An AFL thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well done B_M'02 :D

Did anyone watch Sydney's effort this arvo? Here's hoping Port (sorry Betty) and Freemantle both get up tonight. Port can do it, but I don't know about Freo.
Huge shame about O'Laughlin. We will miss him for the next 2-3.

Well Freo did it, a good game too! The crowd was amazing, I could actually hear them on the tv, for like the first time this year. Sounded like a soccer crowd almost.

alexvilagosh, what about collingwood :wink:

so the finals are:
Collingwood Vs Brisbane
Freemantle Vs Essendon
P.Adeliade Vs Sydney
Adeliade Vs West Coast

and if you read a post behind , I guessed this exactly last week

does anyone have that thing on AFL.com.au, how you pay for a subsriction for a year and you can listen to games live, and watch games 24 hours after the final siren?
i payed for it, i'm on 56k so i get crappy video quality, but its kinda worth it, because we dont have foxtel or Fox Footy or anything....i wish i knew how to download the videos....

but next weeks gunna be Special , as Bruce Mccavany would say

I saw a bit of an AFL match this morning as I was looking for the tennis scores this morning before I went to school.

Collingwood against Essendon, Collingwood was winning.

Looks like a rugby/soccer hybrid to me.

:applaud: the pies beat brisbane!!!
and well well well, i did expect sydney to win too , well done swanies :applaud:

Angela Harlem, did ya watch that game?, just goes to prove port are no good as a finals team, they think there top stuff by winning the top position (for the last 2 years now) and still have only won 1 of 7 finals games since they made there first finals game in 99........

we had 2 cruddy elimination finals and 2 exellent qualifying finals!

rumor is that 3 or 4 brisbane players have been spoteed coming out of neighbours auditions :wink:

also i got tickets to the grand final footy show (AFL) should be a great night.....

bring on a collingwood - sydney grand final!!

Last edited:
Mwahaha we now have to hope Brissy beat Adelaide (sorry Betty). My god, what a finals time!!!
I cant believe Sydney's efforts on Sunday. I first thought they wouldn't win, then after the second quarter I was sure they could not maintain momentum and Port would come out firing. Especially after hearing about the spraying they got in the rooms during half time...What would ya give to have heard that? :wink:

The commentator pissed me off with his comments at the end saying Port really deserved that blah blah blah. So what if they've only had 4 defeats? You have to win when it matters (I'm so biased :D) I swear it was the same commentator who had his blinders on when we played Essendon a couple of weekends ago. What a tool. I think I could be more impartial than him, and thats saying something :D

I'm with you! Bring on a Collingwood-Sydney final!!

:hyper:

i acturly want port to win this weekend.....but in the form essendon is in latley, its unlikely.....it would make it easier for collingwood :wink:
but sydney are gunna be in for a tough one, there likley to be playing brisbane...having said that, your swanies won the last 2 games against brisbane....

I think Port can and will win against Essendon. They have something to prove. Still, like you said can they really take it this far?
Collingwood are out this week too?

Hi all, great to see some fellow AFL fans here!! I'm a crows girl myself, praying they'll kick brisbanes butt this friday night:yes:
As for Saturday, well I think Essendon will beat Port, might be a close one though, I'll be in Melbourne the week after, hoping to see an Essendon v Collingwood game!!!
Shame the Crows won't be playing in Melbourne that weekend, thought i had it all worked out, but apparently not:madspit:
Oh well..."We're The Pride Of South Australia...."

Go Pies!!

i wont be around here much since my computer at home is broken, and i need to get a new hard drive....so i'm at school.....

Go the 'Pies...

Cass Sports Report:-
We have our Bears end of season presentation/party tomorrow:)
Our local Group One Rugby League team, the SG Rebels were the underdogs going into the grand-final last weekend. They led at half time by quite a comfortable margin.Their opponents scored three tries in the last 10 minutes of the game, the winning try in the last 3 minutes...180 seconds made the difference. Full-time score 42-41...what a heart-stopper!!

The game tomorrow between the Canterbury Bulldogs and The Melbourne Storm is significant for my "daughter-in-law" She was raised in a hard-core Bulldogs family( her grandmother will be at the ground tomorrow...beside herself with excitement) "daughter-in-law" lived in melbourne for a while and changed her allegiance...her family call them the Melbourne "sunshowers":)

Go Schummi!( a young guy got clocked near here yesterday on the highway doing 215kms per hour...idiot!)
Ronaldo must be taking styling tips from Beckham:D
I'm looking forward to Melbourne Cup Day...go horsies

what an athelete I am...

Enjoy....cheers.

Brisbane V Collingwood - Take Two

ah the ultimate decider

though it isnt the same as last year, brisbane were well and truly the most dominant team in the land at that point in time

the road in the leadup to premiership number 3 has been a rocky one, lots of injuries, and time is starting to catch up on some of the veterans

but the core group of the team is still very talented and full of hunger it will take a special team to break it

Collingwood on the other hand are a team quite determined to make up for last year's grand final loss, their core group is not as talented as Brisbane's, but they run hard, and are unbeatable when they are playing with full emotion

this will be another crunch grand final

my early tip is Collingwood, because they've had a week off, and brisbane havent, it might be another close one, but this year's grand final decider is not as clear cut to decide as it has been for the last 3 years

and port adelaide have made it to the list of sport's greatest chokers!

i hate this team's guts

the cornes bros
the burgoyne bros
josh carr
byron pickett

you can kiss my ass!

*strangles neck*

Go the 'Pies

In the past week I have made a new friend...a magpie...it comes to my kitchen window...and it hangs out with my chook. A good omen?

bad luck Angela Harlem, the swans did play well until the 4th quater..i really wanted them to win!, because i hate brisbane, they think there top stuff, and i hate Jason Akamanis, brisbanes only good player IMO is voss
(takes breath)

Rocca got reported for the pies, and it doesnt look good, same thing happend last year with Jason Cloke, diffrent sort of report, but he got suspended for 2 weeks.
I was lucky enough to get tickets to the Pies V Port game, not bad seats, top level on Olympic stand , but good view.
did anyone see what port did late in the 1st Quater?, they started kicking backwards as if they had the game won, everyone booed them (except the 7,000 or so port fans)

anyway, now i have to try get Grand Final tickets!, they dont sell them on the internet, so i guess the best place would be ebay, even if tickets are expensive....
i'm also off to the AFL Grand Final Footy Show, should be a good night,
GO PIES!!!

condolences BM2002.
I don't watch much football on TV( any code) but I usually make time for the AFL grandfinal and enjoy it immensely.
Aka Dacca...he scored some crazy goals
and Voss the Boss...they were a strong looking team.

So much for omens , me and my magpie...it got blown away by a wild windstorm this afternoon while the game was on. I hope it comes back.

well brisbane were much the better side on the day.....
i went, dads friend gave me a standing room ticket.....but i knew at quater time i had wasted my money.....but at least i got to stand in the new grandstand......
collingwoods chocie to pick walker wasnt the best of descions, although walker played well, i would have chosen Steve McKee, because that would have helped Frasier in the ruck, so he could have some time for a breather......

I went to collingwood tranining before the GF Footy show....got Jarrod Mollys Autograph on the back of my magpies shirt :), had a good time! i wanted to go to family day today, but didnt feel like going back to melbourne for a 2 hour drive for the 4th day in a row

GO PIES IN 2004!!, i will have my membership, and go to the 18 games plus the finals!

Back
Top Bottom