and a Baby?
Posted Apr 10th 2007 4:09PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Anna Nicole Smith

Even though Larry Birkhead is officially the daddy, he cannot take Dannielynn out of the Bahamas, until the custody issue is resolved. We expect Virgie Arthur will mount a challenge. Indeed her lawyer suggested she wants strings attached if Birkhead gets custody.

Until the custody matter is resolved, Dannielynn won't be able to leave the Bahamas. So, Stern has invited Larry to spend as much time as he wants at Horizons, where Stern is staying. Until Birkhead gets custody, he has no legal claim to the baby. So will Larry, Stern and the baby bunk up in the short term. Stay tuned.

I absolutely hate Virgie Arthur. She makes me sick. :angry:

Lila64 said:
You'd think a parent (Larry) would have more rights than Virgie (maternal grandparent). :huh:

You'd think an official parent (Larry) would have more rights than anyone, but the baby is still with the Sterns :sigh: and I don't believe it's over yet.

Lila64 said:
You'd think a parent (Larry) would have more rights than Virgie (maternal grandparent). :huh:

One would think so. But it's not a sure thing yet I guess. I think they are going to start the custody proceedings on friday.. Hopefully this won't drag out forever..(have a sinking feeling tho, with Virgie Arthur trying to get her claws on dannielynn). It would be nice if they made a ruling that day or within the week. But I highly doubt it. Being that Howard and family have that bond with dannielynn (they are all she knows) I would think they may get some type of involvement in the custody... I am just dreading if they give Virgie joint custody or something.. :(

2 men and a baby :lmao: That's funny. And the circus continues....I don't know why the court wouldn't rule to place this baby in the custody of her rightful biological father. He has all the rights to that child in my opinion and of all the people involved who are basically arguing over who the baby should be placed with, Larry seems the best fit. besides, he has been shown making all the preparations to provide for the child which makes a clear statement. I am just suspicious of any "agreement" Stern may be masterminding with Larry. THAT is what bothers me.

Regardless of the outcome I had a bit of a snicker today after hearing the big baby daddy news that as excited as any of these players are to take custody of this innocent baby girl right now, let's fast forward about 12-13 years time. I'll bet she will be quite a handful as a teen!

I am still patiently waiting for the investigation into Daniel's death to continue as well as to see if there is any connection between his death and his mother's death.

U2Kitten said:

You'd think an official parent (Larry) would have more rights than anyone, but the baby is still with the Sterns :sigh: and I don't believe it's over yet.

Seriously. WTF? I don't get this AT ALL! What judge even cares to hear what she has to say?!?! Larry is the FATHER, he WANTS her, and he's perfectly capable of caring for her!!!

I know a family that adopted a baby locally and then the baby's maternal grandmother fought for custody or visitations. In this case, the family that adopted her did not even include the biological father and the grandmother STILL had no legal say in the matter.

I can only assume this is still being allowed to be heard because it's high profile. It's such a black and white issue!!

Also, if she'd wanted Stern to adopt her or gain custody in her absence, then she could have legally allowed him too, but she didn't. Too late baby now, Stern. Leave it!

Liesje said:

Seriously. WTF? I don't get this AT ALL! What judge even cares to hear what she has to say?!?! Larry is the FATHER, he WANTS her, and he's perfectly capable of caring for her!!!

I know a family that adopted a baby locally and then the baby's maternal grandmother fought for custody or visitations. In this case, the family that adopted her did not even include the biological father and the grandmother STILL had no legal say in the matter.

I can only assume this is still being allowed to be heard because it's high profile. It's such a black and white issue!!

Also, if she'd wanted Stern to adopt her or gain custody in her absence, then she could have legally allowed him too, but she didn't. Too late baby now, Stern. Leave it!

I really do agree with you on this, but I'm afraid because of things I've heard. The law in the Bahamas is not the same as US law. That's why they fled there in the first place! Stern, being a lawyer, knew this. It's one place that the man listed on the birth certificate becomes the legal father regardless of if he's the bio dad. In the US, yes, the bio dad wants the child, he's capable, and the mother is dead, it's his, end of story. But because of the different laws they have there, and because of how the expert yesterday said they revere grandmothers, I don't think Larry will have all that easy a time of getting her out of there. Dannielynn is a Bahamian citizen (again they plotted to make sure she was born there and not in the US) so I don't know how that'll work. Again, it's such an epic tragedy. She ran there to keep the baby from Larry because he was going to try to take it because she wouldn't get off drugs, and the drugs killed her, and Daniel, and now there's this mess. No screenplay writer could have invented such a twisted, tragic tale.

dazzlingamy said:
The only reason people are fighting over this poor little baby is because of the "possible" inheritance she will get from Anna. Totally sick.

I think that is true of Howard and Virgie, but I hope Larry is the real deal and just wants the best for her.

