An Obviously Fake eBay Item!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh and in case this gets taken down before you can look at it, here's the text description:

Matt ?The Simpsons? Groening?s autographs are very rare in the world of collecting! Even more rare are original sketches by ?The Groenster? as fans refer to him! So, imagine the look on my face when I was handed this piece of Original Artwork which is dated 9/11/02 - yes, the day when the Twin Towers of the World trade Centre came tragically crashing down.

The person who gave me this sketch at a collector's meet, for the purpose of selling on Ebay, told me that ?Matt Groening drew this feverishly on 9/11 as he watched the planes thump over and over again into the concrete face of the WTC.

Tears rolling down his waxy, bearded face, he reached for his worn-down graphite pencil and began to draw. All the anxiety and sorrow he felt came pouring out of him in the two minutes it took him to draw this sketch. The smudges on the drawing are said to be caused by his tears.

Matt?s drawing style isn?t quite like the ?house? style employed by ?The Simpsons? and ?Futurama?, as you will notice from details like Bart?s extended overbite. If it ain?t got two arms and a big overbite, then it ain't Matt Groening!?

The origin of this picture is indeed dubious, but I choose to believe that story. This guy knew his stuff. He then proceeded to add that he thought this picture was the 'Best. Picture. Ever.', effortly paraphrasing my favorite Simpsons character, Comic Book Guy!

The drawing features favorite characters such as Bart, Homer, Marge, Lisa and Maggie Simpson! A very special must have for any Simpsons fan.

Good Luck and happy bidding! Winner pays P+P.

UPDATE: I have since been informed that the Twin Towers collapsed in 2001, not 2002.

LOL!

Melon

I can't believe this

is this for real?

are people actually bidding on this?

no?

*goes to bid*

:lmao:

okay, and I've got an original sketch of Charlie Brown and Snoopy...does it matter that its by Charles Schlitz??

Attachments

• cs1.jpg
    cs1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
that was the first thing i noticed too. even if it was drawn by him, the picture is dated 9/11/02. him correcting it in the text of his description doesn't make it valid.

Look at all the bidders names and The Simpsons is spelt The Simpons

it'd suck for the high bidder if they didn't take it down...

"Current bid GBP 10,000,000.00 (approx. US $16,082,999.71 )"

:ohmy:

duh...with the only money that matters in these parts

zoo_dollar-front.jpg
X 20,000,000

daisybean said:
duh...with the only money that matters in these parts

zoo_dollar-front.jpg
X 20,000,000

hmmm :hmm:

twenty million zoo dollars...I'll have to deposit that in my off-shore account.

you're too funny daisy :yes: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom