andrew wk...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screaming Flower

ONE love, blood, life
...bites my irish ass. i don't understand the hype. i'm always reading about how great he is and i think be blows. i'm watching that lame party hard video and he should be careful because he's going to give himself a neck injury. blargh.

Yes indeed, all that rawking seems to have given him a brain haemmorage. That's what you can see dribbling from his nose on the album cover.

No wonder the UK press love him.

------------------
You know some songs sound like ones by Frank Sinatra
But there's no place like... NOO YAWK

yeah that nose bleed pic makes me want to vomit.

sicy he's lame. he's not worth knowing about.

The Andrew WK hype mystifies me as well. I never thought anyone could be trashier than Kid Rock, yet I think Andrew WK has surpassed him (but the engagement to Pam Anderson DOES give Kid Rock a fighting chance). Ick. And how many white t-shirts and pairs of pale blue jeans does that guy own? I don't think I've ever seen him wear anything else.

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Originally posted by meegannie:
The Andrew WK hype mystifies me as well. I never thought anyone could be trashier than Kid Rock, yet I think Andrew WK has surpassed him (but the engagement to Pam Anderson DOES give Kid Rock a fighting chance). Ick. And how many white t-shirts and pairs of pale blue jeans does that guy own? I don't think I've ever seen him wear anything else.

Much like Sicy, I have no idea who the hell this guy is. But my argument is this.

No one can surpass the white trash level of this man:

kid.rock.ama.abc_ftr.jpg

Kid Rock: Yeah, nobody out white trashes me!

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

This guy scares me! Anyone else see him on SNL? I think I'd rather listen to Yoko Ono!

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

He truly disgusts me. That Party Hard video and album cover make me want to put on a N'Stink cd...*almost*.

And for those of you who wonder why I am single, chew on this: both Andrew WK and Kid Rock are from Michigan.

------------------
Do you have an opinion, a mind of your own?
I thought you were special, I thought you should know

i feel better to know that i am not the only one who thinks he blows. i read some article that was worshipping him saying he was the savior of rock and i just did not get it. i saw him on snl too. i thought both of those lame-ass songs he played sounded exactly the same. and april after reading your post i feel the need to apologize on behalf of humanity. that is no good.

*send april a box of cute chicago boys

Oh, I can see why he is hailed in some circles. It's the temper of the times - nihilism.

------------------
You know some songs sound like ones by Frank Sinatra
But there's no place like... NOO YAWK

Originally posted by Lilly:
Much like Sicy, I have no idea who the hell this guy is. But my argument is this.

No one can surpass the white trash level of this man:

kid.rock.ama.abc_ftr.jpg

Kid Rock: Yeah, nobody out white trashes me!

You have to admit, though, that this comes pretty close:
972-22202-15152.jpg

andrewwkoct01_L.jpg

Andrew WK: I'm so rock n' roll that I punch myself in the face until I BLEED!!! Rrrrrroooooaaaarrrr!! Party Hard!!

(I'm not posting the cover shot here because it's too gross.)

That SNL episode was seriously painful. The Rock AND Andrew WK? I couldn't handle it.

Oh, and for all you masochists out there, you can watch the video for "Party Hard" at http://www.awkworld.com/ .

Note: I found this site while I was looking for pictures. I do not in any way endorse it.

------------------
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Originally posted by meegannie:

(I'm not posting the cover shot here because it's too gross.)

...and somebody beat me to it.

Did they end up banning that cover in the US? Has it even been released here yet? I know there were some questions about it because some people thought it was a cocaine reference. Eh, I read too much NME.com news.

------------------

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
And Eminem.

Isn't Madonna from Michigan too?

But the White Stripes are a great Michigan export!
smile.gif

------------------

Andrew who?!?

Over here in Europe he's a nobody - and from the looks of this thread, it better stay that way.

over here even the critics frown upon his "music"

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I've never heard of him till now, and I'd like to return to the happy state of ignorance in which I was 5 minute ago.

