Angela's Ashes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, my grandma said she didn't like it because it was so sad. She said "I don't know how anyone could ever survive all that poverty." But Frank McCourt also adds the element of humor into the story, which helps.

I loved the book and I read it right when the follow up came out (Tis) so I got a double does of his life story in a few weeks. It's a great book and he has a way of talking about his life and growing up the way he did that makes you want to keep reading it.

Every single person I have ever spoken to has loved this book. I started reading it and just couldn't get into it. Perhaps because the mood starts off as very dark, this was the reason. Still, everyone else seems to have enjoyed it immensely. I hope you enjoy it too!

i read it and loved it. i also bought 'tis, however i've never gotten around to reading it. the job i have now can sometimes give me time for a lot of reading, so i think i'm gonna start reading it soon. :up:

i really enjoyed angela's ashes, i read tis as well. was really dissapointed in the movie, though. i wouldn't recommend it, they changed too much.

I'm glad stories like this are told...it's sad but true and people need to remember. My mother wouldn't go see the movie with me, she said "I don't need to see it, I lived it" It's just too sad for some people.
On a kind of related but happier note ( your signature made me think of it bc88) I get to meet my great-nephews this weekend if things go to plan, Malachi and Elijah:heart:
( related because Frank McCourt has a brother called Malachi)
There is a TV about the McCourt brothers laying their mother's ashes to rest. It is good too imho.

I try to read more of Christy Moore's book, but I keep putting it down in tears. Some Irish people have such a way with words.:heart:

Back
Top Bottom