Anna Nicole Smith Has Died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No it wasn't Howard Stern. Judge Larry Seidlin awarded custody of the body to Richard Milstein, legal guardian of Dannielynn. He also said he would like to see her laid to rest next to her son in the Bahamas.

MrPryck2U said:
Help me out here please. What was the ruling again? Was it Howard K Stern? Does he get her body?

He gets his way, she's going to the Bahamas, however, his petition was denied. ALL the participants (Howard, Larry, mother) were offically denied but the judge made the decison to release her body to a court appointed 'guardian for Dannielynn'- some guy who works for the court system there- and he is supposed to take custody of the body and see that it's returned to the Bahamas to get buried next to Daniel.

BUT... the mother is appealing the ruling. So it's NOT over yet. And remember, her face is decomposing :(

It is unreal that the judge let alone has a job, but the fact that he is employed with the Judicial system is frightening. He is certifiable :coocoo:

They just talked about the arrangements for her funeral and showed the two designers who were making her burial dress. It was weird and it gave me the creeps. Are they gonna make it a Lady Diana type funeral and will it be televised? What is it, a show?

Putting her in the Bahamas could be a bad thing. Since her and Daniel are such a story now their graves might be vandalized and become a tourist attraction but not always in a good way. Also all the hurricanes might wash the bodies away. The best thing for her would probably have been her original idea of being put in LA near Marilyn Monroe. There are so many famous people there no one will mess with any of them.

A designer dress to bury her in? Are you kidding me right now? That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. This entire proceeding has been one huge embarrassment after another. It's a huge three ring circus.

Don't you think it's kinda creepy to make one specifically for a dead body? And you should have seen how upbeat and enthusiastic the designers were! (it was on ET I forgot to mention that) It's also making her death even more of a spectacle than it already was.

All of a sudden it came to me, it's all so clear! She was pregnant by Birkhead, but on the outs with him, so Stern the lawyer advised her to have the baby in the Bahamas because he knew that if you put his name on the birth certificate there he'd be the legal father regardless of who's the bio dad. In the US, the bio Dad would have rights. They plotted this. That's also why she buried Daniel there, she knew she'd have to stay in the Bahamas and raise Dannielynn there to keep her away from Birkhead and her family.

The house in the Bahamas isn't even hers, it's Ford Shelley's father in law's.

Whether or not he truly loved her, I can't help but see Stern as someone who used and manipulated a very messed up woman for his own gain. By claiming to be Dannielynn's Dad, and with Anna and Daniel gone, that leaves him to rake in her money, and whatever she gets from the Marshall estate. No wonder there are people suspicious that he rubbed out both her and her son. Unlike Birkhead and her family, he never tried to get her off drugs, only helping her get them and hide them. Was he a codependant in love, or someone out to help her dig her own grave so he could keep the money?

As executor of the estate, he will get about a third anyway (that's what my mother in law got for her neighbor's estate) According to absindinthemind's post, since Daniel is gone, and he has no will, the estate will be split between his living parent and sibling- Dannielynn, and his father, Billy Smith, the Jimmy's Chicken Shack guy from Texas AN had Daniel by. He has never been after her money or the kid in all these years, so it would be ironic if he were to make money off of her. At least he's not greedy and money grabbing like everyone else seems to be, even those 'fathers' coming out of the woodwork!

I only hope that Birkhead will be able to get the Bahamian legal system to believe and understand that Anna was not of sound mind when she put Stern on the certificate, and let him have his parental rights. And I wonder who all would disappear off the scene overnight if it was final that she didn't get any of the J. Howard Marshall estate.

I believe her family when they say Stern manipulated her and used her in her drugged up state and kept them from having contact with her. This was not only the 'evil' mother but siblings, an aunt and a cousin claiming he wouldn't let her talk on the phone and kept changing the phone numbers. He probably convinced her, in her stupor, that everyone was after her money but him, when in fact, he was too.

In the end, we have a tragedy of a dead young man, a dead woman, and a baby with no mother and unknown father. It never ceases to amaze me how truth is stranger than any fiction you could imagine.