U2Kitten said:

I really do agree with you on this, but I'm afraid because of things I've heard. The law in the Bahamas is not the same as US law. That's why they fled there in the first place! Stern, being a lawyer, knew this. It's one place that the man listed on the birth certificate becomes the legal father regardless of if he's the bio dad. In the US, yes, the bio dad wants the child, he's capable, and the mother is dead, it's his, end of story. But because of the different laws they have there, and because of how the expert yesterday said they revere grandmothers, I don't think Larry will have all that easy a time of getting her out of there. Dannielynn is a Bahamian citizen (again they plotted to make sure she was born there and not in the US) so I don't know how that'll work. Again, it's such an epic tragedy. She ran there to keep the baby from Larry because he was going to try to take it because she wouldn't get off drugs, and the drugs killed her, and Daniel, and now there's this mess. No screenplay writer could have invented such a twisted, tragic tale.

This is what disturbs me so much about this whole ordeal....the fact that Stern has been behind ALL of it. Especially about moving Anna to the Bahamas to give birth there. I'm telling you, that guy's crooked as they come. He's sitting there holding back waiting to get paid. I hope the Marshall fortune which could potentially be awarded to Danielynne doesn't actually happen. It's all just so tragic and sad. I read there's already a movie in the making of this whole mess. Ugh!

yeah i hope so too Bono's Betty - but its really easy to step up and say 'i'm the dad' when there is a multi million dollar baby to claim...

irs just sad all round. But really feel SICK when i see Howard K Stern and his revolting family. And anna's mother seems like a right piece of work. :sick:

dazzlingamy said:
yeah i hope so too Bono's Betty - but its really easy to step up and say 'i'm the dad' when there is a multi million dollar baby to claim...

To be fair, he was trying to get custody from the day she was born, before Anna even died. So if Anna was alive, he wouldn't have gotten any money, and he didn't expect her to die. Maybe some of the others were after cash, but Larry has always only wanted his child.

AnnRKeyintheUSA said:

To be fair, he was trying to get custody from the day she was born, before Anna even died. So if Anna was alive, he wouldn't have gotten any money, and he didn't expect her to die. Maybe some of the others were after cash, but Larry has always only wanted his child.

:yes: I believe this to be true as well.

Yes I remember when she used to be on ET every night after Daniel died, and Larry was trying to get the baby from the time she was born. He said how sad it was he had to watch his child be born on ET! That's why she fled to the Bahamas and put HKS's name as the 'father' because Larry had told her if she didn't get off drugs he was taking the baby.

0417_bh_dl_cover_ok.jpg

bh_dl_2_ok.jpg

tmz.com

The first photos have surfaced showing proud papa Larry Birkhead with his and Anna Nicole Smith's daughter, Dannielynn.

OK! has the exclusive shots and an interview with the L.A. based photographer, who last week was determined to be the biological father of the 7-month-old. Perhaps, you heard?!

In the mag, Birkhead reveals that just three days before Dannielynn's birth, Anna sent him an e-mail saying, "Don't fall in love again, I'd be a bit jealous." Interestingly, Birkhead states that contrary to what people may think, Anna's alleged lover, Howard K. Stern, has been "a great help" with baby D, but adds, "Howard did things for Anna that no one wanted to. I actually feel sorry for Howard."

As far as Anna's mother is concerned, Larry says Virgie's not his enemy. "If she wants to be a grandmother, she can be a grandmother, my mom wants to be a grandmother too, but I'm not going to sign a paper saying so, it's just not right." Read between the lines, please!

A custody hearing for Dannielynn is scheduled for Friday in the Bahamas. As for the photos, all proceeds from their sale will be put into a trust for Dannielynn.

So cute! I just hope that baby is healthy. They say she checks out ok, but with all the drugs ANS was taking, I'd still be worried if I was Larry.

The pics are gorgeous! She's on the cover of the New York Post too. I always thought Larry was the Dad, she looks like him! :cute: I hope he can take her home soon!

I wonder if Larry, being a photographer, will have more sympathy for the paparazzi than others do? :giggle: :wink:

MsMofoGone said:
Larry Birkhead has only "kind" words to say about Howard K. Stern, his former adversary in the Anna Nicole Smith paternity case.

Well you have to consider she's not out of that house yet. He may feel more free to speak freely after he's got her safely at home with him. Until then he has to worry HKS may pull something else. So in a way he may feel he has to 'kiss is ass' awhile longer.

Larry should sue HKS for the MILLION dollars (600 grand to Opri, 400 grand to the DNA lab, not counting other expenses) it cost him to get his own kid because HKS was hiding her and lying. It should never have been so hard for him. He's the real Dad, and he wants her.

Gay? Anna didn't think so. There's also rumors he's a tax cheat and a deadbeat Dad, though he has no other kids anyone can prove. From what I saw elsewhere online the new rumors are a smear campaign by the magazines that lost out in the bid for the first Daddy and Dannielynn pics. He said today he wants to sue the magazines stirring shit up. ET claims Virgie is behind the rumors, and has paid people to put them out there. In this mess, who knows. All I know is, the media searched desperately for dirt on Larry during the whole trial thing and found nothing. Now all this at once? Come on.

Back
Top Bottom