Andy Warhol Exhibit in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
After work mybigdreams and I met outside the Chapters bookstore and went to the Andy Warhol exhibit at the Vancouver art Gallery where we met with two of his other friends heythats_mybike and wyntergyrl.

When we got the gallery we watched a one man play about the life of Andy Warhol which was okay. It was nothing spectacular but it was cute none the less. After the play, the actor who played Andy Warhol stayed in character and walked everyone around the gallery talking about his work as if he was Andy himself.

We all skipped that part and decided to look at Andy's work on our own. I had a lot of fun doing it by myself and I had the aid of wyntergyrl who is an art student who explained to me about different mediums, textures and all other art related questions that I had.

Some of the work displayed were ORIGINAL pieces by Andy Warhol (heavily gaurded as well, at least 3 guards in each small room) flown in from the Warhol Museum. I was just blown away by his work and walked up close to a lot of the paintings and screen printing pieces.

I can't believe that after all these years, especially Warhol's pieces from the 60's were still fresh looking as if they were done yesterday.

I will admit that some art bores me but while touring Andy's work, I was very very intrigued and understood why he is such a pop culture icon.

I love Andy's screen printing for some of his 80's work and his "power station" lines that were present in the pieces.

Thanks to mybigdream who flashed a smile and got him and I in for $2.50 each instead of $5 (It is $5 after 5:00 on Thursday's only, regular $12).

After the Warhol exhibit we all went for Gelato down on Robson.

Sounds excellent! :up:
I want to see that exhibition too! :hyper:
Unfortunately I live on the other side of the Northern Hemisphere. :(

C ya!

Marty

I would have like to see it too.

My last oral exam was about Roy Lichtenstein's WHAAM ! and I made a memoir 3 years ago on American Hyperrealism. I love American art.

Yet my job will have nothing to do with US art ! (English teacher... Well, it can actually...)

See you !

Marie

I saw this (or at least a full Andy Warhol Exhibit) in Minneapolis about four years ago.

Great stuff!L Loved his ealry drawings (Charcoal, I believe).

I wonder what Warhol would think of a post like yours, i_guns, and the internet screen names used.....:hmm:

I love, love, love Andy Warhol!

Just wondering if any of you have ever read any of the Andy Warhol diaries. He's an interesting individual ... very interesting indeed.

Back
Top Bottom