An Intervention

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Avsgirl could be the nicest looking goalie ever... even better than Jose Theodore!

*cujo is pelted maliciously by French Canadian women*

... what else is new?

:sexywink:

:shrug:

Ok fine, you can be my bodyguard too LMPA.

I just thought you wouldn't want to deal with my stalkers... i.e. Michael... and seeing as MVD will have her NASCAR experience in crowd dispersal, she's the perfect fit for the job.

Any other applicants?

I don't, please elaborate for the sake of ignorant whores like myself.

It somewhat disturbs me that I end up using the sexy wink in the sports forum moreso than any other place.

Oh, I always do a good job.

Except with Michael's therapy...

Oh no! He's gotten into his stash of ProStars Cereal again... looks like we're back to step 1.

And to think, we were already at step 2.

Normally there are twelve arduous steps to Gretzaholic freedom... but in Michael's case we have to break him down to a child like hockey mentality... one close to the level of zonelistener; and then through several indoctrinating *ahem* healing visual barrages *ahem* suggestions... we might finally have the cure.

The first step is the worst... I think Michael can attest to that, having gone through it before.

But as no one as my witness, I will win this battle of Weaning Michael of Wayning.

Now, let's get going. Cold Turkey Griffey. Cold freakin' Turkey.

You're so smart MVD.

Will you be my bodyguard?

I can call you Al.

You can call me Betty.

Oh, Cujo, I have depressing news...I ordered those Oilers' Stanley Cup winning games (all 4 with Gretzky), and they'll be here around mid July. I won't be able to stop myself from watching each, individual one....I may pace myself though: intstead of watching all of them at once, I'll try and spread it out over an entire 4 days, one per night. It will be like my little treat before I go to bed...you know, just a relaxant, nothing more. Besides, a Gretzky tape *cough* an Oilers tape a day is harmless...no?

Oh, forgot to add...I have some positive news as well! :wink: Two nights ago, I saw The Life and Times of Mario Lemieux on CBC. It was GREAT. Prepare all of yourselves for a mighty statement: I've always debated this in my own mind, but after watching that program, I sincerely believe Mario Lemieux was more talented than Wayne Gretzky. He was SCARY good in his prime, and even in junior. He scored 133 goals in his last season in junior! The game in which he broke Guy Lafleur's record, he scored 6 goals! The things he could do on the ice with the puck were mad, I mean *mad*. He started having back problems right at the very beginning of his career, even in junior...and they got really bad in the late 80s early 90s...yet he still dominated and won scoring titles and MVPs. The guy was unreal, and I have sooo much respect for him. I honestly don't know who was better, him or Gretzky...but I'd probably take Gretzky cause Gretzky always had the X factor, always pulled the rabit out of the hat somehow. But on pure talent, Lemieux is by far the best ever. There, I said it. Now scat! :wink:

cujo said:
Avsgirl could be the nicest looking goalie ever... even better than Jose Theodore!

*cujo is pelted maliciously by French Canadian women*

... what else is new?

:flirt: :blush:

Actually, I don't know what I was thinking...of course I shall try out for goalie. To have ultimate control over the Avs defense...especially certain young Czechs...ahhhh. :mac:

Plus, I'd sell alot of posters.

Michael Griffiths said:
I honestly don't know who was better, him or Gretzky...but I'd probably take Gretzky cause Gretzky always had the X factor, always pulled the rabit out of the hat somehow. But on pure talent, Lemieux is by far the best ever. There, I said it. Now scat! :wink:

I can't tell, cujo, this this a step forward or a step back? :huh:

Does this mean you'll be shipping poor Miss Gretzkyvitch back?

AvsGirl41 said:

I can't tell, cujo, this this a step forward or a step back? :huh:

Does this mean you'll be shipping poor Miss Gretzkyvitch back?
LOL, all I can say at this point is the english translation of "Lemieux" is "the best". Am I on my way to being converted? It would be like switching religions! But that has been known to happen, so you never know...but then I'd simply be replacing one addiction with another. AvsGirl, rescue me from this bottomless pit! From this mirrored, myriad world of never ending trappings! Sweep me away from the lovely Gretzkyvitch! (BTW, Cujo was right about the goalie comment...and don't tell Gretzkyvictch this, but you are much better looking :sexywink: )

Ah, I feel I'm well on my road to recovery...(Gretzky tapes notwithstanding of course :wink: )

Sounds good Michael...

Maybe Lemieux wouldn't have been hampered with so many injuries and ailments... if he decided to stop smoking.

You've moved onto Stage 3: (which is the foundation for Step 3, deconstructing Michael Griffiths)

Bartering:
"Oh my addiction isn't that bad... I can even watch other players, see... and even make statements about how they might be even better than my favorite. I can live without Gretzky yeah!!! (speech inhibited by constant shaking, as if going through chemical withdrawal).

Let the healing continue.

