Angst Albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~LadyLemon~

I Serve Larry's Stick
Just curious as to what other folks listen to during times of distress. Of course, certain songs can help me out, but I can basically split this up into three categories with the following albums:

Junior high and early high school:

Hole--Live Through This
Nine Inch Nails--Pretty Hate Machine

High School:

The Who--Quadrophenia

College and the first half of my 20s (I'll be 25 in March :wink: )

Weezer--Pinkerton

When I was really depressed (more so than normal) a few years ago I found I could only listen to NIN. Virtually nothing else.

When my mom died earlier this year I listened to After Everything Now This by The Church a lot. Very introspective album.

The Wall , Final Cut , Animals , Dark Side Of The Moon
By Pink Floyd

Walls And Bridges , Plastic Ono Band - John Lennon
Give My Regards To Broad Street - Paul Mccartney ( main track - No More Lonely Nights )
OK Computer , Kid A - Radiohead
Zooropa - U2

when i want to wallow in my misery, i reach for one of these:

tori amos 'little earthquakes'
pretty much anything by nine inch nails ('something i can never have' is fantastic for wallowing in misery)
the cure 'disintegration'
tori amos 'from the choirgirl hotel'
radiohead 'kid a'
pj harvey 'rid of me'

when i'm looking for strength to suck it up and get back on my feet, i always pull out 'the unforgettable fire', without fail.

During unhappier times, all I'd listen to is NIN and Marilyn Manson to relieve angst. I can't listen to NIN anymore, but still listen to MM for catharsis.

when my last serious relationship ended in my broken heart, I pretty much looped "Everything's Bad" by the Tossers for about 2 weeks. "i feel nothing, i feel nothing, drunk or sober....."

"A Place Called Home" by Ignite
"From Here To Infirmery" by the Alkaline Trio
"The Joshua Tree"
"Samedi Soir Sur La Terre" by Francis Cabrel
"Time Out of Mind" by Bob Dylan

Boy is perfect for angst, mainly cause they're full of angst themselves at the time and it's fun to see them work it out through music. After Boy, their music becomes very deep and meaningful. Still good for alot of reasons, but I'd prefer Boy for angst.

The best particular song from Boy for angst: Electric Co. "Boy, stupid boy, don't sit at the table until your able..."

Back
Top Bottom