Amy Millan - Honey From The Tombs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
:drool: :drool: :angry: :drool:

642pxhoneyfromthetombsan3.jpg

Have any of my fellow Starsies heard this solo record yet? It's been out in Canada for awhile now and gets released in the States on the 22nd of August. I just downloaded it and I'm about to give it a good old fashion listening-to.

If you need a link to a zip file of the album, I can email it to you.

Shit album from a great vocalist.

Stars get a little bit too much credit, but they've still released a handful of the best songs this side of 2002. "Elevator Love Letter" is what Heaven sounds like, I reckon.

I don't necessarily think that it's shit. So far, I'm liking a few of the songs and, obviously, her voice. Not the greatest album I've ever heard, but certainly far from shit.

And as soon as I'm done with this, I get to listen to Idlewild because it just leaked :drool:

Amendment to my last post:

Idlewild didn't just leak, but it was only just now brought to my attention. Regardless, Outkasty goodness is on the way.

Furthermore, the new Decemberists leaked as well, so it looks like I've got a full slate.

And yes, upon further listening, I dig the Amy Millan record.

What addy, LMPA? I've got nothing at the hotmail address.

like you said, impy, it's been out here for a while now.

while i'm not as enamoured with it as i am with her stars stuff - honey from the tombs has more of a country feel to it - it's not bad.

skinny boy is far and away my favourite track out of them all.

you've got lips
i could
spend a day with

:kiss:

oddly enough, i've only heard skinny boy.

i guess cause everything i've read and heard has suggested the rest is weak.

hitman, what else you recommend i download?

At 37 minutes, it's a breeze to get through the entire thing. After one listen though, the tracks that stood out to me were "Wayward and Parliament", "All The Miles", and "Hard Hearted". I'm going to give it another listen before bed and see if anything else jumps out at me.

Back
Top Bottom