An Intervention - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2003, 12:46 PM   #76
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by cujo
Avsgirl could be the nicest looking goalie ever... even better than Jose Theodore!

*cujo is pelted maliciously by French Canadian women*

... what else is new?

:blush:

Actually, I don't know what I was thinking...of course I shall try out for goalie. To have ultimate control over the Avs defense...especially certain young Czechs...ahhhh.

Plus, I'd sell alot of posters.

Old 06-20-2003, 12:48 PM   #77
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
I honestly don't know who was better, him or Gretzky...but I'd probably take Gretzky cause Gretzky always had the X factor, always pulled the rabit out of the hat somehow. But on pure talent, Lemieux is by far the best ever. There, I said it. Now scat!
I can't tell, cujo, this this a step forward or a step back?

Does this mean you'll be shipping poor Miss Gretzkyvitch back?

Old 06-20-2003, 01:17 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41

I can't tell, cujo, this this a step forward or a step back?

Does this mean you'll be shipping poor Miss Gretzkyvitch back?
LOL, all I can say at this point is the english translation of "Lemieux" is "the best". Am I on my way to being converted? It would be like switching religions! But that has been known to happen, so you never know...but then I'd simply be replacing one addiction with another. AvsGirl, rescue me from this bottomless pit! From this mirrored, myriad world of never ending trappings! Sweep me away from the lovely Gretzkyvitch! (BTW, Cujo was right about the goalie comment...and don't tell Gretzkyvictch this, but you are much better looking )

Ah, I feel I'm well on my road to recovery...(Gretzky tapes notwithstanding of course )
Old 06-20-2003, 03:22 PM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:28 PM
Sounds good Michael...

Maybe Lemieux wouldn't have been hampered with so many injuries and ailments... if he decided to stop smoking.

You've moved onto Stage 3: (which is the foundation for Step 3, deconstructing Michael Griffiths)

Bartering:
"Oh my addiction isn't that bad... I can even watch other players, see... and even make statements about how they might be even better than my favorite. I can live without Gretzky yeah!!! (speech inhibited by constant shaking, as if going through chemical withdrawal).

Let the healing continue.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:57 PM   #80
New Yorker

Quote:

LOL, all I can say at this point is the english translation of "Lemieux" is "the best". Am I on my way to being converted? It would be like switching religions! But that has been known to happen, so you never know...but then I'd simply be replacing one addiction with another. AvsGirl, rescue me from this bottomless pit! From this mirrored, myriad world of never ending trappings! Sweep me away from the lovely Gretzkyvitch! (BTW, Cujo was right about the goalie comment...and don't tell Gretzkyvictch this, but you are much better looking )

Ah, I feel I'm well on my road to recovery...(Gretzky tapes notwithstanding of course )
:blush:

Cujo is the head of the Hockey Healing program. While he is the president, he is also a member. It's all in the screen name, right cujo? You understand his pain. Wait, I just let another secret slip!

Can it work between us? Two Western Conference rivals? Things could get heated during play-offs, but it could be quite sexy.

I can probably help with your intervention, as I do have a dislike for Gretzky--not neccessarily as a player, but because he's a Czech basher and singled out my boy during the Olympics. My love for Martin Skoula comes before Hall of Fame adulation. I am a shallow puck bunny at heart.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:31 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:28 AM
Yeah, I can tell Cujo is a recovering addict...that's why he had to head to Detroit and "get away from it all". He just couldn't handle the pressure in T.O. That's okay, though. We've helped him through this dark time. Having a support group like this is a win win for all of us who need someone to lean on.

And, yes, it can definitely work between us! The more friction, the better. The tighter the race in the West, the more exciting I say! I really do hope we meet in the playoffs

So, what did Wayne say about Skoula? I remember him saying something about the liberties everyone was taking with team Canada, and then everyone in the press got fueled up over it...ah, good old Wayne...I mean, BAD old Wayne! Ah, good riddence, I say.

