ANDREW BIRD "Armchair Apocrypha" - Mindlbowing Album (where have I been?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevation2u

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
seriously, where have I been??? For a while I was stuck in Arcade Fire's Neon Bible and Bright Eye's Cassadaga, 2 albums I was quite looking forward to and I liked them but where not as spectacular others made it seem. OK, I digress..also I', drunk, so bear with me, but ANdre fuckign Bird's Armchair Apocrypha is perhaps the most brilliant album, full of folky flavor, violins, lovely whistles, greats rhythms, and the lyrics!! the lyrics!!! it almsot puts Neon Bible to shame, seriosuly, this album is one of the greatest things I've heard in 2007, you should take a listen.
2007 Looking forward to bjork, wilco, ryan bloody adams...e tc..

ok, sorry, what happened with the band index? i looked for it, no luck,

conan is on leno, it's so weird, weird guest
hahahiaHBASHASHAHHAHAHA

:lmao:

Ah somebody is going to regret this in the morning.......

Anyway top album, there is a recent thread somewhere though:hmm:

(I agree it is better than Neon Bible)

i made one and no one posted in it.

proves that interference consists of nothing but crappy douchebags.

U2Man said:

Pot, meet the kettle. :angry:

U2Man said:

I'd get on ya about insulting other members, but you're a member here as well, so I guess you're including yourself in that statement anyway.

41Qf9mAlPiL._SS500_.jpg

this puts Neon Bible & Cassadaga to shame
seriously.

anyone who wandered into this post,
who hasn't yet heard it,
give this a listen

i was trying to get people here to care about andrew bird about 2 years ago and it didn't really have much of an effect. i like the album.. like his previous ones more though at this point.

I saw him on Friday night. The set heavily centered on material off the new album, which was fine but I was looking forward to tracks from previous albums, especially MPOE. He was amaaaazing. And hot damn did the Bird/Dosh collaborations on Imitosis and Simple X ever put the album versions to shame. Dosh is a genius :heart:

Aaand I requested Dr. Stringz after the encore and he played it :love:

got_edge said:
He better add more US dates :grumpy:

You will get your chance to see him one day, got_edge :pray:

elevation2u said:

this puts Neon Bible & Cassadaga to shame
seriously.

anyone who wandered into this post,
who hasn't yet heard it,
give this a listen

even the new Kaiser Chiefs, that sucks, puts Cassadaga to shame

this new Andrew Bird is good, but Patrick Wolfs kicks its ass

I'm only really into about half of this album, but I've played those six songs nearly 100 times already (says my last.fm). I plan on checking out some of his earlier work when I have a little more money to buy CDs.

To all those unfamiliar with his older material:

Remember that swing revival from a few years ago? Well, Andy was in Squirrel Nut Zippers :giggle:

His next project was with the Bowl of Fire. They released 3 full albums: The Swimming Hour, Thrills, and Oh! The Grandeur. Thrills is the best :up: :up:

Solo albums include: Music of Hair, Weather Systems (contains first recordings of Imitosis and Skin Is, My) and the 2 recent releases of Mysterious Production of Eggs and Armchair Apocrypha. So if you're a big fan of Armchair I suggest you get its predecessor which is even awesomer.
And let's not forget the 3 Fingerlings albums... [1], [2], [3].

Can we merge all the threads and change the name to: Andrew Bird is my baby's daddy? Thanks!

U2Man = newbie

U2Man said:
no, i'm probably the only exception.

The irony is that Skeek had a thread about him long before you...meaning, you are no exception to your rule! :kiss:

I have been enjoying the album! I got to see him a few months ago before the album was released.

But I alredy said this in the other thread.

All these extra thread would not be as big of a problem if Bonochick didn't go and break things. :madwife: :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom