Angels and Demons and another unfinished book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I preferred the Angels and Demons book to the DaVinci Code. Haven't seen the movie yet though. Hanks might be the best actor of this generation, but he wouldn't be my first choice for this character.

Bluer White said:
I preferred the Angels and Demons book to the DaVinci Code. Haven't seen the movie yet though. Hanks might be the best actor of this generation, but he wouldn't be my first choice for this character.

Couldn't have said it better myself... Maybe it's time to re-read that one as well. Now... who did I loan it to :hmm:

Bluer White said:

Totally agree...thought Hanks was a lame choice since day one...loved A&D way more than Davinci..will be seeing the movie on Wed....hope I am suprised.

ALso was it just me or was Angels and Demons way more controversial to the Catholic church????!!?!??! (just what I thought)

I had finished reading it right before the Pope died last April (and that night I saw U2 in Anaheim :hyper: ). At least I understood the smoke signals and such

Oh...I is a great BOOK...as in fiction...but it is an awesome read better than The Davinci Code by FAR...

I enjoyed Angels and Demons WAY more than Da Vinci Code.
I must say that some of the things in that book were a little scary :|..

Dan Brown is a bit of a one-trick pony but Angels and Demons is a better read than the Code. It just feels like the same thing over again.

the formula seems similar for all 4 books if I remember correctly. Angels & Demons stood out as a better book than DaVinci Code. I have no idea how they will make that one into a movie. They certainly won't be filming in Vatican City :shifty:

Angels and Demons was the first book I ever read by Dan Brown. I had to pick that book and another book for an english class at the university I went to back in 2000-2001. I picked angels and demons and I've read all of Dan Brown's books since. I wish he would write a new one.

I also don't think Tom Hanks was a good choice for this movie. And I don't know if they should do angels and demons as a movie. It doesn't seem like a good idea. :hmm:

^ I know. Angels and Demons was way better than The DaVinci Code - and making a film would ruin people's perceptions of how they imagined the characters etc.
- For example; I did NOT imagine Robert Langdon to look anything like Tom Hanks

I d/l Angels and Demons last night and fell asleep listening. Hopefully I can finish it before my road trip tomorrow...

I heard Ron Howard originally wanted Bill Paxton as Robert.

But to Hanks' support, alot of his backstory from the book was gone in the movie.

Back
Top Bottom