Michael Griffiths said:

LOL, all I can say at this point is the english translation of "Lemieux" is "the best". Am I on my way to being converted? It would be like switching religions! But that has been known to happen, so you never know...but then I'd simply be replacing one addiction with another. AvsGirl, rescue me from this bottomless pit! From this mirrored, myriad world of never ending trappings! Sweep me away from the lovely Gretzkyvitch! (BTW, Cujo was right about the goalie comment...and don't tell Gretzkyvictch this, but you are much better looking :sexywink: )

Ah, I feel I'm well on my road to recovery...(Gretzky tapes notwithstanding of course :wink: )

:flirt: :blush: :hug:

Cujo is the head of the Hockey Healing program. While he is the president, he is also a member. It's all in the screen name, right cujo? You understand his pain. Wait, I just let another secret slip!

Can it work between us? Two Western Conference rivals? Things could get heated during play-offs, but it could be quite sexy. :sexywink:

I can probably help with your intervention, as I do have a dislike for Gretzky--not neccessarily as a player, but because he's a Czech basher and singled out my boy during the Olympics. My love for Martin Skoula comes before Hall of Fame adulation. I am a shallow puck bunny at heart.

Yeah, I can tell Cujo is a recovering addict...that's why he had to head to Detroit and "get away from it all". He just couldn't handle the pressure in T.O. That's okay, though. We've helped him through this dark time. Having a support group like this is a win win for all of us who need someone to lean on.

And, yes, it can definitely work between us! The more friction, the better. The tighter the race in the West, the more exciting I say! I really do hope we meet in the playoffs :sexywink:

So, what did Wayne say about Skoula? I remember him saying something about the liberties everyone was taking with team Canada, and then everyone in the press got fueled up over it...ah, good old Wayne...I mean, BAD old Wayne! Ah, good riddence, I say.

PS. Puck Bunnies are the best!

Last edited:
Michael Griffiths said:
Yeah, I can tell Cujo is a recovering addict...that's why he had to head to Detroit and "get away from it all". He just couldn't handle the pressure in T.O. That's okay, though. We've helped him through this dark time. Having a support group like this is a win win for all of us who need someone to lean on.

And, yes, it can definitely work between us! The more friction, the better. The tighter the race in the West, the more exciting I say! I really do hope we meet in the playoffs :sexywink:

So, what did Wayne say about Skoula? I remember him saying something about the liberties everyone was taking with team Canada, and then everyone in the press got fueled up over it...ah, good old Wayne...I mean, BAD old Wayne! Ah, good riddence, I say.

PS. Puck Bunnies are the best!

It is nice being a puck bunny, we never need intervention. Our obsession can just be waved off as typical "girl stuff." :wink:

Yes, a Vancouver-Colorado match would be very sweet indeed. Dirty hits, trash talking, bloody noses, unbearable tension. And that will just be on the board! :mac:

I wish I could remember what Gretzky said about Skoula. I went and dug through the Denver Post site but the archives don't go back to the Olympics, apparently. I know it involved Skoula supposedly spearing Theo Fleury in the last minute or so in the game--Fleury was well into the goalie crease though and several Czechs were poking at him. I think it turned out the spear/slash Gretzky was referring too was actually delivered by someone else. I do remember Skoula being singled out, but maybe Gretzky didn't name him. Denver sports analysts would probably just love to claim that he did! :rolleyes:

It was a definite spear, I remember it... Czech Republic vs. Canada, the final game of the round robin. I don't remember Fleury being in the crease... he was pushed out and then a certain player gutted him with his stick. Even though Theoren probably deserved it for being such a bastard, it was still an illegal and vicious check. Shame Shame.

PS- Detroit in 2004.

:evil: All of you will feel the wrath.

cujo said:
It was a definite spear, I remember it... Czech Republic vs. Canada, the final game of the round robin. I don't remember Fleury being in the crease... he was pushed out and then a certain player gutted him with his stick. Even though Theoren probably deserved it for being such a bastard, it was still an illegal and vicious check. Shame Shame.

PS- Detroit in 2004.

Eh. Anything my boy does is cool with me. :up: :sexywink:

Still, I never thought Gretzky needed to get up on his soapbox about it. :shrug: It certainly didn't make or break Team Canada's chances!

I don't care who wins in 2004, as long as it's not the Devils or the Stars.

AvsGirl41 said:
It certainly didn't make or break Team Canada's chances!

Actually a lot of Canadians think that Wayne's little filibuster against the media... and the anti-Canadian sentiments in the hockey world... was instrumental in taking pressure off of the Team. If only he did that before Game One... things would have been different... and sooooo much better!

Help me.

cujo said:

Actually a lot of Canadians think that Wayne's little filibuster against the media... and the anti-Canadian sentiments in the hockey world... was instrumental in taking pressure off of the Team. If only he did that before Game One... things would have been different... and sooooo much better!

Help me.

But you won gold! The team was built to win gold! How could things have gone better? :laugh:

I heard the entire Czech Republic was super pissed at Canada for what they saw as an anti-Czech sentiment--apparently some beer commercial didn't help. This was according to some guy in Pilsen I was talking to at the time, he could have been exaggerating.

Anti-Canadian sentiments in the hockey would... :laugh:

cujo said:

PS- Detroit in 2004.

:up:

<---Red Wings puck bunny

I can't believe I just read this whole thread! If there's any way I can help with the intervention, let me know.

HeartlandGirl said:
Red Wings puck bunny

Nice. The more the better I say :up:

Instructions to your intervention procedures will be sent to you in the near future Zsa Zsa.

cujo.
Clandestine Manwhore.

Back
Top Bottom