Originally posted by U2girl:
Andrew who?!?

Over here in Europe he's a nobody - and from the looks of this thread, it better stay that way.

I think he is in the US too
wink.gif
Well apparently not since he is from michigan i guess. I had never heard of him until i saw him on SNL last saturday. He was so messed up. LIke he was thrasing around on stage and wearing bad 80's clothes. Just all around his movements were very very odd. Really bad performance (well in my opinion anyway).

Originally posted by U2morrow:
I think he is in the US too
wink.gif
Well apparently not since he is from michigan i guess. I had never heard of him until i saw him on SNL last saturday. He was so messed up. LIke he was thrasing around on stage and wearing bad 80's clothes. Just all around his movements were very very odd. Really bad performance (well in my opinion anyway).

I think the only place he's even semi-well-known (too many hyphens, I know, but I love them) is in the UK.

------------------

I am with all of you on this one- I cant stand his music, here in Australia I think that one of the DJs on one of our national radio stations JJJ really likes him as I first heard Party Hard back at the end of last year and I just thought 'what a piece of crap', now the guy does have tanlent, I saw an interview with him just last Saturday and he can play the piano very well, but his style of music is just disgusting, does anybody else think that it kinda resembles bad 80s new wave rock?????

Anyway I dont like his musical style, sounds to 80sish for me
smile.gif

I saw his CD at Target last night (nevr heard of him before I read this yesterday afternoon) - and it had a black wax mark covering the bloody nose picture on the CD plastic covering.

I bought his CD and you're all missing out. I think its hillarious that he wears the same clothes everywhere I've seen him (tv, magazines, album, etc.). He's a man of the people I say and you all are out of touch.

;p

Its awesome rock!

When it's time to party we will party hard

You,
You work all night (all night)
And when you work you don't feel all right
And we,
We can't stop feeling all right (all right)
And everything is all right

'Cos we will never listen to your rules (no)
We will never do what others do
Do what we want and we get it from you
Do what we like and we like what we do

So let's get a party going (let's get a party going)
Now it's time to party and we'll party hard (party hard)
Let's get a party going (let's get a party going)
When it's time to party we will always party hard
Party hard (party hard, party hard, party hard...)

All right
You,
You break the thing
And when you play you feel all right
But we,
We can't stop feeling all right (all right)
And everything is all right

'Cos we will never listen to your rules (no)
We will never do what others do
Know what we want and we get it from you
We do what we like and we like what we do

So let's get a party going (let's get a party going)
Now it's time to party and we'll party hard (party hard)
Let's get a party going (let's get a party going)
When it's time to party we will always party hard
Party hard (party hard, party hard, party hard...)

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

[This message has been edited by Flying FuManchu (edited 04-18-2002).]

I assumed he was a UK export (until somebody here said that he was from Michigan), being that I first became aware of him upon seeing that he was included on 'Q' Magazine's "best of 2001" CD. (Britain's more prestigious equivalent to our Rolling Stone Magazine).

To sound another note of defense, I thought that SNL appearance was a riot! Clearly, this guy is puttin' us on. I mean, how often do you get to see a hard rocker be this intentionally goofy? Usually, they like to posture for the audience, either trying to show how sexy or how tough they are. not this guy. He's pure slapstick!

as far as both he and Kid Rock being from Michigan.. must be something in the water.. they supposedly have lots of those wacko militia groups living there too. (no offense meant to the 'normal' Michigan folk, which I'm sure are in the majority.. right??
wink.gif
)

Its a matter of perspective. You'll enjoy the album more if you have the proper perspective of what he does. Besides its fun music to boot. Party music. Hahahaha.

I mean the above lyrucs are genius...

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

[This message has been edited by Flying FuManchu (edited 04-18-2002).]

k i just downloaded that song.. to hear it.

It kinda sucks.. but not extremely.. I guess the video must be worse.

Back
Top Bottom