Angels And Airwaves 'We Don't Need To Whisper'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scarlet october

Acrobat
Has anyone heard this band yet? Tom DeLonge from Blink 182 started the band with ex-members of The Offspring, The Distillers, and Hazen Street. I don't really like punk all that much other than maybe The Clash. I didn't like Blink 182 at all. But Tom's musical horizons seem to be growing with his new band. The vocals are still very Blink 182, but I think they have potential. I'm thinking I may pick up their CD, it seems very U2 inspired. I've heard a few songs ... most of them are sounding pretty good.

Last edited:
wow. is 'u2-inspired/influenced' the new catch phrase these days?

i don't think that's a good way to entice anyone to listen to anything.

i've only heard the single, not enough to really cause me to want to investigate any further, but i find delonge's unique vocal style strangely endearing.

lmjhitman said:
wow. is 'u2-inspired/influenced' the new catch phrase these days?

i ate a bowl of rice krispies this morning. totally u2-inspired, to the point of mimicry. snap, crackle - POP! what a rip-off!

i never remember which one he is. the whiney got who does "all the small things" or the other one?

Actually, I heard a short radio interview and Tom said U2 was who they looked to for inspiration, to maybe, one day, have their "where the streets have no name."

as far as influences go, i hear the cure in there, maybe (which makes sense given the collaboration on the last blink 182 album). something else, too (i forgot what it was). but no u2. good. not a terrible song. pretty decent, in fact.

I saw "Adventure" and I'm not really into punk music, but this song is not bad at all.
Check out this A&A song: "Valkyrie and Missile" Absolutely great!

Back
Top Bottom