Amnesiac Is An Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seriously the difference in reception between Radiohead and Coldplay threads annoy me.

Someone starts a new Coldplay thread and immediately gets flak.

Someone starts a new Radiohead thread and nothing happens.

Granted, the new Radiohead threads seem to be talking about different things, but I've seen about three or four appreciation threads for the Bends alone in my time here.

Maybe we could bring 'Yesterday I Woke Up Sucking A Lemon' back?

Oh yeah back on topic, I guess, Amnesiac is the only RH album I do not own and I guess I ought to be making overtures to purchase it but it's not a high priority right now.

I see no problem in having more Radiohead threads and less Coldplay threads...

Amnesiac is bloody fantastic! I got it around two years ago I think and I still love it! Perfect album for the autumn.

It's a matter of principle, I guess. The band index was created to curb the creation of multiple threads on the same band over and over; Radiohead seem to be the only exception to this rule.

Fuck, I actually randomly looked at the Radiohead threads in the band index and they're actually quite unique from each other, unlike the 2 million Coldplay sucks threads.

I think I'll take my concerns elsewhere now; the sudden appearance of so many Radiohead threads in a short space of time has clouded my judgement.

gareth brown said:
I see no problem in having more Radiohead threads and less Coldplay threads...

:lol:

Amnesiac is brilliant. Personally, I rank it higher than The Bends. So much good stuff on this album... You And Whose Army, Pyramid Song, I Might Be Wrong, Knives Out, Dollars and Cents, Amnesiac/Morning Bell and Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box are amongst my all-time favourites.

GibsonGirl said:

You And Whose Army, Pyramid Song, I Might Be Wrong, Knives Out, Dollars and Cents, Amnesiac/Morning Bell and Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box are amongst my all-time favourites.

:hmm:

List everything but Pulk Pull why don't you. :sad: :sad:

Pulk/Pull is....nice. It's better than We Suck young Blood anyway. :|

Packt Sardines rule!!! :wink:

awwww, poor amnesiac. it's like the black-sheep alcoholic half-brother to kid a.

but how can you not love you and whose army? come on! and the bassline to dollars & cents completely kicks my ass!

yertle-the-turtle said:
Seriously the difference in reception between Radiohead and Coldplay threads annoy me.

Someone starts a new Coldplay thread and immediately gets flak.

Someone starts a new Radiohead thread and nothing happens.

it's really annoying. but radiohead OMG!!!!! DROOOOOOLZ!!!!!!!! :happy: tEHy r TeH BeSt BaND EvAAAAHH!!!!!11!!
in other words, yertle :up:

i don't like this album. at all.

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:
I think I'll take my concerns elsewhere now; the sudden appearance of so many Radiohead threads in a short space of time has clouded my judgement.

no, i think it was justified. i wish i just had more clout here. haha.

Just to point out, I do agree with yertle's observations. This thread was mainly created to satirise the vast amount of RH threads about atm. :yes:

I like a lot of Radiohead's catalogue, but I am by no means a huge fan, I only got into them when their members collaborated with my favourite artist.

I've been calling for some decent Coldplay discussion, but the stigma (and that uncalled for sticky at the top of this forum) mean that will probably never happen.

timothius said:
Just to point out, I do agree with yertle's observations. This thread was mainly created to satirise the vast amount of RH threads about atm. :yes:

I like a lot of Radiohead's catalogue, but I am by no means a huge fan, I only got into them when their members collaborated with my favourite artist.

I've been calling for some decent Coldplay discussion, but the stigma (and that uncalled for sticky at the top of this forum) mean that will probably never happen.

:up:

There's definitely a double standard in this forum for Radiohead and Coldplay.

the difference between coldplay and radiohead threads, is that the radiohead threads don't suck shit.

amnesiac is an album...no kidding? you really did your homework on that one, didn't you.

i know more about radiohead than the five members know about themselves.

Zoomerang96 said:
the difference between coldplay and radiohead threads, is that the radiohead threads don't suck shit.

amnesiac is an album...no kidding? you really did your homework on that one, didn't you.

i know more about radiohead than the five members know about themselves.

:yes:

Speaking of Amnesiac...someone should send me it:wink:

GibsonGirl said:

I'm a reasonable woman, getoffmycasegetoffmycasegetoffmycase. :wink:

:lmao:

bonnell.kip @gmail.com....Amnesiac is my Radiohead missing link...and I can't find a copy around these parts for the life of me!

timothius said:

Now somone praise Pulk Pull. :mad:

:tsk:

I actually listened to Pulk Pull for the first time yesterday and my first reaction was.. 'What the fuck is this, alien music?'

Is that praise enough? :wink:

Zootlesque said:

I actually listened to Pulk Pull for the first time yesterday and my first reaction was.. 'What the fuck is this, alien music?'

Hell ya! I'll take alien music over clone music!

*ducks*

:wink:

Zootlesque said:

:shrug:

It may grow. Pulk Pull was definatly my favourite upon first listen though.

Alien music? :lol:

I praise "Pulk/Pull" for giving Radiohead fans a more subtle way of saying, "HEY, LOOK AT ME, I LIKE EXPERIMENTAL AND INTERESTING MUSIC, LOOK AT ME."

Back
Top Bottom