And the USA today mid season MVP is......... - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2002, 04:36 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

Drew attended Boston 3..
Drew has sexiness
Well Drew has intelligence too, since he knew enough to avoid Boston 4

Aw........

Old 11-04-2002, 09:18 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Well you can't pin that loss on Bledsoe, he played pretty well, and had no help, a few key dropped passes, a kicker who couldn't kick one into Lake Erie from the shoreline, and an assinine coaching decision to punt at teh Pats' 32 yard line on 4th and 2 in 17-7 game sealed the Bills' fate. With everything clicking the Bills would still have lost yesterday, but lost a close one. The Pats are much more talented as a whole right now. If Buffalo drafts well over the next 2 yrs (both lines should be priority), they can quickly be a real contender with their current group of skill players, but they don't have the beef they need in the trenches as yet. With a pretty difficult remaining schedule, I think Buffalo will wind up 7-9 or 8-8, respectable. The Pats have only one game left where they'll likely be underdogs (at Oakland), and if they have their sh*t together as they looked to yesterday, they should end up 10-6, probably winning the division unless Ray Lucas turns into the second coming of Steve Young (not bloody likely).

Old 11-04-2002, 09:31 PM   #48
Refugee

Local Time: 11:47 AM
hewson

do you really think it's the draft that makes or breaks them???

I think if they make some key free agent acquisitions...they should be good.

One corner, 1-2 linebackers, and a lineman

the offensive line is young 1 rookie and 2 second year players...I don't think they are bad..just inexperienced. if they come together...I think it's a solid team. Also you have to admit the blocking packages yesterday sucked. They got out coached.
Old 11-04-2002, 11:25 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:47 AM

Terrell Owens is the only NFL player who is talented enough to score a touchdown and sign an autograph at the same time. He is also able to play the game with a pen tucked in his sock. He is the MVP of all time. He is my hero. I love the NFL.

~U2Alabama
Old 11-05-2002, 06:55 AM   #50
The Fly

Local Time: 04:47 AM

Brett Favre should be the damn MVP, did anyone see the Packers kill the fish last night?
Old 11-05-2002, 08:10 AM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Arun V
hewson

do you really think it's the draft that makes or breaks them???

I think if they make some key free agent acquisitions...they should be good.
Free agency depends a lot on their salary cap situation, and with Bledsoe's # I doubt they haev tons of flexibility...so I think their future lies moreso in the draft.
But I see plenty of reason to be optimistic in Buffalo for the next few years.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:15 AM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by little boy blue
Brett Favre should be the damn MVP, did anyone see the Packers kill the fish last night?
Yeah and Favre was 16-25, 187 yds, 1 int and 1 TD.
Green Bay's defense won the game.
There's a long way to go determining NFL MVP, I think Bledsoe will drop out due to Bufalo's tough schedule, and it will come down to a few players:
Favre
Priest Holmes
Garcia
Faulk
Tommy Maddox (Don't laugh)
McNabb
Old 11-05-2002, 09:32 AM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:47 AM
Until Drew learns to scramble and run for yardage when needed, the Bills will not have much longevity..
To be an effective QB you gotta scramble and learn to run like a mofo when needed
Otherwise you end up looking predictable w cellulite on your ass like Jim Kelly..

DB9
Old 11-05-2002, 10:26 AM   #54
Refugee

Quote:
Until Drew learns to scramble and run for yardage when needed, the Bills will not have much longevity..
To be an effective QB you gotta scramble and learn to run like a mofo when needed
Otherwise you end up looking predictable w cellulite on your ass like Jim Kelly..

DB9
well you either need good pass protection or the ability to scramble...drews immobility hasn't been a liabilty yet. And remember in january a weather tested arm like bledsoe is worth more than scrambling ability. esp in buffalo...which at least the second hardest place to play in the NFL weather wise..if not number 1.

I have to admit favre played injured and I was impressed with him despite his mediocre stats

I am really impressed with the packers. They played a crippled miami....but still...they were fierce.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:08 AM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I beg to differ here...what Drew needs to perfect (and he has worked on it from what I've seen this season) is the ability to buy a little time in the pocket much the way Dan Marino used to. Marino was perhaps the slowest afoot QB in history (Marino in Italian translates to Escargot in french ), but Dan had the ability to take little hop steps in the pocket to avoid the rush and buy himself time, and was quite an effective QB as all his NFL records can prove.

Certainly the ability to scramble helps, but its posible to be a dominant NFL Qb without it.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:26 AM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson

Certainly the ability to scramble helps, but its posible to be a dominant NFL Qb without it.
How many superbowls did Moreno win?
My point was winning it all..
You have to be a "jack of all trades" QB to win the big one..
DB9
Old 11-05-2002, 01:32 PM   #57
Refugee

well it wasn't marinos fault that miami had a crappy defense and no running game until he left. If he had those things..he'd have a ring.

john elway has some rings....sure he scrambled...but not in his later years when he actualy won those superbowls.

Montana was a pocket passer.

and in steve youngs hey day...he only got one ring due to the dominance of dallas during those days. troy aikman..another pocket passer

And brady is more mobile than bledsoe...but your telling me he's as mobile as Vick, or mcnabb???

in short qb motility doesn't matter that much pocket prescence is the most important thing.
Old 11-05-2002, 02:23 PM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal

Quote:
well it wasn't marinos fault that miami had a crappy defense and no running game until he left. If he had those things..he'd as mobile as Vick, or mcnabb???

in short qb motility doesn't matter that much pocket prescence is the most important thing.
ok i will agree w that
however
the qbs that scramble and run when need to are much better to watch..
Old 11-05-2002, 02:58 PM   #59
Refugee

Quote:

ok i will agree w that
however
the qbs that scramble and run when need to are much better to watch..

agreed which is why when doug flutie was in buffalo...they should have released rob johnson instead.

neither of them were franchise qbs but flutie was sooo much more fun to watch.

my fave play is the naked bootleg. I wish more qb's would do it.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:23 PM   #60
us3
The Fly

Local Time: 02:47 AM
Quote:

and in steve youngs hey day...he only got one ring due to the dominance of dallas during those days. troy aikman..another pocket passer

Do not forget the salary cap! The cowboys via the walker trade got a plethora of draft choices that became stars. Good coaching and scouting plus they were under contract for several years.

the 49ers on the other hand were pretty much over from the get go, due their paying top dollar prior to the cap era.

I've always admired Steve Y for sticking around. In '90 or 91, Oakland was hot after him. Young's agent rec. that he go to Oakland, more $, out of the Montana shadow etc. He said no, and stuck it out. Fans here pretty much denigrated him, blamed for losses etc. The Joe shadow was huge. When they finally won in 94-95. The SJose merc ran the headline “Joe Who!” on the front page.

In short if Joe were "healthy" in the early 90's I do not think he would have been any more successful than Steve, even though he is a better QB than Steve.