Amnesiac Review that you won't enjoy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Judah

War Child
This review is one of the shoddiest piece of writing i've ever read...so many mistakes...the writer is left with no credibility:
"Irish rockers"? "Fresh from rehab bandleader"? "Life Spinning Plates"? "Like a Glass House"? "Knifes Out"? Thom's "nifty guitar work on Pyramid Song"? "Tom York"?

I think the person who wrote this was either 9 years old, or really really drunk.

I agree the writer of this article hasn't really done their homework.

I mean calling them "Irish" and "Tom York".
That doesn't look good and will quickly turn people off thinking that the author has any idea what he/she is talking about.

It sounds like an article coming from someone who is PISSED OFF because they can't grasp the album and see in any light how certain songs could be listenable.

Yet they have proven how little they know about the band. So their opinion can't be taken too seriously.

Which is a good point. I believe you have to get to know Radiohead before you like them. Their music has to grow on you.
To me it doesn't look like the author has done that.

Although I personally still find a lot of the songs on Kid A, Amnesiac and Ok Computer will never grow on me because I find them so god awful to listen too.

If you are bashing this article because the author has got some basic facts incorrect, thats cool.

But I hope you're not bashing them for having a goddamn opinion about something.

[This message has been edited by pr0digy (edited 04-12-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom