Anna Nicole Smith Has Died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrPryck2U said:

Proven not true by the way.

Thank you I'm up on my current events, however the sleeping pills were the major factor along with the other 8 drugs found in her body and she DID have an infection from a needle used to inject drugs.

Well, I guess it's safe to say that not only were the sleeping pills a factor, but so was the HGH and the methodone that they found in her system.

Howard K. Stern Derails Inquest Into Anna Nicole Smith's Son Daniel's Death

An inquest into the death of Anna Nicole Smith's 20-year-old son was put on hold Thursday pending a legal challenge filed by Howard K. Stern, the lawyer-turned-partner of the former Playboy Playmate.

A judge in the Bahamian Coroner's Court had picked a seven-member jury and was preparing to call witnesses when Stern's lawyers persuaded him to halt the proceedings until the island's Supreme Court could rule on a motion to submit a questionnaire to potential jurors to gauge any bias.

Stern attorney Wayne Munroe argued it would be "reckless" to continue the inquest before the Supreme Court had ruled on the issue.

No date has been set for a Supreme Court hearing on the issue and it was unclear when the inquest would resume, though jurors were instructed to return to court on April 11.

"I'm very disappointed with the delay tactics they are using," Virgie Arthur, Anna Nicole Smith's mother, told reporters as she left the court. "But I'll be here every day. I'll be here until the end."

Daniel Smith died Sept. 10 as he visited his mother three days after she gave birth in a Nassau hospital to her daughter, Dannielynn. Authorities say he died from a combination of drugs including methadone and antidepressants, but an inquest was convened to determine whether the death was accidental, suicide or perhaps even a homicide.

Anna Nicole Smith died Feb. 8 in Florida from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs, including a powerful sleep aid that a lawyer for Stern said she took to cope with grief over her son's death.

Bahamian officials had summoned dozens of witnesses for the inquest, including Stern and Larry Birkhead, a California photographer and former boyfriend of Smith's who claims he is Dannielynn's father and has petitioned for custody of the girl.

A Bahamian court had ordered DNA tests of Dannielynn to determine paternity, but that order has been appealed by Stern to the island's Court of Appeal, which was scheduled to hold a hearing on the matter on Monday.

:|

I am so sick to death of Howard K Stern seemingly masterminding this entire three ring circus. I don't trust the dude, never have, even way back during the days when that Anna Nicole Smith show was on TV. I believe the guy is evil and money hungry, as well as manipulating the judicial system as well as stalling and extending this entire situation.

The proceedings are to start at: 2:30 PM EDT according to TMZ.com. So we won't know anything till the end of the day..

And f'd up Virgie Arthur is trying to get custody of Dannilynn regardless of who is the father..:huh:

She not a winner of mom of the year that's for sure.. I so hope she doesn't get custody..:mad:

Former Smith Boyfriend Father of Infant

Apr 10 03:58 PM US/Eastern
By JESSICA ROBERTSON
Associated Press Writer

NASSAU, Bahamas (AP) - Anna Nicole Smith's former boyfriend Larry Birkhead said Tuesday that DNA tests have proven he is the father of her infant daughter.

Birkhead emerged from a closed court hearing to announce the results. Smith's companion, Howard K. Stern, has been caring for the girl, Dannielynn, who could inherit a fortune in the wake of her mother's February death.

After the hearing, Stern said he would not fight for custody.

An expert in genetic evidence said the DNA analysis has proven Birkhead is Dannielynn's father. Dr. Michael Baird, who analyzed the results of a March 21 DNA test, announced the results outside the court. "Essentially, he's the biological father," Baird said.

A jubilant Birkhead said "My baby's going to be coming home pretty soon. There has been a lot of pressure on me to pull out of this custody battle. Well, I think this proves. I don't pull out."

here's the latest..

Two Men and a Baby?
Posted Apr 10th 2007 4:09PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Anna Nicole Smith

Even though Larry Birkhead is officially the daddy, he cannot take Dannielynn out of the Bahamas, until the custody issue is resolved. We expect Virgie Arthur will mount a challenge. Indeed her lawyer suggested she wants strings attached if Birkhead gets custody.

Until the custody matter is resolved, Dannielynn won't be able to leave the Bahamas. So, Stern has invited Larry to spend as much time as he wants at Horizons, where Stern is staying. Until Birkhead gets custody, he has no legal claim to the baby. So will Larry, Stern and the baby bunk up in the short term. Stay tuned.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
here's the latest..

Two Men and a Baby?

Even though Larry Birkhead is officially the daddy, he cannot take Dannielynn out of the Bahamas, until the custody issue is resolved. We expect Virgie Arthur will mount a challenge. Indeed her lawyer suggested she wants strings attached if Birkhead gets custody.

Until the custody matter is resolved, Dannielynn won't be able to leave the Bahamas. So, Stern has invited Larry to spend as much time as he wants at Horizons, where Stern is staying. Until Birkhead gets custody, he has no legal claim to the baby. So will Larry, Stern and the baby bunk up in the short term. Stay tuned.

I smell a reality show....

Her mom can show up occasionaly at the gates and verbaly abuse them... :up:

kellyahern said:
Well, I think this proves. I don't pull out.

:giggle:
D8ODUPHG0_preview.jpg

bonosgirl84 said:

Although if I were Birkhead, I think I'd be a little afraid to stay at Stern's house...

Does Stern even have a house? The one he's been staying in belongs to Ford Shelley's father in law Ben Thompson, who loaned it to Anna Nicole. They changed the locks four times and couldn't keep Howard and his nasty, mean spirited relatives from squatting. I want to know, do Howard or any of his siblings have a job (though they all have degrees) or a house or even a spouse? That sister is a bitch and a beast! They are all 38 or older yet seem to be mooching off the parents, and a rich drugged out (now dead) woman. How sad. I do hope Larry takes the kid and runs and doesn't let Howard have control of her or her money. I'm sorry it's too late Anna Nicole and Daniel:(

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:
here's the latest..

Two Men and a Baby?

This sounds like My Two Dads all over again.

Liesje said:
Who is Virgie Arthur and why would she have any say over the baby? :huh: It's Birkhead's, end of story!! :banghead:

It would be nice if it was the end of story and Larry could just take her home now. But on ET, an expert on Bahamian law just said that all this does is give him right to FIGHT for custody. If HKS who is on the certificate fights him it could get worse. Also the guy said that the Bahamas are very maternally oriented, and Virgie being the maternal grandmother would be highly considered by them for custody.

You know it's all so sad though, they wouldn't even be in the Bahamas if they hadn't fled there to put HKS on the birth cert. and hide the baby from Larry because he had threatened to take custody if Anna Nicole didn't get off drugs (he was fighting for the baby since the day she was born, long before ANS died) What's really sad is that Daniel and Anna would likely never have died if they hadn't run off like they did. And now this poor little baby is getting the runaround because of all the mess. The best thing that can happen now is if Larry could just take her home and get it all off TV.

Back
Top Bottom