U2Kitten said:
All of a sudden it came to me, it's all so clear! She was pregnant by Birkhead, but on the outs with him, so Stern the lawyer advised her to have the baby in the Bahamas because he knew that if you put his name on the birth certificate there he'd be the legal father regardless of who's the bio dad. In the US, the bio Dad would have rights. They plotted this. That's also why she buried Daniel there, she knew she'd have to stay in the Bahamas and raise Dannielynn there to keep her away from Birkhead and her family.

The house in the Bahamas isn't even hers, it's Ford Shelley's father in law's.

Whether or not he truly loved her, I can't help but see Stern as someone who used and manipulated a very messed up woman for his own gain. By claiming to be Dannielynn's Dad, and with Anna and Daniel gone, that leaves him to rake in her money, and whatever she gets from the Marshall estate. No wonder there are people suspicious that he rubbed out both her and her son. Unlike Birkhead and her family, he never tried to get her off drugs, only helping her get them and hide them. Was he a codependant in love, or someone out to help her dig her own grave so he could keep the money?

As executor of the estate, he will get about a third anyway (that's what my mother in law got for her neighbor's estate) According to absindinthemind's post, since Daniel is gone, and he has no will, the estate will be split between his living parent and sibling- Dannielynn, and his father, Billy Smith, the Jimmy's Chicken Shack guy from Texas AN had Daniel by. He has never been after her money or the kid in all these years, so it would be ironic if he were to make money off of her. At least he's not greedy and money grabbing like everyone else seems to be, even those 'fathers' coming out of the woodwork!

I only hope that Birkhead will be able to get the Bahamian legal system to believe and understand that Anna was not of sound mind when she put Stern on the certificate, and let him have his parental rights. And I wonder who all would disappear off the scene overnight if it was final that she didn't get any of the J. Howard Marshall estate.

I believe her family when they say Stern manipulated her and used her in her drugged up state and kept them from having contact with her. This was not only the 'evil' mother but siblings, an aunt and a cousin claiming he wouldn't let her talk on the phone and kept changing the phone numbers. He probably convinced her, in her stupor, that everyone was after her money but him, when in fact, he was too.

In the end, we have a tragedy of a dead young man, a dead woman, and a baby with no mother and unknown father. It never ceases to amaze me how truth is stranger than any fiction you could imagine.

:up:

Genius..

I actually wouldn't be surprised, and would also be greatly amused, if the father of this baby turned out to be not any of the three men claiming paternity, but rather someone else entirely.

tmz.com

TMZ has learned that lawyers for Larry Birkhead and Howard K. Stern are in settlement negotiations.

There was a buzz at the courthouse after Krista Barth, Stern's lawyer, removed a styrofoam cup of water that rested on the witness stand as Birkhead testified in the Anna Nicole burial hearing. The cup went missing and there was speculation that Stern's reps used it for a DNA test, which could have provided the evidence proving Birkhead is the father Anna Nicole's daughter Dannielynn.

We're told a day after the cup incident, the parties started negotiating. TMZ spoke with Birkhead's lawyer Debra Opri Sunday in the Bahamas, who would not confirm a settlement. She did, however, say DNA testing must be completed and paternity established before any settlement could occur.

Sources say Stern could be amenable to giving Birkhead what he needs to establish custody. We're told that in return, Stern wants ongoing control of Anna's estate and, once the estate is probated, continued involvement by becoming trustee for Dannielynn.

So, what Stern is saying is he'll give up raising the kid as long as he gets to control the money? Let Larry worry about the diapers, chickenpox, playground fights and bad boyfriends, while he gets to sit back and profit from her? :tsk:

I think that since Howard and the baby are in the Bahamas and no US judge or court will claim or have jurisdiction, he holds all the cards basically and can act accordingly. If Larry's sole motivation is the baby (which I believe it is), then he is basically forced to do this to see her and/or get custody. It is so unfair, but clearly this is one reason they went to the Bahamas in the first place. Didn't that even come out in the hearing?

Isn't there some way Larry can prove that they went to the Bahamas only to get away from him, and that Anna signed the certificate when she was not of 'sound mind?' I hope his lawyers think of everything.

No wonder it took her so long to decide to bury Daniel in the Bahamas. She finally had to realize she was stuck living there because they had to stay because of the baby, though she originally wanted to put him in California, where she had really wanted to be. If all was right, Larry would get the kid, and enough money to raise her, and Anna AND Daniel would be in California, not the Bahamas or Texas.

