an instrumental speaks a thousand words

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've always liked Reggatta De Blanc by The Poice. Although I guess it's not technically considered an instrumental because there are some vocals but no actual lyrics. Does that count?

amon tobin - nightlife
lamb - earparcel
UNKLE - unreal
blue 6 - elios therepia
dusted - childhood
hybrid - finished symphony
rae & christian - divine sounds
orbital - the box
air - la femme d'argent

well a lot of it is "electronica" :barf:, but it's all instrumental :p
it occurs to me now i have tons and tons of instrumental music

oh yeah and vangelis :up:

Last edited:
actually while you're at it check out royksopp

Arguably one of the best releases of 2002 and unquestionably one of the most original, the filmic, dreamy and mostly instrumental Melody A.M.--from Norwegian duo Svein Berge and Torbjorn Brundtland, or R?yksopp--finds uncommon beauty in the study of contrasts. At once frosty and lush, austere and joyful, ambient and wildly detailed, Melody A.M. is equal parts classical, electronica and film score, but with way better optics. Yes, optics--or at least that's how it feels. Opening track "So Easy" lulls with a gently whispered chant casually draped over what sounds like plucked harp strings while technicolor gurgles and bloopy keyboards sputter in the background. The sweeping, beatbox-damaged "Eple"--its cascading piano notes exploding into tiny white flashes of light--is as panoramic as the Nordic vistas that inspired it. Cinematic strings flood through "In Space," creating a real sense of velocity. Like Philip Glass or Boards of Canada, R?yksopp are minimalists who wring every bit of juice out each note without ever losing sight of the emotional core. Melody A.M. is music as painting, in watercolor, and destined to be a sleeper classic for the ages.

Some more suggestions:

Underworld - Blueski
Madness - One Step Beyond (OK, not entirely instrumental, but it also doesn't have any 'real' lyrics)
Blues Brothers - Theme from Peter Gunn
R?yksopp - Eple

I'll come back when I know some more.

C ya!

Marty

(edited because he saw Skeek's post about R?yksopp)

Last edited:
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Amon Tobin - Slowly
Sigur Ros - #1 off of ()
Gy!be - Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven

Back
Top Bottom