PS. Puck Bunnies are the best!
Old 06-21-2003, 01:36 PM   #82
New Yorker

Quote:
Yeah, I can tell Cujo is a recovering addict...that's why he had to head to Detroit and "get away from it all". He just couldn't handle the pressure in T.O. That's okay, though. We've helped him through this dark time. Having a support group like this is a win win for all of us who need someone to lean on.

And, yes, it can definitely work between us! The more friction, the better. The tighter the race in the West, the more exciting I say! I really do hope we meet in the playoffs

So, what did Wayne say about Skoula? I remember him saying something about the liberties everyone was taking with team Canada, and then everyone in the press got fueled up over it...ah, good old Wayne...I mean, BAD old Wayne! Ah, good riddence, I say.

PS. Puck Bunnies are the best!
It is nice being a puck bunny, we never need intervention. Our obsession can just be waved off as typical "girl stuff."

Yes, a Vancouver-Colorado match would be very sweet indeed. Dirty hits, trash talking, bloody noses, unbearable tension. And that will just be on the board!

I wish I could remember what Gretzky said about Skoula. I went and dug through the Denver Post site but the archives don't go back to the Olympics, apparently. I know it involved Skoula supposedly spearing Theo Fleury in the last minute or so in the game--Fleury was well into the goalie crease though and several Czechs were poking at him. I think it turned out the spear/slash Gretzky was referring too was actually delivered by someone else. I do remember Skoula being singled out, but maybe Gretzky didn't name him. Denver sports analysts would probably just love to claim that he did!
Old 06-22-2003, 01:07 AM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It was a definite spear, I remember it... Czech Republic vs. Canada, the final game of the round robin. I don't remember Fleury being in the crease... he was pushed out and then a certain player gutted him with his stick. Even though Theoren probably deserved it for being such a bastard, it was still an illegal and vicious check. Shame Shame.

PS- Detroit in 2004.

All of you will feel the wrath.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:54 AM   #84
New Yorker

Quote:
It was a definite spear, I remember it... Czech Republic vs. Canada, the final game of the round robin. I don't remember Fleury being in the crease... he was pushed out and then a certain player gutted him with his stick. Even though Theoren probably deserved it for being such a bastard, it was still an illegal and vicious check. Shame Shame.

PS- Detroit in 2004.

Eh. Anything my boy does is cool with me.

Still, I never thought Gretzky needed to get up on his soapbox about it. It certainly didn't make or break Team Canada's chances!

I don't care who wins in 2004, as long as it's not the Devils or the Stars.
Old 06-22-2003, 02:01 AM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41
It certainly didn't make or break Team Canada's chances!
Actually a lot of Canadians think that Wayne's little filibuster against the media... and the anti-Canadian sentiments in the hockey world... was instrumental in taking pressure off of the Team. If only he did that before Game One... things would have been different... and sooooo much better!

Help me.
Old 06-22-2003, 02:22 AM   #86
New Yorker

Quote:

Actually a lot of Canadians think that Wayne's little filibuster against the media... and the anti-Canadian sentiments in the hockey world... was instrumental in taking pressure off of the Team. If only he did that before Game One... things would have been different... and sooooo much better!

Help me.
But you won gold! The team was built to win gold! How could things have gone better?

I heard the entire Czech Republic was super pissed at Canada for what they saw as an anti-Czech sentiment--apparently some beer commercial didn't help. This was according to some guy in Pilsen I was talking to at the time, he could have been exaggerating.

Anti-Canadian sentiments in the hockey would...
Old 06-27-2003, 02:22 PM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

PS- Detroit in 2004.

<---Red Wings puck bunny

I can't believe I just read this whole thread! If there's any way I can help with the intervention, let me know.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:14 PM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl
Red Wings puck bunny
Nice. The more the better I say

Instructions to your intervention procedures will be sent to you in the near future Zsa Zsa.

cujo.
Clandestine Manwhore.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:04 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Help me.

i feel you may be beyond the point of aid.

you're on your own.

lilly
vermillion vamp
Old 06-28-2003, 01:06 PM   #90
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:28 PM
<--- Red Wings Puckbunny as well