Oh yeah, all the good juicy and up-to-the-minute dirts is on TMZ.com, so thanks for posting that, Mrs S! During the day at work my co workers and I are checking for the latest. It is so disturbing to hear now how Larry and Howard are in "settlement negotiations". WTF? It's like the baby and the estate are game pieces and they're mucking with the outcome of the game in each of their favors! It's pretty sick. Those 2 have been friends and have hung out with ANS and that methadone drug doctor, so that's a whole weird ring of weird stuff going on right there if you ask me. I don't feel Howard should have any rights to anything, he weasled his way into ANS's life for the money, that is all he wants. Sick..........

I thought Howard only cared about being with Dannielynn :hmm: There's a price that is worth giving that up for, perhaps..

TMZ has learned the negotiations between Howard K. Stern and Larry Birkhead now have nothing to do with little Dannielynn. It's all about money.

Sources tell TMZ that Howard K. Stern has all but conceded that Larry Birkhead is the dad. Exhibit A: TMZ's story yesterday that Stern has already let Birkhead spend time with the baby. We're told Stern is willing to cooperate with paternity matters if the price is right. Specifically, sources say Stern has his eye on the Bahamian house Anna Nicole bought (not Horizons), and the boat she purchased just before her death. But that is not the end of Stern's financial wish list. Sources say he has set his sights on other assets as well.

Under the will and the laws of inheritance, Dannielynn would get all her mom's assets. Nonetheless, we're told the house, the boat and other assets are being discussed. It is unclear how Stern might lay claim to the items in question. Nonetheless, we're told that's precisely what he wants.

Now it is the Enquirer but sometimes they are accurate

Pneumonia — not a drug overdose — killed Anna Nicole Smith, the National Enquirer has learned exclusively.

In the new issue just hitting newsstands, The ENQUIRER reports that preliminary findings reveal that tests performed during the autopsy show Anna Nicole had a severe case of pneumonia. Prescription drugs that she had taken made the condition worse and did play a role in her death. The full toxicology report has not yet been completed.

Sources very close to the death investigation told The ENQUIRER that the prescription drugs masked the seriousness of her pneumonia. Anna Nicole had previously been hospitalized for pneumonia in the Bahamas after her son died.

This time, the painkillers Anna Nicole was taking masked her symptoms and quickened the deadly effects of the pneumonia.

All the details are in the next issue of The ENQUIRER.

I don't believe for a minute Howard's been in the life of ANS for anything BUT money. I don't trust him, just sit back and watch the sick and twisted plots of his begin to surface. What I find apalling tho is this "negotiation" the press speaks of between Larry and Howard.....Larry seems to genuinely want the baby, to raise her as his own and I do believe he IS the real father. But for Howard to continue to be taking care of the baby, and in an estate that doesn't even belong to ANS (it is being put on the market by the owner), AND arguing about where ANS should be buried....WHY??? They had a death certificate copy on TMZ.com this afternoon and Howard is listed as an informant, not as the boyfriend, husband or kin to ANS. It was Howard who orchestrated ANS's publicity and personal life, including the drug use. All he wants is money. I don't feel he has any legal holdings to the baby or to ANS. I wonder how much Howard had to do with Daniel's untimely death also. Why suddenly is Howard quiet about insisting he is the father of Danielynne? A lot of questions, a lot of raised eyebrows and a lot of rolling of eyes in this whole circus.

I wish that ANS would be allowed to be laid to rest, in the Bahamas, next to her beloved son and that it happen ASAP. I feel Larry should take the baby and Howard should remove himself from the estate in the Bahamas and from any property owned by ANS's estate. I don't feel he is entitled to anything, he was no relation and there's been no will stating anything being left specifically to him (altho I am sure he was working on that).

I also find it hard to believe (and I never believe anything the Enquirer publishes) ANS was apparently so sick with such a bad case of pneumonia. Pain killers couldn't possibly mask her symptoms that badly unless someone was pumping them into her. Anna couldn't have been that stupid (her education ended at 8th grade) to have pushed herself when feeling that sick. Seems pretty stupid to me to travel when in that condition, especially with a fever. Guess Howard just had to have that boat they went to Fla to buy!

TMZ is reporting that Anna's mother has filed an emergency injunction in the Bahamas to stop the funeral, and the hearse carrying her body has stopped just yards from the church. Oh wow...

Back
Top Bottom