Andy Pettite to the Astros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
reports are now that pettite hasn't officialy signed, but that he has taken and passed a physical for the astros, and they're attempting to work out the final details... meaning he's not yet an astro, likely will be by the weekend, but george still does have one last shot to pick him up. like we've seen with sheffield, even a done deal isn't always done

item 1) I'm sorry, is this the only big signing...or is it the self-centered NYC area at work again?

Eddie Guardado signed with Seattle this week. The Cubs have signed a few good players. There's a crapload of big moves going on.

item 2) That is the BEST signature I have ever seen!

:up: :up: for Chizip (I will NEVER bet him).

Holy crap...I love it.

Last edited:
you really need to get over this self centered new york bullshit zoney... everyday eddie signing to be a setup man was not big news to me... sorry... the #1 starter of a team that was in the world series last year leaving to sign somewhere else is a bit of a bigger move... no matter where that team is from. i posted a thread when the red sox placed manny on waivers too... oh wait, maybe that's because he's from the bronx and it was just the self centered ness kicking in their too... jeez

again...not just eddie...there have been a TON of key signings. But thanks for brushing off key news in those other cities significant signings.

number one starter? The Rocket? That Japanese guy?

ONE pitcher does not make a team...especially the Yankees. George will buy whoever he wants to get the team back into the World Series for the rest of your life.

by the way...I give Michael Griffiths an equally hard time for posting ONLY vancouver canucks threads. You'll be allllright!

Whats with the Dodgers trading Kevin Brown straight up for Gopher Weaver...thats like Herschel Walker to the Vikings for 452 no. 1 draft picks

back to reality... the astros baisicly gave up billy wagner so they could make a run for pettite, whose wife wanted him to sign with one of the texas teams (pettite lives in texas). pettite won 21 games last year, and with 149 career wins in just 9 seasons, and if the astros continue to stay competitive, he looks to be on his way to a possiable 300... if he can stay healthy, which hasn't been an issue thus far in his career. looks to be a great pickup for the 'stros... but i still think they need to get younger... bigg & bags are gettin' up there in age.

Last edited:
For money purposes only, Dodgers should just put Brown on irr. waivers ala Money Ramirez.
Do they want Weaver pitching in Dodger Stadium...he'll get mega-whiplash watching shots fly towards bleachers.

yeah, it's easier to pitch for the tigers and have nobody expect anything from you then it is in nyc where every move on the mound is under the microscope. he's not a bad pitcher.

As what appears to be the only Yankees fan in Interland, I am so depressed about Andy Pettitte leaving the team that not even the Paris Match picture of Bono on a bed can cheer me up right now.

George has gone back to being George...a total jackass.

Andy Pettitte was THE money pitcher on the Yankees during our latest championship run.

Damn you, George! :mad:

I think Weaver's problem isn't NY as much as ballparks where the ball carries (It dies in Comerica park, so his numbers were decent).
I think he'll be just as awful in Dodger blue, but we shall see.

Back
Top Bottom