and another 2004 World Junior Hockey Championship thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salome

you are what you is
drag stuff from that other thread into this one and you will regret if it means me having to whine to every admin around for the next 4 years

A nice graphic from the CBC site!

worldjuniors_usgold040105.jpg

Congratulations to USA Hockey. Way to represent the star and stripes! It is really too bad I have to go to CBC.CA to find decent coverage!

carter_paille040105.jpg

Parise was named the MVP of the tourney! and the next year's tourney to be held in Grand Forks, ND....Parise's home ice right now (University of North Dakota). :up:

Pinball Wizard said:
So Salome,

Just to clarify... are you suggesting that proper hockey is Field Hockey? The bastard son of Lacrosse?

:sexywink:

*Cries foul

I think this constitutes carry-over from the other thread!

Viva lacrosse!

Yes, I can't believe I started a thread which ended up like that! Please don't blame me. It wasn't my fault! :reject:

By the way, Chiz - not to be a "drag", but you still haven't replied to my reply in the playoff thread you dug up the other day! tsk, tsk.

Oh, I forgot to add this in the other thread (so it's not actually any carry over, technically)...

The only real bright spot in this game for me was the play of American player Ryan Kesler, who is owned by the Canucks. It should be a great boost for him to have scored the game tying goal. Hopefully, he does things like that for Vancouver in the near future, as well.

Michael Griffiths said:
who is owned by the Canucks.

thats how awesome the canucks are.
they rob people of personhood.

after grand forks, the wjc comes back to canada in 06. hopefully either toronto or ottawa, both of which i purchased preliminary refundable ticket packages for.

When I first read "Grand Forks" in a recent article for next year's World Juniors, I immediately thought it was Grand Forks, BC! That would have been cool.

I can't believe how many people are down on team Canada for having such a "bad" tournament for only winning a silver medal. Coming into today's final, Canada outscored all opponents 32-5! At the end of it all, they've outscored everyone 35-9. Dominating to say the least. Not taking anything away from the US, but they got two lucky goals - one of which was just freakish - and still people here complain? This country needs a new religion other than hockey, methinks. Ah, but I love it.

Last edited:
I don't really want to "drag" anything from the last topic, but what exactly is "proper hockey"?

I don't think there's anything proper about field hockey...proper hockey to me is ice hockey!

Well, yes, but you're Canadian. Field hockey is a much older sport, so it did come first. I don't know if that makes it proper though. I prefer ice hockey. The two games are totally different. The only similarity is both involve sticks, a goal, and an object to shoot with the stick into the goal.

Hey...remember when we used to throw rocks at each other just for fun? Man those were the good old days, but I hate how they took the fun out of it and called it NFL football!

That may look like it doesn't have any point at all, but I assure you that there is.....and it is....

Even if I am a Canadian, and there is a game called field hockey that is "basically" the same as REAL hockey. That doesn't make it "proper" hockey.

Fair enough. It's all a matter of opinion, isn't it. I'm sure the Indian National Team would consider field hockey to be the only true proper version of hockey, and ice hockey a bastardization. Of course, they're wrong. (Ice) hockey is unique. I believe it's the greatest game in the world, and many people who've played some or all of the major sports (including hockey, plus any number of the following - football, baseball, basketball, etc) tend to agree.

A notice to you all so that there is clarity: I will abstain from this thread from now on now that you all hate me, but I will keep an eye on it. :)

I don't hate you, DaveC.

(Note: That does not mean I agree with DaveC's position on the former matter, which shall go unnamed for the purposes of Salome's stipulation.)

Sliding down a slippery slope,
Mikey

You're not slipping down any slope Griff....it'snot like you will get banned because you mentioned DaveC in your post.

Dave...no one here hates you, just your sig at the moment...which I think it stupid even if it does anger people.

Anyway...I try not to drag....but you know how it goes.

Oh yeah...I should have some International Juniors content....ummmmm.....how about that hit the other game....guy went to the freaking hospital!

Michael Griffiths said:
I don't hate you, DaveC.

(Note: That does not mean I agree with DaveC's position on the former matter, which shall go unnamed for the purposes of Salome's stipulation.)

Sliding down a slippery slope,
Mikey

In the garage of our hearts, you are the all-purpose tool.

Don't ever change McGriff.

:sexywink:

Edgeman said:
Hey...remember when we used to throw rocks at each other just for fun? Man those were the good old days, but I hate how they took the fun out of it and called it NFL football!
NFL football?
isn't that the whiney cousin of proper rugby?

Salome said:
NFL football?
isn't that the whiney cousin of proper rugby?

Rugby! Now there's a sport! Can't go wrong with a dozon or so blokes per side crashing into each other without pads on. Rugby truly is a man's sport if I can be so bold to say it.

Oh and Salome...you attempt to be funny was lost when you said rugby...nice try though.

Well whatever.. Proudly Canadian of the boys for the Silver .. to bad it was not Gold.. but they represented Canada well and I am proud of that.. it's tough to lose but hold your heads high boys..

Back
Top Bottom