Andy Barker, P.I.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ylimeU2

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Has anyone else seen this? I happened to catch it for the first time last night and thought it was hilarious.

Andy Richter plays an accountant turned private eye and from I saw, just sort of fumbles around with a totally unqualified crew of people and still manages to solve cases.

I caught in the credits last night that Conan O'Brien was a producer. Don't know much else about it, though. If you follow it, how long has it been on and is Thursday night on NBC its usual time?

I already got the whole season on iTunes.......
My tv intake now consists of 24, 30 Rock, Grey's Anatomy, Daily Show and now Andy Barker PI......it's THAT good. Best line ever: "Hey listen up hippie, you take orders from me not from Charlie Manson!"

I was a little disappointed in the first episode and forgot to watch it last night.

EdgeVox, have you watched future episodes? Does it get better?

I'm still bitter that Fox cancelled the awesomely hilarious "Andy Richter Controls the Universe." Andy Richter needs something that offbeat and hilarious again.

I ended up getting the pilot on iTunes. It got better, I think. Although, I did enjoy it, I can see why it might have been a little disappointing. I've seen the first three now and each one is better then the last.

The chicken one is hilarious! :lmao:

corianderstem said:
I was a little disappointed in the first episode and forgot to watch it last night.

EdgeVox, have you watched future episodes? Does it get better?

I'm still bitter that Fox cancelled the awesomely hilarious "Andy Richter Controls the Universe." Andy Richter needs something that offbeat and hilarious again.

Yes it does, the show works because it's not a flat out slapstick spoof of detective shows (Police Squad or Reno 911); the mysteries and cases aren't slapdash they're somewhat involving. I find them very very entertaining and hilarious; and yes this is from someone who owns all 3 seasons of Arrested Development the funniest show of all time.

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

NBC Cancels Andy Barker, P.I.
Source: Variety
April 9, 2007

NBC has pulled Conan O'Brien's critically adored midseason comedy "Andy Barker, P.I." from its Thursday slot effective immediately. It will be replaced by "Scrubs," which had been set to inherit the 9:30 p.m. timeslot April 19.

NBC has been streaming and selling all six produced episodes of "Andy" for several weeks now. This week it will also air the skein's final two episodes in network TV's death slot, Saturday from 8 to 9.

O'Brien, Jonathan Groff, Jeff Ross and David Kissinger executive produced "Andy," which starred Andy Richter as a CPA-turned-private eye.

:angry:

Figures. I finally find a show I really like and they go and cancel it. :angry:

NBC can't keep all of these amazing, low-rated shows. At least 30 Rock is staying for another season.

That being said, I loved Andy Barker while it lasted :sad:

Back
Top Bottom